Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Piste wrote: »
    The essay I wrote on Rich was very....critical. As in "lolfail" critical. I hope we're not expected to write something about liking her.

What's not to like. I mean "Power" is just so easy to write about what with the parts that make little sense and have a tenuous connection at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

fuNk90 wrote: »
    stress of what? its a stupid thing having it on sat, only doing that to suit the teachers fucking typical ireland
    Why does it suit the teachers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The essay I wrote on Rich was very....critical. As in "lolfail" critical. I hope we're not expected to write something about liking her.

You never have to write about liking a poet, you can argue that you dislike her and as long as you back up your points, you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

same...my essay is just me complaining that shes a moany sexist bitch,who has a chip on her shoulder against all men!
    same, would have been perfect, i need english for points!!

same...

hope it aint too bad now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

i dont understand why they cant have the exam tomorrow evening?!

I imagine there are a few people who do Engineering AND English. Dont think the paper could be on at around 6 in the evening, if thats what you were insinuating:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

4332_98759550961_98757835961_2736173_2536688_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Lot of crap being said here about the students and how they're innocent parties in all this. The two who signed the envelope are not innocent, and the ones who went online are not innocent. Any using their real names on Twitter or anywhere else it's easy to work out who they are should be identified and punished to the fullest extent possible. They attempted to cheat and attempted to help others cheat. It may not have worked but that's still an offence that can be grounds for cancellation of their whole exams. Even leaving out the effect it's had there's no way they should all get off freely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

Mr.S wrote: »
    How in gods name is having it on Saturday, suiting "teachers"?

They have to come in to on their day off aswell...
    so what? i have work as im sure alot of other people do aswell now i have to get up at 8 go to an exam finish the exam and go to work? come home and study? that fair? teachers going to get paid for it students arent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

facepalm.jpg
    jesus_facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sorry I'm only coming in really late on this topic but didn't want to have to read 53 or so pages.

So did the paper actually get handed out or is it just a rumour? Absolutely crazy if it did. Doesn't seem right to me.

My sister is doing her L.C at the moment and she said that the comparative question is just what she wanted but is fearing it could be changed.

Huge fcuk up on the examiners part there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

I want Cultural Context!
    I need Cultural Context!
    I Love Cultural Context!

Cultural Context!
    Cultural Context!
    Cultural Context!
    Cultural Context!
    Cultural Context!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

And whoever said that crap about the papers being kept in the post office..there all kept in the school safe every single paper..stupid mistake seen as its clearly on everymarked envelope which paper it is..glad i di the leavin last year:D

same...my essay is just me complaining that shes a moany sexist bitch,who has a chip on her shoulder against all men!

same...

hope it aint too bad now
    hope its still cultural context and walcott comes up, really do

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Maybe they make the contigincy papers easier they know if they have to be used its going to cause stress so it might be prepared easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭craxsham

That_Guy wrote: »
    Sorry I'm only coming in really late on this topic but didn't want to have to read 53 or so pages.

So did the paper actually get handed out or is it just a rumour? Absolutely crazy if it did. Doesn't seem right to me.

My sister is doing her L.C at the moment and she said that the comparative question is just what she wanted but is fearing it could be changed.

Everything you said is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

I found this thread for anybody who's interested in the 'History' of Exam Leakage within the Department....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054918657&page=1

Best we consider ourselves a lucky year - looks like we're going down in History! :D

are they making a whole new paper or just changing the wording of the questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

That_Guy wrote: »

it got handed out instead of paper1 this morning..have a gf work who was sittin in the exam centre and she told me at 1 about it all..only finished work there meself to find out there cancelled..that sucks!

• Advertisement

1 of the comparative Q's that was on the paper will still come up on the backup so it could be cultural context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Shoot-a

Obviously everyone has heard the news by now but it is absolutely appalling.
    The SEC try to help us this year but instead cause panic,anger and confusion.
    Can they really get away with shifting the date to the middle of our exams?
    I'm sure many people have plans to study other things this weekend.

There are thousands of students in Ireland and we should have a say if the system is going to mess up.

Email the SEC.

Sign this petition :
    http://www.petitiononline.com/1234354/petition-sign.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭craxsham

Mr.S wrote: »
    **** off, i have holidays booked!
    <SNIP>please no abuse<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Retard, moron and what other name can be used to describe the superindent involved.

Only studied three poets, and the three came up in this paper 2. Guess what, F*CK YOU prescribed poetry, if Keats, Longley or Bishop doesn't come up on Saturday 12% down the drain.:cool:

Anyone planning on getting totally fluttered on Saturday? *raises hand*

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

craxsham wrote: »
    I weep, weep for our future.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

a bit odd but,this has to be THE fastest growing thread in boards history ~28,000 views in 2 hours or so

and roughly 5+posts per minute

I went,got a sandwich and BOOM! 30 more pages

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

are they making a whole new paper or just changing the wording of the questions?

Both papers are set at the same time, November afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

1 of the comparative Q's that was on the paper will still come up on the backup so it could be cultural context.

I hope so.....its so much easier than vis + view

• Advertisement

hedgey23 wrote: »
    how wrong do ye all feel...it is cancelled and for the fella wit the bill**** thing im delighted ur wrong:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Well that's good news at last. A paper is canceled causing a lot of stress to some people but at least you were right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement