Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

deemark wrote: »
    There's no point in whinging - use the time tomorrow and get off the internet now!

considering that you are not a student, i don't expect you to understand the extra stress this is causing.
    let me have my rant please, i actually need to do well in HL maths and this has screwed me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

Can someone please tel me what exactly came up on the leaked paper? People are saying different things and im already stressed enough without this too...also lets look on the bright side. An extra day an a half to study for most people, and im sure this mess will be taken into consideration for the marking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

15g2xds.jpg

Had this happened last year when I was doing my Leaving Cert, I would be outside Batt O' Keefes house with a detonator about to overthrow the entire education system. Disgrace.

Heads up folks, don't let it throw you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

The contingency paper was written ages ago though! They can't just change it now right? If both the mock papers had those exact poets and they didn't change them on the real paper, then I don't think that's going to make them change the new one. Only the questions we'll be asked on them are different

Eg Instead of write a personal response to Keat's poetry

We'll get Keats uses vivid imagery and emotive language. Discuss.

***This is only my opinion. I'm not 100% sure of this.****

I'm 99% sure that that's what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

I think the fact that people now know what they could have been asked is killing them, I for one would have been quiet prepared for the poets, Macbeth etc. Don't think it has much if any relevance but the paper we were to get is the same as Examcraft mock paper this year.....same poets, question on deception and a cultural context one....best of luck on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

Waaahhh wrote: »
    If it had been in Leitrim, it would've been 100 times funnier...:pac:..

TBH i would have really expect cavan to do this sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

Hmm tensions are high, somehow i predict a flame war breaking out here soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

My colleagues have to come in on Saturday. Teachers are raging too!
    At the risk of sounding childish here; screw them they're getting paid. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

He/She WON'T be allowed supervise an exam ever again, of that I am pretty much convinced!! And the thing about mistakes that makes them mistakes is that they are mostly stupid, basic, and avoidable!!

They probably will. The system goes 1. Oral warning 2. Written warning 3. Dismissal.
    They'll probably only get an oral warning...

...which expires after 6 months.

Our civil service is remarkably effective, n'est pas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

So, from the points I made, trying to inject a bit of reality, experience and reassurance into the debate, the only thing you took on board was that teachers get 3 months holidays?:rolleyes:

No I just find it funny that teachers have found something to moan about.
    The rest of your post was valid and realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

ALincoln wrote: »
    Sorry if my posts seemed harsh! I do study law, it's a very enjoyable course, well worth it...don't lose heart because of some mistakes, use the half day wisely...you'll stroll into it! (And if not, bear in mind that there are many,many back doors into practising law!)

Nobody ever properly argues with me,they usually ignore my point,so it was a welcome and interesting change. I was kind of relying on an A1 in English and paper one was a pretty horrific disaster,so I doubt I'll get in,but as I'm only sixteen,repeating is a realistic option. I've completely exhausted my supplies of panic and stress at this stage,so I'm not too bothered right now.

I know it's moaning,but I just wish I could get the exam done and over with. I had been looking forward to having a whole subject finished by tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

considering that you are not a student, i don't expect you to understand the extra stress this is causing.
    let me have my rant please, i actually need to do well in HL maths and this has screwed me up.

How? If you've studied for English paper 2 and studied well for it then you can use the time tomorrow to study more Maths. You would have been in an exam tomorrow morning anyway and wouldn't have been able to study. Why complain when you've now got time to study for Maths when there wouldn't have been time there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

TBH i would have really expect cavan to do this sort of thing

yeah you're right, cavan would have been funnier. still louth though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

I feel really sorry for LC students... there's a morning of cramming at the weekend gone to pot.

Also, the first few pages of this thread are hilarious with everyone claiming that a leak could definitely not have happened. Awesome.

Does anyone know whereabouts in Louth the leak happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

PrivateEye wrote: »
    15g2xds.jpg

Had this happened last year when I was doing my Leaving Cert, I would be outside Batt O' Keefes house with a detonator about to overthrow the entire education system. Disgrace.

Heads up folks, don't let it throw you off.

It's such a relief to finally see someone is approaching this in such a rational and considered manner....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

would doing walcott longley and mahon be enough for poets? or should i do bishop just to have a woman covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Can we calm down on the attacking each other please? I know everyone's worried, confused and tense, but don't take it out on one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

He/She WON'T be allowed supervise an exam ever again, of that I am pretty much convinced!! And the thing about mistakes that makes them mistakes is that they are mostly stupid, basic, and avoidable!!

If it was a mistake that couldn't have been avoided I don't think people would be up in arms or angry, but the matter of fact is it's the only thing the superindents have to do right, distribute the correct exam and he couldn't even do that right. Glad to hear he won't be supervising another exam again though. One bit of good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

yeah you're right, cavan would have been funnier. still louth though :pac:

I've a feeling if it happened in Cork, everyone there would know, but noone else....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

I'm sure we will gain more insight in the coming days than the rushed statement issued today. This has hardly ever happened before so it would be inherently cruel to leave us in the dark until saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

what in gods name is the helpline for?? For people who can't understand the news or don't have mobile phones??? ridiculous

so I can call them and wind them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 a x e 15

this is where im hoping only studying the two women is gonna pay off

lol ... thats what i plan on doing all day 2 moro

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

its on adrian kennedy now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Yes, I was born a teacher, fully-formed...under a rock.

YOU are in control of how well you do in your exams. Rants are fine, sitting on the pc all night venting is counter-productive.

All of you, GO TO BED!

FockRoysh wrote: »
    I feel really sorry for LC students... there's a morning of cramming at the weekend gone to pot.

Also, the first few pages of this thread are hilarious with everyone claiming that a leak could definitely not have happened. Awesome.

Does anyone know whereabouts in Louth the leak happened?

There's still Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

They won't switch all 4.

Taking the original 4 as

Longley, Bishop, Keats and Walcott

I think 2 of Longley, Bishop and Keats will stay... Walcott gone.

thomasjad wrote: »
    its on adrian kennedy now

Great...... More well educated goons giving their two cents about it.

"It's a bleedin' disgrace Adrian. I tink we shud all bait Louth of it"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

errlloyd wrote: »
    They won't switch all 4.

Taking the original 4 as

Longley, Bishop, Keats and Walcott

I think 2 of Longley, Bishop and Keats will stay... Walcott gone.

I was thinking that too, I only know walcott. I see either walcott or longley going, with motague on maybe. or else I can see it being all the same poets, different questions

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The contingency paper was written ages ago though! They can't just change it now right? If both the mock papers had those exact poets and they didn't change them on the real paper, then I don't think that's going to make them change the new one. Only the questions we'll be asked on them are different

Firstly, Mocks have nothing to do with the actual state exams (Leaving Cert). They are made up by a group of people with the intention of making money, first and foremost. In doing so, they provide some sort of experience of LC examinations. The fact that what was on the exam papers came up in the mocks, is just pure chance. The exam papers, and backup papers, were made up long before the mocks were held. They won't be changing anything on the paper, it was made for a reason and it's not being changed. What's on it? Who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

They probably will. The system goes 1. Oral warning 2. Written warning 3. Dismissal.
    They'll probably only get an oral warning...

...which expires after 6 months.
    Em ... supervisors are recruited each year.

For once, at least with information available to date, the civil service do not seem to have fecked this up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement