Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth Question

Options
  • 03-06-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Is the role of the supernatural basically the same thing as the role of the witches or do you have to go heavier on the symbols side of things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'd talk about the breakdown in order after Macbeth kills Duncan too, but yeah I'd say it'll mostly be les witches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kdak

you could also go on to talk about the guilt of lady macbeth being a sort of supernatural force as well. its best if you focus mainly on one thing i.e. the witches, but add in that its open to interpretation cause its nice if you say something different to every other paper they've corrected so they kinda go 'oh yeah good point'. its not essential obviously but its a bonus cause the marking scheme asks for an original perspective as well as the usual criteria. hth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

You could mention Banquo's ghost too. I so hope the supernatural comes up...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

The thing about Banquo and the dagger is that they are not really supernatural things they just appear because Macbeth is having a bad dose of the crazys. I mentioned really how they both contributed to Macbeth's and Banquos downfall and how they add to the ominous evil foreboding atmosphere in the play. The witches are only in 4 scenes so it was a struggle to get to 3 and a half pages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

You could also bring in Hecate, the prophecies (though that's kind of the witches alright), and whether or not the supernatural element influenced Macbeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Lads can someone throw up something about deception?

Advertisement