Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend per month

Options
  • 03-06-2009 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

On doctors and medicines?

Just worked out 400 - 500 a month of my wages go on medical expenses!

Going to start looking into claiming some of this back. If I didnt have a job i'd be fecked, however the stress of my job is part of the problem - catch 22!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

AFAIK yes you can use a Med1 to claim back a % each year of medical expenses.
    I got back near €1100 for 2007 & 2008 combined.

I'm luckily on DPS for my medication as I've just been changed to lyrica which is €150+ on its own, never mind other drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Im on the DPS too but my prescriptions dont go over 70 quid on any given month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It's 90quid that I pay each month if it goes over the 90 mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

I am on dps and pay €90 a month which is the cut off. I also have a long term illness book but it only covers one of my tablets which is €50.00 and the rest I get on dps. I go to the doctor 1-2 a month €60 a pop and a consultant every 8 weeks which is €150 for maybe a 5 minute visit!!
    So in a month about €150-€210 and every second month €300-€400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The drug payment scheme cut off is now 100 euro a month (since last budget i think). No one should be paying more than 100 a month for prescription meds. The chemist should be able to sort out the paperwork for you.

If the money is going on doctors fees, that isnt covered by the Drug Payment Scheme. But you can claim tax back on that using the Med1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement