Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeet Vest - buying online

Options
  • 03-06-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi

I am in the market for a 'skeet' vest. I am a relative newcomer to the sport and was looking for a mid priced offering. I dont want to be the gut on the peg with all the shiny new gear and little or no talent ;-)

I found a couple on different UK web sites but after taking my order they both came back a couple of hours later to cancel the order as the vests were out of stock.

I tried a couple of US sites but they wont ship outside the 'lower 48'

Can anybody recommend a good site that will ship to Ireland that takes Irish credit cards and has what I am looking for in stock.

Or even better is there an Irish site that does the same

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BIG BANG

Hi
    There are a few shooting vests for sale in Ashbourne Shooting Grounds (Not sure on the sizes) €20 each They are ex Gunmac stock.
    There will be somebody there this evening untill 8.00 pm if you want to call in

Also check out www.cabelas.com they are an American co. I got one from them recently with the conversion for roughly €50 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrhd

Thanks for the reply Big Bang, I am down in Cork, would they do a telephone order do you think.

Hi Big Bang, I came across Cabelas alright and had a half-vest in the cart but they were quoting a $20 minimum delivery charge for a $19 item so I left it and moved on to one of the UK sites. I might go back and take another look at them

The vests in Ashbourne have Gunmac embroided on them not sure if they would do a telephone order . Try the American site I ordered it on a Friday and it arrived on the monday morning the only thing to remember is that American sizes are bigger than european sizes. also try e-bay good selection there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Ebay?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

mrhd wrote: »
    I am down in Cork, would they do a telephone order do you think.

Don't know if you got sorted but incase you didn't. Try www.countrymanofderby.co.uk . Just ordered 2 Beretta DT10 skeet vests, with geltec pad, sizes 2xl and 4xl for €140 including delivery. The same vest here was between €129 and €185 depending on where you went. Probably not the cheapest but ordered them on Thursday evening (19:30) and received them Monday morning. Every other make available.

Great selection plus if you don't see your size or exactly what you want ring them and they will most likely have it in stock just not displayed on wesite. Plus secure online payment by credit card.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I got sorted alright. In the end I got a Deerhunter Champ from http://www.gamefayre.co.uk/

It worked out at €51 all in, it arrived on Monday and I gave it its first run out last night.

They charge £15 postage to Ireland but my sister commutes to U.K. weekly and they allow you to enter a billing address and seperate shipping address to postage was reduced to £4.50 by sending it to her work address. The money saved was 'invested' in extra cartridges for last night ;-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Some price difference between here and there eh. If the stuff was a little easier to ship i'd say the majority of dealers here would be facing empty shops.

A wise "investment". Must "invest" myself in a couple of cases.

At least you got sorted.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement