Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

blubloblu wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about the mobile phone number inclusion.

You sir are a genious :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 7Steve View Post
    OK, enough of the crap, the thread is just saying "It's not true...", "if it is canceled, then...","It's official..."

For Christ's sake, just tsay what was on the damn exam: which poets, which modes, and what Macbeth Question?

Please
    Poets; Bishop, Walcott, Keats, Longley
    Macbeth; Deception
    Modes; Cultural Context + GV.V
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Kournikova wrote: »
    All Students should just NOT enter and nobody go so we will all do the same and be judged solely and fairly on Paper One.

How about no? The exam is two papers. Some of us are relying on a good paper 2,and frankly if it were to be completely abolished for this year I'd be even more angry than I am now. Which would be difficult.

Does anybody know if there is anywhere we can make an official complaint? I'm going to call the helpline tomorrow when it's less busy and ask them. Complete and utter disgrace. Only in Ireland,huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

I just rang the press secretary there looking for some sneaky tips.
    She was having none of it. Just said it was completely different!
    I'm screwed then so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

<SNIP> Not funny <SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I only know walcott. :(

really pissed off about this. they're mixing maths and english up together like. I have to be in mathsie mood to be doing maths and and englishie one to be doing english. also we only get 1 day break. it's a bit unfair really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

awhir wrote: »
    ah here this desevers its own thread
    I'm afraid it doesn't. The date will not be changed. It's not like an extra exam, use the time tomorrow to study for others.
    All Students should just NOT enter and nobody go so we will all do the same and be judged solely and fairly on Paper One.
    I HIGHLY disagree anyone does this. If you want to not show up and lose marks, go right ahead. Do not encourage others to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I am just lost for words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    does anyone else feel almost hard done by for some reason? :P

Almost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I assume that no one is happy about this?
    am I the only one?
    the way I look at it is that the paper wont really change that much.I was really worried about maths,even though I just need a pass in ordinary:o, and now I have a whole day to study for paper 1.Im delighted to be honest.Sorry for those of you who are angry by this and by the look of it there seems to be a hell of a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainey.

i dont know what to study now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

galway.gaa wrote: »
    well whats goin to come on this new paper?
    <snip>stop being naughty<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

blubloblu wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about the mobile phone number inclusion.
    Free Texts everyone and Web texts!

Fuuuun!

Chances of Keats coming up again? 3/1? 2/1? Please, somebody lie to me, somebody say he's guaranteed to come up. I'll pretend it's true...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

This has messed up my whole study plan. I'd planned to study Maths and Irish all day Saturday, now I can't.

An English teacher in my school is giving an English class tomorrow going over what she thinks will now be coming up. I'm probably going to head into that meaning my study for Maths and Geography is affected. Ugh :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Flomp wrote: »
    Lovely...Saturday...What about the people who have Honours Irish and Maths on the Monday?

thats me. thanks ALOT for sticking a 3 and a half hour exam into the middle of my weekend study for irish. THANKS. I dreamt that things would go wrong, minor things that'd just annoy me. This though, i honestly thought something like this would never happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CrazyirishBoy

This is ****ing bull!!!!!!!!! I'm not even at home saturday mornin! Now the paper is completely unpredictable and i need ****in friday to study Irish and maths not frigin english. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Great for everyone who learned all the ****ing poets./

No the pattern is messed up, what are we supposed to do, the people who always go by the pattern with each exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 snowflakes

It's a louthy story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

we shud get compensation!!

In the words of Drogba, "its a fo*king disgrace"

• Advertisement

Chances of Keats coming up again? 3/1? 2/1? Please, somebody lie to me, somebody say he's guaranteed to come up. I'll pretend it's true...

He'll still come up ;) Obviously I don't know that for sure,but as far as I am concerned he is still a cert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

Right so here we go there is always to sides to every story so what do you think will NOW come up? :o

He'll still come up ;)Obviously I don't know that for sure,but as far as I am concerned he is still a cert :)

Thanks a million, you're a life saver.

Great for everyone who learned all the ****ing poets./

No the pattern is messed up, what are we supposed to do, the people who always go by the pattern with each exam.

Are you on something?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I did only 3 poets and 2 came up on the paper what are the chances Montague will appear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Nothing to worry about lads. Sure it'll all be grand so it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

im in the same boat as you dodgeman. worst case scanario 2 poets are different. motaque longley will switch. lets jus hope for the best jammyman

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

They have to mark us EASIER. I will become "American" if they don't and go to court!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

ring the helpline and ask them.

honestly, nobody knows. this has never happened before, i would just stick to what you had prepared and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I'd say, close your eyes, take a pin, hold it over your poetry book and drop it.
    Other then that, just learn general quotes from Maccy B and you should be grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement