Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I'm praying they don't completely change the poets. Anyone know if Longley, Mahon or Bishop came up?

Ah, jack you've decided to join us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flomp

Poets that came up were Bishop, Keats, Walcott, Longley

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

awhir wrote: »
    hey guys for people like me who have maths and geography on firday and maths and irish on the monday i find the paper on saturday being very unfair , why not move the exam to the 20th this is the fairest to all students.

please sign my petitionon

http://www.petitiononline.com/1234354/petition.html

cheers andy

that deserves its own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Right, I'm not arsed reading through all of these posts, but apparently the same thing happened in geography a couple of years ago (the papers were found in the middle of a road somewhere or something!). According to ze high up grinds teacher, they'll probably only change one poet at most but will change the type of question asked. Same goes for the comparative. As for Macbeth, at least it rules out one question that can come up!

To whoever said that they'd have to use An Post, they can't. They use some government courier service to deliver the papers, hence why they can't get them all out by tomorrow.

Ahhh, more study time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

That fecking number is bloody engaged, i've tried it 5 times.

Its a farce. It was opened at half nine this mornin not a half three this afternoon. How come it took so long?

There was a spokeswoman on the news there, confirmed for 9.30-12.30 on saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hey guys for people like me who have maths and geography on firday and maths and irish on the monday i find the paper on saturday being very unfair , why not move the exam to the 20th this is the fairest to all students.

cheers andy

ah here this desevers its own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Saturday at half nine then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

OK, enough of the crap, the thread is just saying "It's not true...", "if it is canceled, then...","It's official..."

For Christ's sake, just tsay what was on the damn exam: which poets, which modes, and what Macbeth Question?

Please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Idiots made the mistake of putting their emails on it rofl.

http://www.examinations.ie/secmain/P...-June_2009.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Wtf. Forum meltdown impending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

All Students should just NOT enter and nobody go so we will all do the same and be judged solely and fairly on Paper One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

cheers andy

Listen man a petition is pointless. They've picked a date and they're going to stick with it. After all this do you think that they're going to change the date again! LC's this year are just unlucky amd I feel sorry for them but **** happens. Its not like they did it on purpose

This is when we'll see if mods are worth their keep! Hard job...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

What would you be suggesting??;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

cheers andy

I'm honestly not saying this to be a bitch,but change the "then" to "than" in that petition and it'll be more likely to be taken seriously (:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I was the first with the proof, so you can all equally hate me too.
    Bearer of bad news, JC maths and irish tomorrow look like hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

The best thing you can now do is make absolutly sure you know the the two female poets...

This is the most irratating thing to have ever happened ! That original paper was my dream paper, I had it all perpared and learned !!!!!

Luckily for me I am pass maths, it must be a nightmare for honors maths ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

eoin99 wrote: »
    What would you be suggesting??;);)

I'm not suggesting a thing.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

dont sign, its my 18th on the 20th of june!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 OH-MY-CANDLE

why oh why is this happening..

5 poets to be learned in 2 days..

new macbeth essays to be learnt..

HL maths to study
    HL irish to study

and the helpline is constantly engaged :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

so we have to go to school tommorow so ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Kournikova wrote: »
    All Students should just NOT enter and nobody go so we will all do the same and be judged solely and fairly on Paper One.

Or we get on with it and just sit the exam. It's not like you were given a guarentee to be examined solely on Longley, Rich and Walcott.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Kournikova wrote: »

That is a foolish thing to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

well whats goin to come on this new paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flomp

7Steve wrote: »
    OK, enough of the crap, the thread is just saying "It's not true...", "if it is canceled, then...","It's official..."

For Christ's sake, just tsay what was on the damn exam: which poets, which modes, and what Macbeth Question?

Please

Poets; Bishop, Walcott, Keats, Longley
    Macbeth; Deception
    Modes; Cultural Context + GV.V

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I'd be more worried about the mobile phone number inclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 abandinhope

cheers andy

Dude...

You need a grammatical miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

9.30 am to 12.30 AM ?! 15 hours long is it? Plus, it's until 12:50 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

LOUD NOISES AGHHHHHHH

Im glad I did the Leaving last year....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad