Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11811 sucks...and then you get their customer service

Options
  • 03-06-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Right,

on Bank Holiday Monday, I rang 11811, looking for a number in Lucan...and got connected to an automated voice telling me a number for Rathmines.

So, on Tuesday, I completed the complaint form on the www.11811.ie website and later on got this;

"Dear XXXXXX
    Further to your E-mail to the Customer Care Dept, as your calls are with
    another Service Provider, Eircom have no access to your Account Details,
    as you will have to contact your Service Provider to have this looked in
    to for you.

Kind Regards
    XXXXX."

ie. from Eircom. Not 11811.

I emailed my parents new provider and they rang back immediately, telling me that they had no power to stop www.11811.ie billing us.

I've dropped a spare phone book out to the 'rents and have *no* intention of ever using 11811 again but Eircom/11811 are being arsey with me, so I'm not in the mood to let them off the hook.

It's about a yoyo for "call setup", thereafter approx 40c per min, btw. (11850 and 11890 are similar/slightly cheaper) Nor is it the first time this has happened.

Any suggestions for kicking some Eircom/11811 ass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

go to www.regtel.ie. mention them and they get antsy... any further info can be found at www.comreg.ie. are they continuously billing you for services you are not using?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

I've emailed RegTel and will have a look at ComReg - nothing jumped out at me there, earlier but I only had a quick goo at the site.

BTW, not even a ghost of a polite apology outta 11811/Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

DrumSteve wrote: »
    are they continuously billing you for services you are not using?

nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KTEXPERT

Having a horrendous time getting a number changed on 11811. I think this is because Eircom manage 11811 and because we have switched to a new provider they won't assist us.

Having spoken to a repersentative form 11811 she advised that it was between our carrier and the National Database. Our carrier has sent the file to the data base to be updated but that was over a month ago.

Loosing customers every day because of unprofessionalism and pure lack of communication.
    Contacted Comreg who have opened a complaint with Eircom. However the don't know when we will hear a response as " there is no time frame on the reply"

Seriously, who is responsible for the loss of business we are enduring here because of incompetancy and poor communications?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just a side note-I'm sure most of you are aware of this already but I thought I'd remind you.

My elderly Aunt called 11811 looking for a number and instead of asking for the number, she asked to be connected.
    She made two calls like this and was charged €20 per call.

I know she should have asked for the number and I know she was being charged 11811 rates while on the phone, but just a reminder to folks who maybe have a family member who isn't aware of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

The rates are gone through the roof,im with vf at home and it is now 1.25 just to get through and 1.50 a min after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

fussyonion wrote: »
    Just a side note-I'm sure most of you are aware of this already but I thought I'd remind you.

My elderly Aunt called 11811 looking for a number and instead of asking for the number, she asked to be connected.
    She made two calls like this and was charged €20 per call.

I know she should have asked for the number and I know she was being charged 11811 rates while on the phone, but just a reminder to folks who maybe have a family member who isn't aware of this.

There was an obligation on the directory companies to state the cost per min to connect. Not sure if it still applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Probably does but my Aunt wouldn't think of checking.

If I had known she was going to call them beforehand, I would have told her to just ask for the number, so I know she made the mistake by asking to be connected BUT isn't €40 ridiculous for two calls?

Mistake made, lesson learned...

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

My elderly dad made the same error on Friday. Any way to complain about them?

Advertisement