Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long distance Taxi

• 03-06-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

I have to go to a wedding in Laois soon.
    Need to come back to Dublin on the night of the wedding but I want to drink etc.
    Anybody know of any hackney companies that provide this type of service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Get in contact with an office in Laois, they'll be more likely to want the fare, offices in Dublin could be wary of sending someone out to Laois for the pickup. Taxi/Hackney firms outside Dublin will probably be more likely to offer a discount too, so haggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Money isnt a huge issue (within reason), hotel would cost a few hundred anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I'm not a taxi but let me know how much you're willing to offer and i'll give you a lift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

glaston wrote: »
    I have to go to a wedding in Laois soon.
    Need to come back to Dublin on the night of the wedding but I want to drink etc.
    Anybody know of any hackney companies that provide this type of service?

Give me a shout via PM and if I can help you, I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 slimre

Try Connolly Taxi Service. Ive used them before and they are unbelievable! i went dublin to galway and was only charged 250 instead of the usual 400 euro. And they also travel, pick you up and bring you back to dublin for same price :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

slimre wrote: »
    Try Connolly Taxi Service. Ive used them before and they are unbelievable! i went dublin to galway and was only charged 250 instead of the usual 400 euro. And they also travel, pick you up and bring you back to dublin for same price :)

Either a pisstake or a shill because even at the absolute highest rate it would be about 320 on the meter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

amacachi wrote: »
    Either a pisstake or a shill because even at the absolute highest rate it would be about 320 on the meter.

Dublin-Galway is over 200KM and with a toll booth along the way; it would be a little over €300 so €250 would represent about 20% discount.

It may be moot to mention but google "Connolly Taxi Service" and apart from this thread, there is but one link;

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/43/50684743.html

Me thinks we have a troll in the tent;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

spammers aren't trolls, they're just spammers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I'm not a taxi but let me know how much you're willing to offer and I'll give you a lift
    You are technically not covered to to carry for hire or reward unless you hold a PSV license and the appropriate insurance. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I'm not a taxi but let me know how much you're willing to offer and i'll give you a lift

Giving someone a lift for a fee would make you a taxi albeit an unlicenced and uninsured one. Not the brightest idea ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Lads this thread was started 6 months ago. I'd say he made it back to Dublin by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Might not have, probably still on some corner waiting for the cab company ( the one offering discounts, shhh. you know who! ) to pick him up
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Lads this thread was started 6 months ago. I'd say he made it back to Dublin by now!
    No, he decided to take the train instead and he is still stuck there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

wonder did he make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kajo

If you are not an insured psv driver and you are offering a lift for payment you could end up in a heap of trouble legal and insurance wise.
    Be careful of using any service that is not legal....hire and reward insurance costs more for a good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 slimre

just googled taxi rates, 215 km with 1st 30 km at 1.03 euro and 185km at 1.77 euro thats nearly 350 euro without traffic! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Leave old threads alone please.

Advertisement