Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

TheManWho wrote: »
    Although I agree completely, your argument is somewhat undermined by the fact that you are still online, reading this thread, instead of studying

too right man..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Fad wrote: »
    What pisses me off more that ANYTHING else is the postponement, that ruins revision for HL Irish, French AND Bio!

**** paper 2

It's only taking a few hours of your time away on a saturday morning.
    If you were going to study till late friday evening, its still possible. Just assign an hour to quickly look over english paper 2 after your other study.

You're talking as if the exam will take up your whole saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

do people have to go in tomorrow the at all in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

A big word saying TWO obviously didn't concern anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

Ok, I basically cried my eyes out over this, but now I'm thinking:

1. Every English teacher in the country is fuming. If the contigency paper is a total b*tch, ie. no Keats or Walcott, there will be uproar. When they were making the back-up paper, they would have put at least 2 of the predicted ones on.

2. Same thing basically, everyone is so p*issed at the Department now that they will mark the papers dead easy. They'll want to cause as little trouble as possible.

Even your one on the news was on about the 'psychological distress' it caused to students. The correctors will be kind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

1) It's you're fault if you're not prepared for the paper.

Do well in paper 1?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Suuuurellly they cant change the paper THAT much!! can they?

They're not changing the paper, they're using one that was prepared at the time of the actual paper.

By the way, shouldn't we stop calling it the contingency paper at this stage? :p

TheManWho wrote: »
    Although I agree completely, your argument is somewhat undermined by the fact that you are still online, reading this thread, instead of studying

Come on, the 4th years are boozing every night they are doing this.I know its what I would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

In that case, congrats on a strong sense of humour! :p

id say you have anything but a long horn! rather short i would think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

titan18 wrote: »
    Relax, questions will be different, but the poets will be the same for the most part.

The numbers of As,Bs etc will be roughly the same as previous years, it wont hinder any of ye at all.We all complained on here after last years accounting paper, and the exam was marked very easy, I checked mine, and marks were just thrown around the place.

If this is a disaster on Saturday, it will be for everyone, so you'll be given the marks.As much as ye may hate this moment and the person who handed out the paper, nothing can be done, so study, or sleep, but forget about what happened, and ye'll all be fine on Saturday and when the results come out.
    damn, that was the most relaxing comment iv heard since this whole debacle, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

News of the leak featured on the boards.ie website as early as 2.45pm. News of the leak was also communicated around the country by text message and e-mail.

YEO BIG UP BOARDS.IE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

More time for people to study engineering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

HEY LADS

Don't panic.
    It could still be based on tomorrow's paper.
    Perhaps they'll only change the questions.
    It would be insane and highly unlikely that they will hand out a completely different paper.
    So everyone brrrreattthhhhh.

Irish is going to suffer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

this is really ridiculous like an absoloute shambles the paper sounds so nice and now it is just going to be ****ed up on saturdau just gutted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Is there even a point of learning anything new? Chances are they're not gonna change every single one of the poets, so at the very least one of them will come up again, if not all. It's been so screwed up I doubt they'll wanna mess with the paper anyway and cause more havoc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

disappointed with todays ongoings, was looking forward to getting english wrapped up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

id say you have anything but a long horn! rather short i would think!
    I wouldn't, dude.

Another time, another place ... but here and now, there's your limit, right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Calum196 wrote: »
    You do realize that examiners travel to different countys.

Jesus!
    I thought they were confined to counties, like animals in a zoo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Lads yer algetting worked up about the poets yes thats a big part but I'd say if cultural context came up today Vision and viewpoint shall be up on saturday! so study some of that, and good luck all...

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

Guys chill, its only an exam.......

:p

• Advertisement

I'd say it would be fairly funny to be a corrector this year, may be some cheeky comments on some exam scripts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

They're not changing the paper, they're using one that was prepared at the time of the actual paper.

By the way, shouldn't we stop calling it the contingency paper at this stage? :p

By change i mean.. wont the new paper be quite similiar to the leaked one?

I doubt the poets will change... maybe Montague instead of longley...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm going for Rich, Bishop, Walcott and Longely.

I'll look over the others, but thats about it.

And i'll look over the other 2 comparatives.

Thats all you can do really.

I've an aching feeling that they're gonna get rid of Keats or Walcott and replace either of them with Montague.
    Guess we'll find out if my hunch is right on Saturday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

They could have at least postponed it to a time when most of the more important exams have been completed instead of just sticking it in the nearest spot possible. It makes no difference to me but I feel bombarded enough with revision as it is without having to process revision for 3 subjects tomorrow. I'm sure that there are tons of people who feel the same but however, life goes on :)

By change i mean.. wont the new paper be quite similiar to the leaked one?

I doubt the poets will change... maybe Montague instead of longley...:confused:

The new paper should be similar. Possibly 1 or 2 different poets. If you have 3/4 learned then you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I've learned Walcott, Bishop and Longley. The only other two poets we've studied have been Rich and Larkin.

I hate Larkin.

Should I study Rich to be safe, and should I maybe study another poet like Montague on my own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

The STUDENTS should be banned.
    I was one of the students in the hall and it's probable you would have done the exact same in my situation. Blame should be apportioned to those students who saw fit to tell anyone and everyone, irrespective of the national exposure it would generate, thus spoiling it for everyone. Us Droghedonians got lucky but how you can blame us is completely beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

I've an aching feeling that they're gonna get rid of Keats or Walcott and replace either of them with Montague.
    Guess we'll find out if my hunch is right on Saturday:rolleyes:

they wont put on Montague AND Longley They are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

see i was hoping for mahon and for theme/issue in the comparitive, so maybe they'll come up now. Gonna learn another poet tomorrow, had 4 done sort of well so will learn them better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

phasers wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, this is crazy!

Has the idiot who gave them out been sacked? And banned from state exams for 5 years?

That paper was amazing, I hate that examiner so much...

What's happening!!?
    I'm so worried that they'll throw in some random stuff now that we won't be prepared for!

EDIT: Does this mean they'll mark our paper 2's more leniently?

That examiner will never be allowed supervise the state exams ever again, I know one or two teachers who have been permanently banned for a lot less.

Marks will probably be in line with previous years, there will be a marking scheme, same as usual. There probably be any noticeable difference in grades overall.
    paddy 1916 wrote: »
    pass and honours where opened

Both papers would have to be postponed otherwise students would not be able to change levels on the day

that woman most be severly retarded. my seven year old brother wouldnt have made that mistake. she should not be allowed teach and not allowed supervise another exam. she should be forced to take a very early retirement. shame on her.

Teaching and supervising are two separate jobs. Be fair. She won't be allowed near a state exam again that's for sure though.

awhir wrote: »
    hey guys for people like me who have maths and geography on firday and maths and irish on the monday i find the paper on saturday being very unfair , why not move the exam to the 20th this is the fairest to all students.

Almost every student does english, so it's fair, if it was moved out to the 20th it would prove a nightmare for corrections. Correctors get both Paper 1 and 2 for each student so correcting paper 1 would have to be delayed by almost 3 weeks. They wouldn't be corrected in time to issue results on time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement