Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

1 of the comparative Q's that was on the paper will still come up on the backup so it could be cultural context.
    doubt there gona put cultural context up again as everyone guessed it was that in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

A-C-C#-D wrote: »
    Wow could that be a reference to paper 1, it seems like it might be! Don't you know that being confined to one county is nothing like a superintendants natural habitat. They can walk upto 50 fifty miles and between counties each day!

Yay, an intelligent person.
    I find that their confinement in a single county is in fact, beneficial to their welfare. If that examiner was to leave Co. Louth, I'm sure he/she would not survive in the wild in counties such as Dublin or Cork. Those damn leaving cert students are vicious predators, preying on weak, defenseless examiners.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Anything for a bit of a rant, eh?!!

To those saying "OMG, that was a perfect paper, shut up! No paper is ever going to be perfect! Mistakes happen, now you get an extra day to study for it so be happy and stop looking for excuses to whine! Teenagers! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYf-1pj8Oo
    some dude youtubed it ...lol ....he is prob gonna be famours ...

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

So would covering Bishop, Walcott and Montague be enough? I'm not too worried about Macbeth to be honest and general vision and viewpoint as opposed to cultural context is quite similar only you don't mention cultural context, culture or countries?! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

wardides wrote: »
    And whoever said that crap about the papers being kept in the post office..there all kept in the school safe every single paper..stupid mistake seen as its clearly on everymarked envelope which paper it is..glad i di the leavin last year:D
    they are not kept in the school safe i was behind the superintendants bringing the envelopes in this morning

Novella wrote: »
    Anything for a bit of a rant, eh?!!

To those saying "OMG, that was a perfect paper, shut up! No paper is ever going to be perfect! Mistakes happen, now you get an extra day to study for it so be happy and stop looking for excuses to whine! Teenagers! :P
    lol it was the perfect paper for those who studied the things that came up on it iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Anyone have any contacts at the International School in Tripoli, Libya? I bet they have a few copies of the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

amacachi wrote: »
    Lot of crap being said here about the students and how they're innocent parties in all this. The two who signed the envelope are not innocent, and the ones who went online are not innocent. Any using their real names on Twitter or anywhere else it's easy to work out who they are should be identified and punished to the fullest extent possible. They attempted to cheat and attempted to help others cheat. It may not have worked but that's still an offence that can be grounds for cancellation of their whole exams. Even leaving out the effect it's had there's no way they should all get off freely.

Dont be ridiculous. Students sign the envelope in a cursory fashion - they're not deeply contemplating what's inside it - they're thinking about the paper that lies ahead. To accuse them of cheating is childish and desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭nowimtalking

It's a rumor i would say fairly surely!
    The papers are not given to the Superintendent until a half an hour before the exams and there after they must be signed by two students. The school examination communications officer must supervise the scripts being taken in, sealed. I am sure that the whole community are not stupid and that someone would have noticed if the nearly impossible occurance happened!

If you have your work done then you don't need to know what is on the exam it would be a dishonest grade with unfair advantage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

What's with that Judas thing on the picture of Louth? Are you trying to imply that the students who told what was on the paper are Judas? If you found out after that one of your mates knew what was on the paper, and didn't tell you, would you not consider him a bit of a Judas?

Shít happens lads. Okay, fair enough if you want to start a petition to get the date changed. But the anti-Louth facebook thing is absolutely ludicrous. What do you hope to achieve by it? You've better things to be doing with your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

a bit odd but,this has to be THE fastest growing thread in boards history ~28,000 views in 2 hours or so

and roughly 5+posts per minute

I went,got a sandwich and BOOM! 30 more pages

Clearly you've never posted in After Hours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The papers are not given to the Superintendent until a half an hour before the exams and there after they must be signed by two students. The school examination communications officer must supervise the scripts being taken in, sealed. I am sure that the whole community are not stupid and that someone would have noticed if the nearly impossible occurance happened!
    *cough*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

this is a load of crap.i couldnt be bothered to study a whole load of new material so i'm juststicking witht the stuff that i have already revised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

~Candy~ wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYf-1pj8Oo
    some dude youtubed it ...lol ....he is prob gonna be famours ...

might that by any chance have been you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ClubOrangeKid

the exams were leaked dont no how though..suposedly a whole class was given them then they were taken back up but too many people saw too much and leaked it on twitter so a back up exam will be sat on saturday??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

If you have your work done then you don't need to know what is on the exam it would be a dishonest grade with unfair advantage!

You're joking,Right?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

wonder if the lads in Libya will get the new paper by saturday? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaving_Certificate#International_usage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The Walsho wrote: »
    What's with that Judas thing on the picture of Louth? Are you trying to imply that the students who told what was on the paper are Judas? If you found out after that one of your mates knew what was on the paper, and didn't tell you, would you not consider him a bit of a Judas?

Shít happens lads. Okay, fair enough if you want to start a petition to get the date changed. But the anti-Louth facebook thing is absolutely ludicrous. What do you hope to achieve by it? You've better things to be doing with your time.

It was a piss take at Louth, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Shoot-a

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Welcome to the internet. Its idiotic you know!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

To all the people complaining about having it moved to the middle of your exams:

Do not worry.
    You've been learning this stuff for 2 years.
    You probably finished the course months ago in some subjects.
    You've done loads of past questions, practice essays and homework.

A few missing hours this weekend is going to make very little difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Bollox all this rumour talk..i have 3 texts on my fone at 12.39 tellin me that they were handed out paper 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

Actual lol at everyone up in a frenzy!! I'm staying with what i was doing before and I know I'll be fine!!! still sickner for the people who had deception done, lots of people I know knew that well!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Olterior

We wrote: »
    wonder if the lads in Libya will get the new paper by saturday? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaving_Certificate#International_usage

Haha xD poor folks :D

I am so pissed of at this , fair nuf extra day or so to revise paper 2, but like I saw the paper 2 that leaked !!! IT WAS BRILLIANT PAPER !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Frank3142 wrote: »
    might that by any chance have been you

haha, :p funny...

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

ALincoln wrote: »
    Dont be ridiculous. Students sign the envelope in a cursory fashion - they're not deeply contemplating what's inside it - they're thinking about the paper that lies ahead. To accuse them of cheating is childish and desperate.

If I were to look at an examination paper,note its contents,turn around in my seat and inform an acquaintance of said contents,that would be cheating. I think,therefore,it is both reasonable and logical to call this behaviour cheating. It's on a much larger scale,also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Antamojo wrote: »
    Yay, an intelligent person.
    I find that their confinement in a single county is in fact, beneficial to their welfare. If that examiner was to leave Co. Louth, I'm sure he/she would not survive in the wild in counties such as Dublin or Cork. Those damn leaving cert students are vicious predators, preying on weak, defenseless examiners.
    With the large amount of new predators that have emerged from their bedroom nests, I'd say the rare primary consumer would have difficulty camouflaging himself in the current hot and bothered climate. He sure is a gem on their nibble niche.

So what are we calling this event? Louthgate?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Walsho wrote: »

Agree with everything here.

This whole anti-Louth thing is a bit ludicrous. Who's to even say the examiner is even from Louth?

It was a human error. Granted it was a very stupid human error to make but go about your studies. Biggest exams of your lives.

Fair enough we're all shocked as to what happened but it has happened. There's still other exams bar English to think about.

• Advertisement

ah **** it all. 4 hours of revision for nothin fml

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement