Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A-C-C#-D

Antamojo wrote: »
    Yay, an intelligent person.
    I find that their confinement in a single county is in fact, beneficial to their welfare. If that examiner was to leave Co. Louth, I'm sure he/she would not survive in the wild in counties such as Dublin or Cork. Those damn leaving cert students are vicious predators, preying on weak, defenseless examiners.

I hope to capture the decisive moment, once the superintendant who was responsible discovers the bag of flaming dog **** on their door step. I wont take the picture while they are stamping out the flame but rather the moment just afterwards when they raise their head and the look of disgust on their face will make the picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    With the large amount of new predators that have emerged from their bedroom nests, I'd say the rare primary consumer would have difficulty camouflaging himself in the current hot and bothered climate. He sure is a gem on their nibble niche.

So what are we calling this event? Louthgate?

Lol. Why couldn't people have just shut up about it. Stupid louthmouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

fuNk90 wrote: »
    ah **** it all. 4 hours of revision for nothin fml

Not for nothing, all revision is good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

A-C-C#-D wrote: »
    I hope to capture the decisive moment

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Mr.S wrote: »
    Hopfully i'll wake up to "Leaving cert paper 2 cancelled, all students given A1"

I have my douts though :pac:
    Indeed! :pac:
    Stupid louthmouths.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

I hope to capture the decisive moment, once the superintendant who was responsible discovers the bag of flaming dog **** on their door step. I wont take the picture while they are stamping out the flame but rather the moment just afterwards when they raise their head and the look of disgust on their face will make the picture!

That made me lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

and that is the DECISIVE MOMENT we had today eh!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

If I were to look at an examination paper,note its contents,turn around in my seat and inform an acquaintance of said contents,that would be cheating. I think,therefore,it is both reasonable and logical to call this behaviour cheating. It's on a much larger scale,also.

That's not what I was talking about - I was pointing out that the two students who signed the envelope in question should not be targeted by those who see fit to cast blame around rather than trying to adapt to the new schedule. But why let the facts get in the way of a good argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Lol. Why couldn't people have just shut up about it. Stupid louthmouths.

Now that is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

blubloblu wrote: »
    Anyone have any contacts at the International School in Tripoli, Libya? I bet they have a few copies of the paper.

:D:D:D:pac::pac::pac:

The Labour Party are calling this an 'educational debacle'. Have we not got enough problems in this country without turning this into a political issue??? It sucks for some, it's great for others. Get over it and move on. If the only poet you studied came up and does not come up Satuday, well then it's your fault for studying the one poet!
    S**t happens people.

Pity it wasn't Paper 1 leaked. Would've been some funny essays about decision making I'm sure. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I say we give Louth to the North, along with the other s-hitty counties.
    :)

*Waits for flaiming*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

If I were to look at an examination paper,note its contents,turn around in my seat and inform an acquaintance of said contents,that would be cheating. I think,therefore,it is both reasonable and logical to call this behaviour cheating. It's on a much larger scale,also.

I'd say by now the vast majority of LC students have found out what was on the paper. Should the SEC ban all of us from taking state exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cloak

If you think about it logicly,,,

Whenever they are making out the two papers at the beginning of the year, they arent gonna make them impossibly different, because they understand the whole rigmarole of predictions, and that the majority of schools base their sylabus on predictions!!! ya dig???

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

ALincoln wrote: »
    Dont be ridiculous. Students sign the envelope in a cursory fashion - they're not deeply contemplating what's inside it - they're thinking about the paper that lies ahead. To accuse them of cheating is childish and desperate.

I had to sign the envelope today and you know what I did? I looked to see that it wasnt opened, I looked at the label to see it was paper 1 and I signed it!! Its not ***ing rocket science!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

*Waits for flaiming*

If by North you mean North Korea then yes.

(only messing with you Louth people. I'd never wish that on anyone, even North Korea.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

ALincoln wrote: »
    That's not what I was talking about - I was pointing out that the two students who signed the envelope in question should not be targeted by those who see fit to cast blame around rather than trying to adapt to the new schedule. But why let the facts get in the way of a good argument?

"Facts" are objective. Signatures are legally binding and incredibly powerful. If I were asked to sign,I would ensure I was aware of all the ramifications of this. I would know the reasons why I signed the parcel,and check to make sure everything was in order. The rules/guidelines are there for a reason and should be respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

*Waits for flaiming*

Hmmmm. I wouldn't use that type of spelling in your English paper 2. :)

As for the whole hating Louth thing...... Get over it. You would have done the exact same thing.

It's not like the examiner would take the papers back and say "Ok now girls and boys.... Now you won't tell anyone about this will you?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

If by North you mean North Korea then yes.

(only messing with you Louth people. I'd never wish that on anyone, even North Korea.)

Well.... maybe North Korea.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

<SNIP no bebo thanks <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

what in gods name is the helpline for?? For people who can't understand the news or don't have mobile phones??? ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

damn you examiner!!:pac:

I just read an article written by the Irish health association or whatever,they were saying they advise people to be their usual responsible self regarding alcohol:rolleyes:

2 thing I think is wrong with that:

1)usual responsile self:p

2)is everyone doing the leaving cert going out and getting locked tonight or something?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

cloak wrote: »
    If you think about it logicly,,,

Whenever they are making out the two papers at the beginning of the year, they arent gonna make them impossibly different, because they understand the whole rigmarole of predictions, and that the majority of schools base their sylabus on predictions!!! ya dig???

Yep, as well as the fact that the most likely circumstance in which the contingency paper would have to be used is when the content of the original leaked out! There has to be some allowance for the fact that people have prepared for the original

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i wonder if the school in libya that does the leaving will do english 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

- Having it hanging over people for ages ....

- People due to go away immediately after exams...

Really? Since when? Not the way it used to be, certainly ...

I think English and Irish are the only two marked like that. All the other double papers are separated

Bebolink

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Yep, as well as the fact that the most likely circumstance in which the contingency paper would have to be used is when the content of the original leaked out! There has to be some allowance for the fact that people have prepared for the original

thats exactly the point i was trying to tell my friends, it's hard to phrase it! agreed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'd say by now the vast majority of LC students have found out what was on the paper. Should the SEC ban all of us from taking state exams?

Yes,but we're not sitting that paper. That is,I believe,the point of this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement