Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

i rate this 10/10 on the funnyness scale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

This is certainly well, unfortunate to say the least.
    My mother is trying to convince me to see the humor in the situation.
    I probably would if I wasn't so busy frantically trying to cram poets who I haven't looked at in about 6 months.... >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Lads I am willing to bet they will just throw up loads of stuff and correct the results to get the same marks as last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Kournikova wrote: »
    6 but I only studied 3.

Like people have studied to the predictions for years and it has worked out and would have this year too if some idiot could read.

Seriously,we did three poets. As long as you have five,you're completely covered,one of them is bound to come up. Study the two that weren't predicted rather than panic studying all of them and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Seriously, stop freaking! The contingency papers are based on the actual one they were gonna use in the first place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

i rate this 10/10 on the funnyness scale!
    Are you doing your LC? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

Blue_Rose wrote: »
    Does anyone know who came up in the macbeth character question? Was it Banquo?
    Banquo and deception, so maybe it wasnt all bad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Seriously,we did three poets. As long as you have five,you're completely covered,one of them is bound to come up. Study the two that weren't predicted rather than panic studying all of them and you'll be fine.

Couldn't agree more.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I know its no laughing matter but given the state of some of the english on this thread, you should be happy for a few more days to improve! :p

Good luck to you all, you will be sitting an alternative test that was set at the same time as the original, most likely its not a million miles from it. Don't sweat it.

DeV.

90% of the people in this thread sound like a whining spoilt four year old child.

Here are some simple facts:

1) It's you're fault if you're not prepared for the paper. I'm in this boat too: I've only done one poet; but, it's your own fault. If you followed what was meant of you, then you would have done four or more poets. Simple.

2) Anybody who just studies a single theme in Macbeth is stupid. So what? Deception is out of the window? Big whoop. There are a multitude of other themes and questions that can come up - and perhaps some will be better? No one knows.

3) Giving out about it in a thread isn't going to change anything. If you're so bloody worried get off your arse and go pick up your poetry book/Macbeth. You've a good few hours now to cram: do it.

For anybody asking to have it put off until a later date/to boycott paper 2/signing petitions etc. etc. etc. It won't make a difference, what they've decided is decided.

They've made the right decision, if you ask me. They had to protect the integrity of the exam: that's their main priority. Because, if the exam doesn't have integrity then, guess what, you're Leaving Cert. doesn't have integrity.

Now, stop crying over spilt milk like spoilt brats and get off ye're arses and do some study. It's pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mongey

strongr wrote: »
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT POETS WHERE ON THE OL PAPER PLEASE THANK YOU
    You must be doing ordinary, am I right? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

vektarman wrote: »
    Geography is not your forte I assume:)

Howso? If you're going by google maps btw, don't. They seem to have the constituency borders rather than county borders.

Also, any sign of the idiots who twittered about this getting punished for trying to help others cheat? If anything was deserving of the punishments that can be handed out then surely it's telling a whole nation what's coming up in an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I studied Montague, now I might try Rich and just hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

This is such a kick in da tits!!
    are we gonna still have the same poets, Macbeth Q's, and Comparitive on saturday morning?? (AT 9:30)

Such stupid idiots!
    The contingency paper is obviously going to be stupid... thats why its the CONTINGENCY paper!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

pitchforks.jpg
    March on Louth!

Are you doing your LC? :)

yes i am so go to the corner there!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

Banquo. what to study now is the next Q :(

Thank you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Sorry to tell you this but... she's dead.
    She can never love you the way you love her.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

any chance the commision could put the paper up so we know what not to study?? i think that would be fair considering the mess they now have so many people in:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

Mongey wrote: »

HAH

• Advertisement

blubloblu wrote: »
    pitchforks.jpg
    March on Louth!

the only person you'll find in louth is steve staunton!...I'm the boss, I'm the gaffer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I did, walsho.

I knew 'twas a joke, and agree in general re: humour needed, but some eejit would just go and think 'twas a brilliant fecking idea.

No randy, not youuu!

I agree that could happen. But that's because it is a brilliant fecking idea. At least from the point of view of someone who did the LC last year and wants a few lolz.

Thanks for responding to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robdrog

How the examiner didn't see it and the students didnt notice it is beyond me although maybe the students didnt want to notice it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

yes i am so go to the corner there!
    In that case, congrats on a strong sense of humour! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Mongey wrote: »

its called typing and not thinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

maybe imagery might come up, my teacher said if its not on this year it would be on the next time macbeths up did deception actually come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

DeVore wrote: »
    I know its no laughing matter but given the state of some of the english on this thread, you should be happy for a few more days to improve! :p

Good luck to you all, you will be sitting an alternative test that was set at the same time as the original, most likely its not a million miles from it. Don't sweat it.

DeV.

Can't blame us,We're not the happiest at the moment!

Anywho thanks for the good luck lets hope the paper's are near the same

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

leesmom wrote: »
    did deception actually come up?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

leesmom wrote: »
    any chance the commision could put the paper up so we know what not to study?? i think that would be fair considering the mess they now have so many people in:rolleyes:

they wont cos they prob wont even change it that much.
    i'd imagine it will be more or less the same but wit diff questions.
    e.g diff question on Bishop

But who knows!!!
    I'm sooooooo sickened!
    Physically sick almost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

im gutted had bishop well prepared i mean i have 3 done but thats my favourite did cultural context come up in the comparitive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement