Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintendents

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Le Cuid A

Our supervisor was absolutely repulsive, she practically screamed the rules at us at the start and even accused one of the lads near me of cheating, as he was holding the backing of the level sticker, hopefully it's only because it was the first day of the exams and that she had to get up early to get herself organised and her attitude would change because I find it quite daunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

Foxx92 wrote: »
    We had a reallly nice guy. Let us look at Paper 2 and all.
    sh1t you beat me to it. well actually im in junior cert so i better go back where i belong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Ours is a TOOL. He didn't give out the papers until about a quarter to ten! Coulda gotten two more pages into an essay during that time! He'd better not be like that for the rest of the exams or someone's getting complained about.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

our guy is cool, he gave us a few extra minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Frank3142 wrote: »
    sh1t you beat me to it. well actually im in junior cert so i better go back where i belong

Im not even doing an exam this year, I'm in 5th year. To keep on topic, for my JC ours was really nice. Gave us extra minutes here and there and even let me sign for the box thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

mink_man wrote: »
    does she have curly hair! sounds distinctly like a teacher of mine! really strict! wenever we had engineering with maths after,(theres only 1 engineering teacher in our school) we always predicted what she was going to say! literally 5 mins late and we would say, "we're only let out now" to which she goes" until now?"!, then looks at clock which is up on the wall behind her. FFS THERES ONLY 1 METALWORK TEACHER!!! shes awful strict!

where was your exam???

no she doesn't have curly hair I don't think. she's fat and short and she wrecks my head. I kept giving her dirty looks and she didn't take it as a hint to stop ****ing pacing!! arggh

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I've got the single most annoying examiner. He wouldn't stop walking around, reminding use every half an hour to check out exam numbers, he put his pen in front of my face twice today for no apparent reason, I think he might have been counting us or something. Examiners are suppose to be virtually invisible but this guy is one massive distraction disguised as a balding middle aged man. And he gave us out the exam ten minutes late because he wasn't organised.
    If he starts that craic again next time round I'm going to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

I think we can all agree that the worst superintendent is Mr. Louth

why do people have a problem with not being allowed keep their paper before it's over? the paper is still live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

we have 4 of them in our school.
    the one talking to my class though had an unbelievably quiet voice
    i couldnt hear a word he was saying:mad:

and all the desks are foldable and every so often all you hear is someones collapsing. v. annoying.

i cound kill the drogheda ones though

did you know the examiner didnt even report it to the department.
    it was only after 2 people told thier parents who complained to the principle that it was reported.

• Advertisement

Did anyone doing the LC notice anything different in the preparations of the Superintendants today. I'm just wondering if they were cautious today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I got the same one who did the Junior Cert.

She's nice enough, more importantly she didn't distract us in any way, didn't say a word during the exam and when she did walk around she seemed to keep her distance and not bring attention to herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ahh, ours is just lovely. Today in maths, he announced all the 10 minute / 5 minute marks. Most of the hall is cleared out at this stage, leaving the 6 of us doing honours still looking over stuff.

At time up: Ok guys, its almost 12.00.

A minute or 2 later: Emm ya, i think we're going over time.

A minute or 2 later: *starts laughing* Emm right, emm ya, ye might just finish up there.....legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Did anyone doing the LC notice anything different in the preparations of the Superintendants today. I'm just wondering if they were cautious today?

Ours just said "look everyone its definitly paper one!"
    I had to sign the bag, i read the label like 4 times before I signed!
    He'd circled "paper 1" bless him!
    He's taking no chances!

phic wrote: »
    Ours just said "look everyone its definitly paper one!"
    I had to sign the bag, i read the label like 4 times before I signed!
    He'd circled "paper 1" bless him!
    He's taking no chances!

Ha, ours didnt even mention anything. Hope they know to come in tomorrow....:p

I had to sign the thing and ours was like acknowledge the date and that it says PAPER 1 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ramey

Ours isn't too bad! I had to sign the plastic package again today, took more than half a second, unlike last time I did. :pac:

I did notice something quite strange during English paper 1 though. Not sure if it is routine, but she was measuring the size of the room in, and I saw she had drawn a rough diagram of the rooms layout. She kept getting up and checking our desks to see if we were cheating. Could have been worse I guess, she was nice today. She let us write down stuff on our answer book before the exam started, e.g stuff that we were trying to memorize before the exam! :D

Ramey wrote: »
    Ours isn't too bad! I had to sign the plastic package again today, took more than half a second, unlike last time I did. :pac:

I did notice something quite strange during English paper 1 though. Not sure if it is routine, but she was measuring the size of the room in, and I saw she had drawn a rough diagram of the rooms layout. She kept getting up and checking our desks to see if we were cheating. Could have been worse I guess, she was nice today. She let us write down stuff on our answer book before the exam started, e.g stuff that we were trying to memorize before the exam! :D

I think threres a minimum distance there has to be between desks so maybe she was checking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Mine walks around like a cop.Her arms are always rigid behind her back and she doesnt look anyone in the eye.I tried to smile at her the first day coz she looked like she was having a bad day bu all i got was daggers in return...i got the feeling she thought i was being cheeky just for smiling at her! I guess shes just a crank.I hate the way some supervisors act as though everyones a criminal and they are just waiting for some proof to prove the crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My superintendent today was hilarious, she checked every paper 3 times before giving them out. Then when she told us to turn them over the screamed "STOP!! IS EVERYBODY SATISFIED THAT THEIR PAPER IS MATHS PAPER 1??!"

Then she checked everyone's paper's again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The guy in my centre seems a bit moody,but he's grand. The one I had for my Junior Cert,I loved. I was on awe of that man. He had the best shoes ever,he was so nice,and he was incredibly helpful. He seemed to have a genuine interest in all of us,I liked that. The current guy doesn't appear to be all that bothered,but he's nice enough. Just don't ask him for graph paper and extra paper at the same time though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Our superintendent is also nice and a bit lazy. He never gets up and walks around the class, just sits in the back and reads exam stuff :D. I sit in the back on the other side, so he can barely see me :pac:.
    This morning he was "it is REALLY maths paper 1!", someone from the class was "If you're not from Co. Louth, we trust you".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ramey wrote: »
    I did notice something quite strange during English paper 1 though. Not sure if it is routine, but she was measuring the size of the room in, and I saw she had drawn a rough diagram of the rooms layout.

It's routine. A superintendent has to include a map showing the layout of the candidates for each exam, along with their report of anything unusual that happened during the exam (visitors to the room etc.).
    It's in case there is any suspected copying reported by correctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Had a bit of a chat today with one of ours, just was rising her about having to come in at 9.15 on a Saturday for a job she thought would be a dos :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Ours in pretty nice. She gives us the booklets 10 mins beforehand to rule it out and stuff (but we can't write anything till it starts). She also gave us a bit of advice before each exam and is generally sound so far :) AND she isn't a walker!! She only got up to hand out extra paper etc

Couldn't you just strangle those teachers who insist on pacing the room? I feel for you guys who have one. They're the worst :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Couldn't you just strangle those teachers who insist on pacing the room? I feel for you guys who have one. They're the worst :mad:

Exactly. My friend had one like this last year, she was so annoyed. It's ok to walk around in some exams, but the guy walked in English paper 1 exam (how you can cheat in English paper 1?) and disturbed half of the class when they were writing essays.

Ours in pretty nice. She gives us the booklets 10 mins beforehand to rule it out and stuff (but we can't write anything till it starts). She also gave us a bit of advice before each exam and is generally sound so far :) AND she isn't a walker!! She only got up to hand out extra paper etc

Emmm....rule it out? :confused::o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Cheating in English paper I? That's not possible lol! :confused:

@Anne-Marie: I like red margins :P I want the examiner to like my script cause it's neat and stuff. Our english teacher told us that messy scripts can sometimes put the examiner in a bad mood (and therefore possibly less generous with ye olde markes lol) so I'm going for every advantage I can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

mine fell asleep for a good 20 minutes of geography today.
    there was only me and one other girl in the center so could have easily cheated if we wanted, didn't though.

she does take a good while though when you ask for more paper/graph paper. stamping, signing and putting the date on it. don't remember them doing that for the jc. thought it was just the stamp..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Mine talked to me a bit today (a few minutes before the exam started) about how it was disgraceful that so few people in my school are doing honours maths (8, 3 of which are in her centre).

Then at the end she asked me how it was and seemed happy that i found it easy enough, I think she may be a maths teacher.

Advertisement