Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Golf membership in dublin

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

acer911 wrote: »
    Any details on under 30s membership?

€600, that's full 7 days membership with GUI/Insurance included and access to all 27 holes at Corrstown.

I reckon they will be closing this offer soon due to the large interest in it.

The commission I receive is only on the full memberships, but I get €25 back on the unders which I can also pass to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Golf365 wrote: »
    I see that the thread has been concentrating on golf clubs on the north side of Dublin, here is some information of a club on the South Side.
    I have been a member in Slade Valley GC in Saggart , Co.Dublin for the past 8 years and they are doing a very good new members offer for €600. This is for full 7 Day membership with the option to add GUI Levy of €21 plus €20 golf insurance. The €600 will be gradually increased over a three/four year period.

Under 29's start from €225'for 18-22 year olds, €275 for 23/24 yrs, €375 for 25/26 yrs , €475 for 27 yrs, €535 for 28 years of age and then 29 years plus is €600.
    If you are looking for the golf experience of a good club atmosphere that you will get to meet new people then you should consider Slade Valley GC, I did !!
    All the details are on the website or phone Dermot in the office (01)4582183

Played up there in an open a couple of weeks ago and was quite impressed. Nice variety in the layout and very good greens. Also seems like a friendly place. Do you know what the likely increase is going to be next couple of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Golf365

My understanding is that the new members annual subscription will increase by approx. €120 per year and the existing members annual subscription will gradually reduce to around €900, the intention is for this to be done over a three to four year period.
    A special rate for under 35's will continue, increase for this category will be based on age.
    Played this evening in the Wednesday Evening 9 Hole Competition and the course is really taking shape now for hopefully a great summer of golf ⛳️⛳️⛳️⛳️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone seen any good deals for 2017? I want to get a GUI this year (for the first time) but I don't think I'll be able to play enough to justify paying close to €1k in fees

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone seen any good deals for 2017? I want to get a GUI this year (for the first time) but I don't think I'll be able to play enough to justify paying close to €1k in fees
    Blessington Lakes GC, 9 holer alternate tee boxes on back nine, always in great nick 525 euro new full members offer now till March 1st 2018.
    There is a a drone footage flyover piece on the website that gives a great sense of the place. Yes i am a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Eoinyh

Blessington Lakes GC, 9 holer alternate tee boxes on back nine, always in great nick 525 euro new full members offer now till March 1st 2018.
    There is a a drone footage flyover piece on the website that gives a great sense of the place. Yes i am a member.

Would not call this a good deal, below avarage course, you'd be better spending a few more euros than the €525 an get a 18 hole course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Synode wrote:

Which side of Dublin are you based? I assume you don't want to be crossing the city every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Bellewstown is 20 mins from swords 500 odd for full membership and think they do a pay and play from 250.
    Corballis would be another option.

First Up wrote: »
    Which side of Dublin are you based? I assume you don't want to be crossing the city every time.

South side. Yeah ideally a course on this side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

South side. Yeah ideally a course on this side

Grange Castle in clondalkin just off the M7 850 per year all in.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Grange Castle in clondalkin just off the M7 850 per year all in.

Or €299 pay as you play, the op said he won't get out that much..

http://www.grangecastlegc.com/golf-membership-dublin/

Yeah that pay and play looks good. Blessington also have one for 199

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

Yeah that pay and play looks good. Blessington also have one for 199

Just remember that it's only nine holes..

Eoinyh wrote: »
    Would not call this a good deal, below avarage course, you'd be better spending a few more euros than the €525 an get a 18 hole course
    Well not according to Ivan Morris who nominated it as the best Parkland 9 hole course in the country.

fourinarow wrote: »
    Just remember that it's only nine holes..
    Ah but its 9 you will never forget. Look lads yes we are only 9 holes with alternate tee boxes and the course is always immaculate with simply brilliant greens year round, even now they are awesome and yes we are at the lower end of the price scale but if you are into competitive golf you will not get a better club, we love our golf here on the blessed nine just look at the amount of articles that go on our website we eat drink and sleep the game and all are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I played Hollystown for the first time at the weekend. It was quite nice and they have 27 holes too. I think they offer full membership for around the 550 mark for under 28's. Considering it myself. I'm new to the game too

Well not according to Ivan Morris who nominated it as the best Parkland 9 hole course in the country.

Not much competition really in the 9 hole department, now if I was living in the area and u told me you can have blessington lakes for €500 or tulfarris for €1000 a year, I would not be in the 9 hole course, 9 hole courses need to be very special to compare or compete with 18 hole courses, blessington lakes is far from that.

I played Hollystown for the first time at the weekend. It was quite nice and they have 27 holes too. I think they offer full membership for around the 550 mark for under 28's. Considering it myself. I'm new to the game too

I don't think they will have 27 holes for too much longer. I think there is plans for development on part of the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Exactly wrote: »
    I don't think they will have 27 holes for too much longer. I think there is plans for development on part of the course.

correct, land sold for social housing a gaa club for the area.

Not much competition really in the 9 hole department, now if I was living in the area and u told me you can have blessington lakes for €500 or tulfarris for €1000 a year, I would not be in the 9 hole course, 9 hole courses need to be very special to compare or compete with 18 hole courses, blessington lakes is far from that.
    There are approx 80 nine holers in the country Eoin, to be named as the top 9 hole parkland is pretty cool. Being perfectly honest i would have thought the same about 9 holers till i came up one day about 5 years ago and was blown away by the condition of the course and its setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Exactly wrote: »
    Ollieboy wrote: »
    correct, land sold for social housing a gaa club for the area.

Well that settles that then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Who's he?

Look, if you are into 9 holers, have a look at it and make your own mind up. My memory of it (leaving the fact it is only 9 holes aside), was that it was somewhere not up to much at all, couldn't even get a drink after, let alone a bit of grub and changing at the boot of the car. Playing interclub team comp they had to bring us to a local pub! Granted, that was a few years ago (probably nearly 10 - God I'm getting old :eek: ) now so it may have changed. However, I do not recall the course being overly spectacular. Most times, you walk away from a place thinking one of 2 things, can't wait to play there again or if I never play there again it will be to soon. Over time, you will likely forget the finer details of the course, layout etc, but you will always remember if it was a place worth returning to, and for me, it wasn't

Not sure about 10 years ago Seve, grub and dressing rooms are now on site, yep basic but adequate. just google Ivan Morris he wrote on book on the 9 hole courses in the country there recently a synopsis of which was published in that magazine distributed to clubs, enough of BLGC, i Played Newbridge a few times last year and thought it was really good, some lovely holes and great value at just under 800 euro's though the 10th was completely different from the 1st, very off putting.

There are approx 80 nine holers in the country Eoin, to be named as the top 9 hole parkland is pretty cool. Being perfectly honest i would have thought the same about 9 holers till i came up one day about 5 years ago and was blown away by the condition of the course and its setting.

I had the country membership up there, they use to give u 6 green fees I think, played it once, the rest of the vouchers were put in the bin. Settings? Not too sure what you mean by that, settings are avarage at best, you can see the lake. Now Cruit Island, they are settings that will blow you away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

I had the country membership up there, they use to give u 6 green fees I think, played it once, the rest of the vouchers were put in the bin. Settings? Not too sure what you mean by that, settings are avarage at best, you can see the lake. Now Cruit Island, they are settings that will blow you away

+1 for Cruit Island

Advertisement