Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

it shouldnt be left to a student to sigh that envelope it should be a teacher or prinicpal in the school the girl in my room looked half asleep she didnt even look when she was signing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

90% of the people in this thread sound like a whining spoilt four year old child.

Here are some simple facts:

1) It's you're fault if you're not prepared for the paper. I'm in this boat too: I've only done one poet; but, it's your own fault. If you followed what was meant of you, then you would have done four or more poets. Simple.

2) Anybody who just studies a single theme in Macbeth is stupid. So what? Deception is out of the window? Big whoop. There are a multitude of other themes and questions that can come up - and perhaps some will be better? No one knows.

3) Giving out about it in a thread isn't going to change anything. If you're so bloody worried get off your arse and go pick up your poetry book/Macbeth. You've a good few hours now to cram: do it.

For anybody asking to have it put off until a later date/to boycott paper 2/signing petitions etc. etc. etc. It won't make a difference, what they've decided is decided.

They've made the right decision, if you ask me. They had to protect the integrity of the exam: that's their main priority. Because, if the exam doesn't have integrity then, guess what, you're Leaving Cert. doesn't have integrity.

Now, stop crying over spilt milk like spoilt brats and get off ye're arses and do some study. It's pathetic.

I agree with 90% of this. Frankly,we should be able to BS our way through any theme that come up,etc, we all seem to forget that we worked on this crap in class. Just because you mightn't have studied it as much as other material doesn't necessarily mean you can't answer just as well on it. Have faith in your ability,people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 woohooo

I think we should unseem that examiner from the knave to the chops and fix his head upon our battlements.......

Is the other paper gonna be simmiliar or completely different or whats the story???

On the bright side: it will be marked easily and if everyone knew what was coming up on the original paper it would have been marked really hard cos everyone woud have been prepared

But overall, its the ****tiest thing ever and none of us need this! I needed to spend saturday morning learning for Irish and French. Go hel anyone who does geography.

But it'll be all okay...wont it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Toor

Was it released in Hartstown too? as someone earlier posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

leesmom wrote: »
    maybe imagery might come up, my teacher said if its not on this year it would be on the next time macbeths up did deception actually come up?

Please let imagery come up. That'd be great.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What pisses me off more that ANYTHING else is the postponement, that ruins revision for HL Irish, French AND Bio!

**** paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Relax, questions will be different, but the poets will be the same for the most part.

The numbers of As,Bs etc will be roughly the same as previous years, it wont hinder any of ye at all.We all complained on here after last years accounting paper, and the exam was marked very easy, I checked mine, and marks were just thrown around the place.

If this is a disaster on Saturday, it will be for everyone, so you'll be given the marks.As much as ye may hate this moment and the person who handed out the paper, nothing can be done, so study, or sleep, but forget about what happened, and ye'll all be fine on Saturday and when the results come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

K-Bowie wrote: »
    No offence mate but that's bullsh1t, they expect you to study everything not just what you think could come up ... Grow up
    None taken. However, if you spent the whole two years with a shocking teacher who only taught you 2 poets because they were bankers to come up and the rest were not. And you studied them and you found out that they would of come up tomorrow, and now there is a brand new shiny exam on Saturday, how would you feel? Do you expect us to be all sympathetic toward the poor examiners? Do you expect us to be happy becuase we have a day off tomorrow? I can assure you I will not act like a "grown up", this is a complete **** up and I'm pretty pissed off at the moment because of the imcompetence of the examiners.

Poeple take risks in exams and 90% of them would of paid off tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The Walsho wrote: »
    No randy, not youuu!
    I noes, out of character, n'est pas? :o
    I agree that could happen. But that's because it is a brilliant fecking idea. At least from the point of view of someone who did the LC last year and wants a few lolz.
    See? ... right there!
    Thanks for responding to me anyway.
    I iz honest tyrant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

i feel pretty sick too, im going to be keeping cadburys in business tonight(not that i wasnt already!!!!:D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

lol this must be the fastest growing thread in boards history !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

Fad wrote: »
    What pisses me off more that ANYTHING else is the postponement, that ruins revision for HL Irish, French AND Bio!

**** paper 2
    thats what grinds my gears too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Who's for intercepting the contingency paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Not in the leigions of horrid hell could come a devil more damned in evil to top that examiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Ok, just an obseravtion based on some things I have read here. There is no point in blaming people from Louth, especially the students. It is not their fault that the paper was leaked to them - they certainly didn't ask for this to happen. The paper would have been cancelled regardless of whether they spread the word - from the moment the wrong paper was distributed, this exam was technically up for nullification. Regarding the supervisor - more diligent scrutiny of the paper would have been advisable, but when the error occured, he had no choice but to follow protocol. So for doing so, it's both pointless and wrong to hold him culpable.

This is an unfortunate situation, both for people who have only covered a limited number of poets, and people who covered the breadth of the course but need to use the weekend to prepare for other subjects. The only advice that can be given is that the contingency paper will probably cover the same topics, albeit from a slightly different angle.

So lads; hold it down, be smart with revision and don't lose your heads, either to panic or to fire the blame at somebody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

titan18 wrote: »
    Relax, questions will be different, but the poets will be the same for the most part.

The numbers of As,Bs etc will be roughly the same as previous years, it wont hinder any of ye at all.We all complained on here after last years accounting paper, and the exam was marked very easy, I checked mine, and marks were just thrown around the place.

If this is a disaster on Saturday, it will be for everyone, so you'll be given the marks.As much as ye may hate this moment and the person who handed out the paper, nothing can be done, so study, or sleep, but forget about what happened, and ye'll all be fine on Saturday and when the results come out.

Your proof to back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

leesmom wrote: »
    it shouldnt be left to a student to sigh that envelope it should be a teacher or prinicpal in the school the girl in my room looked half asleep she didnt even look when she was signing it

The superviser looks at the envelope and signs it, then two students check its the correct paper and sign it! How did they not notice?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

90% of the people in this thread sound like a whining spoilt four year old child.

Here are some simple facts:

1) It's you're fault if you're not prepared for the paper. I'm in this boat too: I've only done one poet; but, it's your own fault. If you followed what was meant of you, then you would have done four or more poets. Simple.

2) Anybody who just studies a single theme in Macbeth is stupid. So what? Deception is out of the window? Big whoop. There are a multitude of other themes and questions that can come up - and perhaps some will be better? No one knows.

3) Giving out about it in a thread isn't going to change anything. If you're so bloody worried get off your arse and go pick up your poetry book/Macbeth. You've a good few hours now to cram: do it.

For anybody asking to have it put off until a later date/to boycott paper 2/signing petitions etc. etc. etc. It won't make a difference, what they've decided is decided.

They've made the right decision, if you ask me. They had to protect the integrity of the exam: that's their main priority. Because, if the exam doesn't have integrity then, guess what, you're Leaving Cert. doesn't have integrity.

Now, stop crying over spilt milk like spoilt brats and get off ye're arses and do some study. It's pathetic.

Although I agree completely, your argument is somewhat undermined by the fact that you are still online, reading this thread, instead of studying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Fad wrote: »
    Who's for intercepting the contingency paper?

Every DHL van you see tomorrow would certainly be worth a look!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Greek Dude wrote: »
    I guess God is Greek :P
    Why, has he been molesting swans again?! :D

/mythology

>_>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Mr.S wrote: »
    Your best bet is to look over the 4 other poets that didn't come up

I disagree. If you learned 2 then just learn another 2/3. Don't bother you're self with trying to learn those that didn't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

From wiki:
    "County Louth is affectionately called "the Wee County" being the smallest county in Ireland."
    The same can be said of the brains of its leaving cert examiners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

your a contingency paper

That post cracked me up! Out of nowhere, from someone with three posts, and with a grammatical error - brilliant.

I will pay someone to just write that in massive writing on their exam on Saturday. Just those four words. And walk out with your head held high. (like my alliteration at the end there? I reckon The Walsho might be coming up on the backup paper tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

ALincoln wrote: »
    Ok, just an obseravtion based on some things I have read here. There is no point in blaming people from Louth, especially the students. It is not their fault that the paper was leaked to them - they certainly didn't ask for this to happen. The paper would have been cancelled regardless of whether they spread the word - from the moment the wrong paper was distributed, this exam was technically up for nullification. Regarding the supervisor - more diligent scrutiny of the paper would have been advisable, but when the error occured, he had no choice but to follow protocol. So for doing so, it's both pointless and wrong to hold him culpable.

This is an unfortunate situation, both for people who have only covered a limited number of poets, and people who covered the breadth of the course but need to use the weekend to prepare for other subjects. The only advice that can be given is that the contingency paper will probably cover the same topics, albeit from a slightly different angle.

So lads; hold it down, be smart with revision and don't lose your heads, either to panic or to fire the blame at somebody else.

I really don't think anyone's genuinely holding the students accountable. We all need a scapegoat. Might as well be the smallest county.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robdrog

Blue_Rose wrote: »
    The superviser looks at the envelope and signs it, then two students check its the correct paper and sign it! How did they not notice?!

They didnt want to notice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

This is Soooo Stupid!!!!!
    The contingency paper is gonna suck... thats why they didn't pick it the first time!!!

Longley Bishop Keats and Walcott + Banquo and Deception + Cultural Context = Orgasmic

Suuuurellly they cant change the paper THAT much!! can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I agree that the examiner should be fired.Although Im happy about it,I feel that for something this important he should have made the effort.For people doing higher level Irish for example,this completely f...s them over.Maybe he should even be sued!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Antamojo wrote: »
    From wiki:
    "County Louth is affectionately called "the Wee County" being the smallest county in Ireland."
    The same can be said of the brains of its leaving cert examiners.

You do realize that examiners travel to different countys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Frankly I couldn't care less about Comparative Studies or Macbeth. Regardless of the question that comes us on these I should be ok.
    The only topic I am concerned with is Poetry. I studied 3 poets in detail and all 3 of them have come up on the primary paper. Unless one of these comes up on the backup. I am not prepared at this stage to answer a question on another poet. By Saturday I should be able to answer on another however it wont be as good an answer the ones I have done already are.

It would be nice of the examinations commission if they published examples of the differences between the primary and secondary papers.

I am still hoping that Bishop comes up on the exam. Any question on her I can answer well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement