Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Intructors - Beach Life Guard Course & Refresher Course

Options
  • 03-06-2009 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Beach Life Guard Course

Tuesday 16th June 9.45am – 5pm
    Wednesday 17th June 9.45am – 5pm
    Thursday 18th June 9.45am – 5pm
    Friday 19th June 9.45am – 5pm

Location: Ennistymon Enterprise Centre, Deerpark West, Ennistymon, Co Clare*

*Please note the meeting point each morning will be Lahinch SeaWorld, Lahinch, Co Clare. (Please bring swimming gear on each day)

Tutor: Brendan Mc Grath, Irish Water Safety Association

Cost for the Programme:
    ACIST Member Companies €250
    Non Members €350

Places on this course is limited to 14. Early booking is advised as some places have already been reserved.

Beach Life Guard Refresher Course

Wednesday 17th June 3pm – 6pm

Location: White Strand Beach, Co Clare. (Please bring swimming gear on each day)

Tutor: Brendan Mc Grath, Irish Water Safety Association

Cost for the Programme:
    ACIST Member Companies €60
    Non Members €80

To book a place email stephanie@skillsacist.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Saturnalia

Hi. I would be interested in this course. I would like to know a bit more about it first though. What qualificatin will I have afterwards, what will it enable me to do and is the qualification recognised wordwide?

What level of swimming ability must I have? Is accommodation provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

AFAIK you have to be able to swim 400m in a pool in under 8 mins.

I seriously doubt accommodation is provided...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Saturnalia

At 14 places and 350 quid a pop,for a 4 day course i would expect accommodation. Your talking nearly 5K for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ACIST

You will receive a National Beach Lifeguard Certification which is recognised by the Irish Water Safety Association and Irish Surf Association.

Accomodation is not provided for the duration.

To pass the course assessment you will need to be able to swim 400m in under 9 mins so this is not advised if you are not a strong swimmer.

The cost of the course is pretty much standard Saturnalia. There are a number of expenses to be covered, eg pool hire, training centre hire, insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Under 9 mins?! Letting any ole slow poke in these days! :D;)

Theres a training guide for getting under that magic 9min mark here: http://www.lifeguardsireland.com/beach_faq.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement