Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back up phone

• 03-06-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, my phone got a bit of sand in it the other day, it's now making weird noises when you're on the phone (kinda static noise) so I'm going to pop into the Nokia centre in town tomorrow to get it looked at...

What I'm worried about is losing stuff on my phone when I hand it in, namely my text/multimedia messages and my contacts in my phone book..

Is there a way to back these up to my computer or something? It's a nokia E71 that I have...

Cheers all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Download the Nokia PC suite (free) from the Nokia site.

It will backup pretty much everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As tom said its the best way to go about it, the nokia is probably the most handy once you have the data cable or the bluetooth you can download the program here: Pc suite

It will take a little to backup the whole phone using the software. You can transfer most of the content to the memory card (if you have one) and then all the info will be on it without the backup required.

When doing the backup i would do different content types on their own. Example, when your backing up the text messages, dont save them with your contacts. Then when you need to restore the info to the phone, you can put the contacts back to the phone without having to put the texts back on.

Advertisement