Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintendents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Ours was nice, she mostly sat at her desk but she was helpful and pleasant. All you can ask for I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Any one have a pain in the ass for one? ours is so particular. and she is so annoying, she paces over and back at the top of the room and then she weaves her way around all the desks staring at you to see if you're cheating. she is actually so distracting and annoying

does she have curly hair! sounds distinctly like a teacher of mine! really strict! wenever we had engineering with maths after,(theres only 1 engineering teacher in our school) we always predicted what she was going to say! literally 5 mins late and we would say, "we're only let out now" to which she goes" until now?"!, then looks at clock which is up on the wall behind her. FFS THERES ONLY 1 METALWORK TEACHER!!! shes awful strict!

where was your exam???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Fad wrote: »
    ]

I mean why wouldnt she let you.

I'd like to know that too, any teachers/exam supers want to help us out? Is it at the supervisor's discretion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i think they always keep the first exam paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I have mine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Fad wrote: »
    I mean why wouldnt she let you.

Ya I find this interesting too. We were allowed to keep ours but I remember in the Junior Cert we were not. If they do stop you from keeping them just say: "fcuk you b!tch, I paid €100 to do this thing, I'm keepin it!"

Although tbh, I wouldn't care if I couldn't have it. I wouldn't look at the thing afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

Ours was really nice! Even made a couple of jokes and helped out the people with wonky desks! I remember the one I had for the JC wouldnt let me keep any of the exam papers! It was so annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Did we not pay for those exam papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I hated the way we couldnt keep our booklets for the HPAT. We paid ninety euro just for that one exam. It was well scabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I think I flashed mine by accident :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ours was a P*ick!
    I asked to go to the jacks, and he stood back and announced to the room that this was an exam and you couldn't be going to the toilet every 2 minutes.
    Sound!

I called him a joke and walked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Piste wrote: »
    I hated the way we couldnt keep our booklets for the HPAT. We paid ninety euro just for that one exam. It was well scabby.

Yeah it was.

The lad we have is grand, old and seems quite not nice, but he was in when I was doing the LC 2 years ago and he's grand, good dry wit and always makes sure we get the full time in. Might only walk around twice during most exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

phasers wrote: »
    I'd like to know that too, any teachers/exam supers want to help us out? Is it at the supervisor's discretion?

I asked my principal about this after the exam he said that it was at the supervisors discretion. When you think about it it is kind of ridiculous as there are 3 centers in my school and both of the others were allowed keep their papers.
    He went on to say that the supervisors will generally drop the papers into the staff room after the exam so if you really want to get it you can do so.
    In the case of the supervisor in my center this is not so as she asked us to seal the papers within our work. In other cases if you want a copy of the paper it is worth a shot.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Did you leave early? If so, they have to take the exam paper up if you leave before the end, as you could text people the anwsers or something.

Your allowed take them once the exams over.

but sure I knew the questions, I could text answers if I wanted to either way. Although I don't see how you could text someone an English paper 1 answer.
    Other girls from my room stayed till the end and didn't get to keep their papers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Mine's a milf.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

mink_man wrote: »
    the rules are you cant leave in the final 10 mins, its in that little book!

I've no problem with that rule, I just felt the fact that he kept talking for the final 10 mins defeated the purpose of that rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

phic wrote: »
    Ours is grand, except with ten minutes left he said no one could leave now even if they were finished cos the noise would be too distracting. fair enough i thought.

then he went on for the remaining ten minutes about how distracting it would be for us, and how terrible it would be if we were distracted in those vital last minutes. felt like shouting well then STFU.

also he was wearing sandals with socks.
    that was the very same as mine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

that was the very same as mine!!

Ha thought you might be someone in my class but I see your in Tipperary!
    Yeah annoying isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

phic wrote: »
    Ha thought you might be someone in my class but I see your in Tipperary!
    Yeah annoying isn't it?!
    ya i had to check too!! ya its very annoying those white socks! and he was looking all summery and what not and here is us stuck in our uniforms!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Ours is grand...Just sits at the top of the room. I'm down the back.

Wouldn't let us bring in a pencil case though...:( I was allowed last year.

She gave out Paper 1 a good 6-7mins early. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah but you'd draw more attention/bigger risk of getting caught if you where texting someone the questions?
    But why would I text someone the questions? They have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

We have two, a man and a woman. The guy wouldn't let me go to the toilet! And then when the next guy asked, he let him, and then a whole load of people went...

They both seem fairly strict and impersonal, which isn't a really a bad thing. They're just doing their job. No extra time, but I didn't need any today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Our examiner fell asleep, and when he was awake, he walked around the hall having random conversations with people. Asked one guy what he was getting up to as far as a summer job went, asked another if the tigers in one essay scared him? :confused:

I asked him how much time exactly was left, went a little something like this.

Me:
    Could you tell me how much time exactly is left?
    Him: Well, it's an hour now minus a minute and 30 seconds.
    Me: Ah right, thanks.
    Him: A minute and 25 seconds.
    Me: Hahah, okay, thanks.
    Him: A minute and 20 seconds.
    Me: ...okay, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Mine's a really old lady who seems to be a real stifler for rules.
    No give in her at all. Not even a ''good luck'' or a smile.
    Pity as it could make the whole 'ordeal' of exams a little easier to deal with *sigh* :(

Thankfully I arrived in at 9:20 this morning for English so I missed most of her ranting and shouting. For the less fortunate other in my exam hall apparently she'd been at it since before 9...

/makes mental note not to arrive super early for exams

Gah - you lucky people with nice Superintendents! >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

we have a starer.. im slightly worried :p
    everytime of of the girlsin my class sat forward (wearing a relativly low top) hed walk down the classroom, and the rest of the time he sat giving me daggers. was sooo distracting!

and and and, he wore socks with sandles

but he didnt give a ****e when we went to the bathroom, we didnt even ask we just got up and left!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ah the three of ours seem fairly alright. They did make a bit of noise when they got their cups of tea and whatnot, but meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

yeah we get the same guys every year, had the same one i had for the JC, not a bother on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You have three :eek:?!

how big is your hall!?

It's erm...big... It's the Gym like. There's around 130 6th years in there, give or take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

our one was sound out gave us the papers 10 minutes before start to leave us look over em couldnt write but planned in the head so was a very good day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

We had a reallly nice guy. Let us look at Paper 2 and all.

Advertisement