Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

deemark wrote: »
    Guys, I hate to interrupt with a dose of sanity but:

1. The system is fallible, as it relies on people and people make mistakes. The superintendent gave out the wrong paper, simple as.

5. Having it on Saturday is the fairest thing to do. They couldn't change the entire exam timetable. Neither could they hold it at the end of the exams as it would delay the entire Leaving Cert results, by weeks possibly.

8. Anybody who narrowed down his/her study to 2 poets and one Macbeth essay was asking for trouble.

and breathe...

You've a day off tomorrow guys, some of you. Use it to study instead of posting threats/conspiracies/wild guesses.

btw I correct and this will probably postpone the conference and the marking (and my holiday plans). My colleagues have to come in on Saturday. Teachers are raging too!

Good luck

1. People make mistakes, but well not the day before 70,000 nervous students are going to sit there next Paper the following day and have the whole thing put upside down and leaving many stressing, which can't and won't help them for the next 2 weeks of exams.

5. Well it's hardly fair, I've about 27 hours of exams starting 9.30 on Friday and finishing at 5.00 on Tuesday with one day off in between. So much for Batt O'Keeffes "nearly everyone will have at least one half-day within the first 3), ye grand I do and a day off, but then I'm bombarded with mountains.
    That_Guy wrote: »

If you've studied thoroughly for English Paper 2 for your LC then you should have no problem regardless of whether they change the paper or not.

If you haven't studied for the paper then that's your own fault. You've now got extra time to study for it which is something you don't get too often.

There's other exams you have to deal with. Not just English.

And remember just because you've no exam tomorrow morning doesn't mean you should lie in. Use what would have been exam time to study for that paper.

Have you ever done your Leaving Cert, well if you have then you'd know nobody studies the whole English course as there is so much choice and so many things to rule out, therefore leaving a lot of us now in a big pile of poo.

Great I've got extratime now to study for an exam I'd studied for today, but now I've to go and learn new stuff along with going over Maths Paper 1 and Geography.

Well personnally I'm having a lie in tomorrow as well I'm being bombarded with 4 days out of 5 nearly full of exams and/or study.

Good luck to the rest of you, and F**K ENGLISH PAPER 2.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

YOU are in control of how well you do in your exams. Rants are fine, sitting on the pc all night venting is counter-productive.

All of you, GO TO BED!

+1 -- best plan :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

fuNk90 wrote: »
    would doing walcott longley and mahon be enough for poets? or should i do bishop just to have a woman covered?

Just do the 4. Sure it'll only take an extra hour or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

Can someone please tel me what was on the paper? Please, please, please! Im freakin out here lik.!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

thomasjad wrote: »
    its on adrian kennedy now

Whaaaaaaat? They're talking about voting :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

The exam papers, and backup papers, were made up long before the mocks were held. They won't be changing anything on the paper, it was made for a reason and it's not being changed. What's on it? Who knows.
    Shame there's no past backup papers to make predictions from!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Seanh111 wrote: »
    Can someone please tel me what was on the paper? Please, please, please! Im freakin out here lik.!.

Banqo
    (some **** theme that would have made me cry)

CC
    GVV

Longley
    Bishop
    Walcott
    Keats

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Firstly, Mocks have nothing to do with the actual state exams (Leaving Cert). They are made up by a group of people with the intention of making money, first and foremost. In doing so, they provide some sort of experience of LC examinations. The fact that what was on the exam papers came up in the mocks, is just pure chance. The exam papers, and backup papers, were made up long before the mocks were held. They won't be changing anything on the paper, it was made for a reason and it's not being changed. What's on it? Who knows.

They're also supposed to be indicators of the kinds of questions asked in the real thing. In general 80%-90% of what's on the mocks is also on the leaving cert. Not everything, but they are very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I can only imagine the oul ones ringing Joe Duffy tomorrow.
    "Me bleedin' daughter is totally stressed Joe, what am I goin' to do? To quote Didier Drogba it's a disgrace."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

This is just so annoying!!
    Its wrecked up all my study timetable!

Bloody retard in Louth!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I don't get why they couldn't have had the 2nd paper printed and out to every centre by tomorrow morning. they knew as soon as paper 1 was over I presume. they would have been up all night probably but so what?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 marzabar

was so convinced it was nothing more than a hoax...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

No I just find it funny that teachers have found something to moan about.
    The rest of your post was valid and realistic.

It wasn't a moan, it was a point. This mistake has screwed up a lot of people's plans, most importantly the students', obviously. I've spent this evening on the phone speaking to some of my HL students, who I genuinely give a crap about. This is a huge mistake, I'm raging too, but sh#t happens, you have to get on with it...in life and exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mockatron

All this fuss regarding English Paper 2 being leaked today is exactly why the A-Levels should be more widely available to students in this country. What happened today is an absolute disgrace and the State Examinations Commission should be ashamed. I do feel sorry for the Supervisor though. It was inevitable to happen one day. HE SHOULD NOT BE SACKED. Those contingency papers should have been secretly sent out. I mean the SEC had all day!!!

But to keep to point... todays happenings is precisely why the A-Levels should be a real alternative to exam students in the Republic of Ireland. I say well done to The <People I keep pimping> for in a way, rebelling against a tired system.

All Universities/IT's accept them so why not make them an alternative. As Barack Obama has said many a time 'We need CHANGE'

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

I hope they don't give out Paper Three on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

What was on the leaked paper people? PLEASE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Okay, as i have something of a vested interest in this years exams, given that i have spent the last 2 years tutoring LC students on the English, i happened to take a chance and i rang the junior press officer for the SEC.

I told her who i was and that i was not looking for hints as to what was on the replacement paper, but just to know was it going to be the polar opposite of the leaked paper. She said no, it will be more or less the same, but with slight differences. Obviously this is extremely vague, however i took it as this:

• The poets will most likely be the same
    • The comparitive, i would probably look at GVV and Cultural Context
    • Macbeth is where the differences may come, i would look at a character question for this
    I wish i had more to impart, but all i can say is that in general, a contigencey plan is based on the original, and in the event of a back-up paper needing to be used, it will be sufficently different that in the event of the original being compromised, it wont guarantee an automatic A for the entire country(word of mouth etc).

However, it will be sufficently similiar aswell, because as mentioned earlier, almost every teacher of higher level English bases their teaching methods on predicting what is likely to come up on the paper, and while the SEC is interested in testing the potential of the examinees, they do not want to screw them over entirely.

Best of luck to all who are doing their exams, and try not to stress because of this, you now have an extra full day of study.....use it wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Mockatron wrote: »
    All this fuss regarding English Paper 2 being leaked today is exactly why the A-Levels should be more widely available to students in this country. What happened today is an absolute disgrace and the State Examinations Commission should be ashamed. I do feel sorry for the Supervisor though. It was inevitable to happen one day. HE SHOULD NOT BE SACKED. Those contingency papers should have been secretly sent out. I mean the SEC had all day!!!

But to keep to point... todays happenings is precisely why the A-Levels should be a real alternative to exam students in the Republic of Ireland. I say well done to The <People I keep pimping> for in a way, rebelling against a tired system.

All Universities/IT's accept them so why not make them an alternative. As Barack Obama has said many a time 'We need CHANGE'

we do the leaving cert here. get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

with mountains.
    Have you ever done your Leaving Cert, well if you have then you'd know nobody studies the whole English course as there is so much choice and so many things to rule out, therefore leaving a lot of us now in a big pile of poo.

I have done my Leaving Cert and yes the English course is fairly intensive but it'd be foolish to rule out anything. Every year there's predictions as to what's coming up but these predictions are never accurate. Cover yourself from every angle.
    Great I've got extratime now to study for an exam I'd studied for today, but now I've to go and learn new stuff along with going over Maths Paper 1 and Geography.

Well if you've studied for English paper 2 then there's no problem here. Use the time tomorrow to go over Maths and Geography.
    Well personnally I'm having a lie in tomorrow as well I'm being bombarded with 4 days out of 5 nearly full of exams and/or study.

Have a lie in then if you so wish but it would be strongly recommended that you use your time wisely.

Good luck to the rest of you, and F**K ENGLISH PAPER 2.:cool:

Yep sensible alright. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Man it still seems so surreal. Its like something you'd see on a TV Show. I still can't believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Read f**king up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

johner1 wrote: »
    theres no paper three for foundation u retard

You didnt know about Paper 3?

And you're dismissing him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

It wasn't a moan, it was a point. This mistake has screwed up a lot of people's plans, most importantly the students', obviously. I've spent this evening on the phone speaking to some of my HL students, who I genuinely give a crap about. This is a huge mistake, I'm raging too, but sh#t happens, you have to get on with it...in life and exams.
    but it shouldnt be allowed happen should it? considering many people will be looking for massive points? should something like this be allowed happen? no

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ink I'd say. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

Mockatron wrote: »

Ehhh...how the hell is this precisely why the A levels should be introduced?? This has got nothing to do with the quality or lack thereof with regard to the Leaving Cert. Keeping to the point indeed....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fatcat90

<snip> Text speak is against the charter.</snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

There may be more of a chance of Theme of Kingship coming up in Macbeth now. Think I'll do another poet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

Dman001 wrote: »
    Man it still seems so surreal. Its like something you'd see on a TV Show. I still can't believe it.

go to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

leesmom wrote: »
    omg shut up your bull****,anyone who believes this is pretty stupid we would have heard about it if it had happened go and do some study!!!

Hmmm... A bit quick off the mark were we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement