Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public liability costs

Options
  • 03-06-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to set up an astronomy group at the moment and I was in contact with Fingal CoCo about using Ardgillan (a nice big public park in North County Dublin) as a venue for getting togethr with our telescopes to view the starts. The council are receptive but say we'd need public liability insurance to a value of 6.5 million to cover us. This sounds made (and an awfully large sum as well) and I was wondering if any of you guys would have an idea of what the ballpark cost would be to us for insurance like this? We're not running this group for profit and it's other main purpose is to allow newcomers to come along and get a chance to use our equipment and see if astronomy is for them. If I had to charge them a lot for this, it'd defeat the purpose! Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement