Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintendents

Options
  • 03-06-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Any one have a pain in the ass for one? ours is so particular. and she is so annoying, she paces over and back at the top of the room and then she weaves her way around all the desks staring at you to see if you're cheating. she is actually so distracting and annoying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

No, mine is hot :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

my a fag too old too

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Didn't really take any notice of ours. Most of the time she was sitting at her desk. Its a bit annoying that she didn't allow us to keep the paper at the end however hopefully she will change her mind about this for the other exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Mine was grand. Read out the rules at the start, told us not to be nervous, said good luck. When it came to the end, she told us to put the finishing touches onto the paper and hand it up in our own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Got an old woman that has no clue what's going on. She also likes to stand in front of me for thirty minute stretchs with her ass in my face:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Our fella is sound, gave us an extra few minutes at the end. If only I had known beforehand, I wouldn't have finsihed my essay so abruptly!

My table though was incredibly wonky :rolleyes: so I decided to change it. Good decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Our's is great, same one that does it every year cause he's our Irish teachers brother. Even gave us 10 mins extra at the start.:D

The guy I had last year let us start each exam at least 5 minutes early and finish them about 10 minutes late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ours kept farting! not quiet ones, but really loud smelly ones, now that's distracting!
    and the same as in the junior cert im right under their desk, great.

She decided half way through to write on the board what time we were finished at and what time the next exam was at.

Then she noticed the clock had stopped and got the attendent to go get a new one at which point they decided they needed my chair to stand on the replace it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

My half of the hall has the examiner we had for the irish oral, ahh hes lovely :) no extra time tho, but then i was finished in time, i think he let people keep writing for a little bit after.

The other half has this young wan who was wearing a really brightly coloured flowery dress. Yuck. Looked distracting :p And she kept wandering around
    K4t wrote: »
    My table though was incredibly wonky :rolleyes: so I decided to change it. Good decision.

thanks for reminding me, must bring in a bitta paper 2moro, mines wobbly too :(
    kateos2 wrote: »
    Then she noticed the clock had stopped and got the attendent to go get a new one at which point they decided they needed my chair to stand on the replace it!

wow. how considerate of them :eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

all the super intendants in our school are the same we have had for the last few years! our one is grand, he just talked to us at the start bout the rules in general, told us not to panic, wished us good luck and let us start 2 min early! pity we'v to wear our uniforms!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Ours is grand, some fella from Cork or somewhere down there, seems fairly laid back. Sits at his desk mostly, has the odd ramble around the room. His phone went off during the exam though :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

thanks for reminding me, must bring in a bitta paper 2moro, mines wobbly too :(
    Ya and the one I got instead was a brand new table, solid as a rock!
    Mr.S wrote: »
    and every time she came by me she'd tell me the time, when i only asked once
    As long as she wasn't coming around every five minutes, that was pretty sound of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

ours is probably no older than me, and she was soooo nervous when she was trying to instruct us her voice was shaking and then she said now i dont want anyone to bring their notes into the exams ok?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Our is grand (When I did that whole sit outside and ferry people over to the toilet thing, it was the same guy).

Doesnt walk around too much.

Basically he's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Theres 2 in one big hall for me, our lad is sound enough now must be said, no problem getting to the toilet or the likes,

Then at the end the wan up the other end says 5 minutes left, and he told us we have 6, didnt really make a difference but its still a minute! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Ours is lovely. Gave us a nice reassuring peptalk this morning and was generally pretty sound.

The other side of our centre has the same I had for JC. She's so dosey, and is constantly late, including this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I have my own room (laptop) with a teacher in my school. He's sound. Talking to me for the exam haha.

He was like

"What's the theme this year?"
    "Zoo."

"What question you doing?"
    "Science and Technology"
    "Ah right."

"You still doing your essay?"
    "Yeah."
    "Ah won't disturb you then."

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

ours was really really (and i mean really) old. nice guy though. were not in an exam hall though, just class rooms. i got the best seat in the house, back corner with a book case to my left and a wall the other side...cosy!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Ours is grand, except with ten minutes left he said no one could leave now even if they were finished cos the noise would be too distracting. fair enough i thought.

then he went on for the remaining ten minutes about how distracting it would be for us, and how terrible it would be if we were distracted in those vital last minutes. felt like shouting well then STFU.

also he was wearing sandals with socks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

ours is grand, really laid back and smiley!:D
    thank god for small blessings:)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Mine has been coming to the school for years, nice old auld wan, told us to take our time and insisted that I take the paper with me at the end - "ah sure gowan and look over it love - till do no harm" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We have a nice lady, though she was a bit late handing out he papers and we started 3 minutes late (and those three minutes can make a world of difference!). A girl sitting beside me is doing OL English and wanted to leave early, and the superindendent was discussing something with her which was really distracting. So there's a point in my essay where it gets sort of vague and waffley because I couldn't think properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

My one's sound. He's old and looks strict but he doesn't appear to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mine is adequate. Very on time, not really one to be friendly with students. No extra time, but no lost time either. It is funny when someone leaves though, she legs it over to the door so it won't slam!

Also wouldn't let us keep our papers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

phasers wrote: »

Does anyone know why this is?

We were allowed keep ours, but I fail to see why you shouldn't be. In the mocks they wouldn't let us take them in case we'd pass them onto someone else to cheat off, but like, we've all done the exam.. What are we going to do with them like?

(There's probably some really obvious answer for this.. Gah, head is frazzled...)

Why :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Ours is grand, except with ten minutes left he said no one could leave now even if they were finished cos the noise would be too distracting. fair enough i thought.
    the rules are you cant leave in the final 10 mins, its in that little book!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Fad wrote: »
    Why :eek:

Why wouldn't she or why did I want to keep them?

To be honest I'd doodled all over the back of my paper and I didn't want her to see, but my friends wanted to keep them so their sisters and brothers could re use their exam papers next year with the 2009 paper we got.

• Advertisement

Why wouldn't she or why did I want to keep them?

To be honest I'd doodled all over the back of my paper and I didn't want her to see, but my friends wanted to keep them so their sisters and brothers could re use their exam papers next year with the 2009 paper we got.
    ]

I mean why wouldnt she let you.

Advertisement