Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

I dont suppose Maths, Irish or Geography will also be marked jus a tad bit easier? Or does they have no say in other papers marking schemes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Mr.S wrote: »
    No one knows tbh, it could be 4 new poets, they could keep the 4 poets and just change the questions, or mix them up again :(

Im banking on Rich or Bishop coming up, since theres always a female poet.

Generally the contingency papers are totally based on the original - same poets, one changed if any of them, just different questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

We didn't even cover Rich in class because our teacher said Bishop was almost damn certain to come up.

Thanks retards in Louth. I hope you rot in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

Sweet wrote: »
    I was one of the students in the hall and it's probable you would have done the exact same in my situation. Blame should be apportioned to those students who saw fit to tell anyone and everyone, irrespective of the national exposure it would generate, thus spoiling it for everyone. Us Droghedonians got lucky but how you can blame us is completely beyond me.

you 'Droghedonians' can be blamed for not having the intelligence to check the paper before signing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Piste wrote: »
    I've learned Walcott, Bishop and Longley. The only other two poets we've studied have been Rich and Larkin.

I hate Larkin.

Should I study Rich to be safe, and should I maybe study another poet like Montague on my own?

I say go for Rich. That's what I'm doing anyway. Rich,Bishop,Keats on my own maybe,maybe not. Actually, f*** it. I'm looking over the poets I have covered.

So,yeah,I'd say have a look over Rich :D But to be honest,I can't envisage a paper without at least one of Walcott,Bishop and Longley. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

This has definatly screwed my Geography revision.

TheManWho wrote: »
    Although I agree completely, your argument is somewhat undermined by the fact that you are still online, reading this thread, instead of studying

I'm gone past the point of caring, though.
    amacachi wrote: »
    Do well in paper 1?

Your.

Excuse me. I rushed the comment to get it out quickly, I wasn't paying too much attention to my grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've learned Walcott, Bishop and Longley. The only other two poets we've studied have been Rich and Larkin.

I hate Larkin.

Should I study Rich to be safe, and should I maybe study another poet like Montague on my own?

If you study Rich and know the other 3, you should be safe.Tbh, I don't think its worth trying to cram a poet in 2 days, if you know some of Larkin generally and a few quotes from him, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I hate Larkin.

Lots of people saying there's no way they'd dare not put up a female poet after this mess.

I wish I'd done Rich :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

higher maths paper two is gonna suffer now for me :(
    and i have to cram paper one and geography tomorrow.
    now this on top of it all :(

i'm praying to all my gods that longley and cc still come up though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Seriously?

Whats the big fuss then :confused:

HOW CAN HE PROVE THAT

when was the last time a constigency paper came up no one knows whats on it all i know is i was sorted for tomorrow with what came up and now its gonna be a disaster

Seriously?

Whats the big fuss then :confused:

My point exactly :)
    No point in learning anything new at this stage, just revise what you know! It'll only create even more un-necessary stress at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

adamshred wrote: »
    They could have at least postponed it to a time when most of the more important exams have been completed instead of just sticking it in the nearest spot possible.
    - Having it hanging over people for ages ....

- People due to go away immediately after exams...
    Correctors get both Paper 1 and 2 for each student
    Really? Since when? Not the way it used to be, certainly ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

i dont understand why they cant have the exam tomorrow evening?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I dont suppose Maths, Irish or Geography will also be marked jus a tad bit easier? Or does they have no say in other papers marking schemes?

Nothing will change in those I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

this does not make me a happy aisling

that was a perfect paper.

fcuking retards in louth!

grrrrr

HOW CAN HE PROVE THAT

when was the last time a constigency paper came up no one knows whats on it all i know is i was sorted for tomorrow with what came up and now its gonna be a disaster

A few years ago for geography. My grinds teacher has worked on previous English contingency papers too, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A-C-C#-D

Antamojo wrote: »
    Jesus!
    I thought they were confined to counties, like animals in a zoo. ;)

Wow could that be a reference to paper 1, it seems like it might be! Don't you know that being confined to one county is nothing like a superintendants natural habitat. They can walk upto 50 fifty miles and between counties each day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The essay I wrote on Rich was very....critical. As in "lolfail" critical. I hope we're not expected to write something about liking her.

grrrrr
    same, would have been perfect, i need english for points!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

fuNk90 wrote: »
    i dont understand why they cant have the exam tomorrow evening?!

Logistical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

A few years ago for geography. My grinds teacher has worked on previous English contingency papers too, actually.

were did she get a hold of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

Lots of people saying there's no way they'd dare not put up a female poet after this mess.

I wish I'd done Rich :(

Rich is HIGHLY unlikely cos she was on last yr and is on the course next year! Relax:)

I hate Larkin.

grrrrr

Whatever.

The essay I wrote on Rich was very....critical. As in "lolfail" critical. I hope we're not expected to write something about liking her.

Don't suppose you've a copy of that on your computer? I've always wanted to read a good critical essay!

Stress.
    stress of what? its a stupid thing having it on sat, only doing that to suit the teachers fucking typical ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Excuse me. I rushed the comment to get it out quickly, I wasn't paying too much attention to my grammar.

Don't worry. You will be publishing articles for rte.ie in no time!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Toad-Girl

Was talking to my aunt there, an english teacher she reckons same poets different questions, and they'll prob change comparative cos everyone had cultural context guessed... Also said all the distress should lead to easier marking scheme....but I'm still mad!!:mad::mad::mad:
    Why not just keep quiet...It was the perfect paper like....

Any idea about the comparative?

Again, most likely the same modes, just different questions. They might change a mode but sure once you've theme and cultural context covered you'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Every answer I have ever done on her is negative. Even in class. If we're asked about the appeal of her poetry...*headdesk*

Nah,I'd say the questions will be really straightforward and ambiguous. Hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement