Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

yeah you're right, cavan would have been funnier. still louth though :pac:

Why Cavan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ramey

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Okay, as i have something of a vested interest in this years exams, given that i have spent the last 2 years tutoring LC students on the English, i happened to take a chance and i rang the junior press officer for the SEC.

I told her who i was and that i was not looking for hints as to what was on the replacement paper, but just to know was it going to be the polar opposite of the leaked paper. She said no, it will be more or less the same, but with slight differences. Obviously this is extremely vague, however i took it as this:

• The poets will most likely be the same
    • The comparitive, i would probably look at GVV and Cultural Context
    • Macbeth is where the differences may come, i would look at a character question for this
    I wish i had more to impart, but all i can say is that in general, a contigencey plan is based on the original, and in the event of a back-up paper needing to be used, it will be sufficently different that in the event of the original being compromised, it wont guarantee an automatic A for the entire country(word of mouth etc).

However, it will be sufficently similiar aswell, because as mentioned earlier, almost every teacher of higher level English bases their teaching methods on predicting what is likely to come up on the paper, and while the SEC is interested in testing the potential of the examinees, they do not want to screw them over entirely.

Best of luck to all who are doing their exams, and try not to stress because of this, you now have an extra full day of study.....use it wisely.

Quoted, because many people seem to have missed such an informative post, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I don't get why they couldn't have had the 2nd paper printed and out to every centre by tomorrow morning. they knew as soon as paper 1 was over I presume. they would have been up all night probably but so what?

I don't think they knew right away. Apparently they found out through twitter updates! There would be a serious amount of printing, binding and delivery involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Seanh111 wrote: »
    What was on the leaked paper people? PLEASE!

The student's drool, as he opened it to his delight

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

At the risk of sounding childish here; screw them they're getting paid. ;)

The supervisors, readers, scribes, exam attendants and school exam planners will get paid but school officials, principals, caretakers will not get paid.

Who do the department expect will open the schools, rooms turn on equipment and lighting. They are a bunch of ****** who will try to cheat anyone out of money and resources. Supervisors are getting double monies as well.

Saying that, they did handle the situation efficiently.

How stupid did that superintendent have to be not to check the exam paper packet. There are a list of daily procedures for opening and distributing the papers.
    Before the exams start the papers are in a base centre and double checked by the SI and arranged in order of exam. Then placed in a Garda station or safelock room in a school. On the day of the exam the SI goes and opens the box with the papers and checks numerous times he has collected the right ones and checks the date etc.. and brings them to the school. Checked a few times and signed off by two students. Checked agin and cut open. Checked again and handed out upside down.

Now in that entire procedure, HOW did he not realize that he had collected the wrong fupping papers?

Absolute Ámadán!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭myfatherrsson

I wish i could hurt the leaving cert somehow....all im actually missing is for my writing arm to fall off......chr1sts sake the SEC have ONE job to do and they only have to do it for 2 weeks and the first day they make a balls of it!

Worst thing of all is there seems to be no 'predictability' with regard this second paper! As in some are sayin itll be similar while others claim itll be the polar opposite...yet another proof or Murphy's Law...as if we needed one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

fatcat90 wrote: »
    guys, sumtyms rumours are true ya no....da paper was leaked as u all now know an it was a peach of a paper 2...tink ye'r so smart pretendin not ta b bothrd by it all...siknin ye are...
    Please attempt to communicate in English, not in txtspit! :)

Thanking you,

The rest of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

Stinjy wrote: »
    Why Cavan??

everybody's inbred in cavan

waits for the insults :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

we do the leaving cert here. get over it.
    so u wouldnt like the choice of a-levels? <SNIP stop with the abuse people <SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 robynk18

Mockatron wrote: »
    All this fuss regarding English Paper 2 being leaked today is exactly why the A-Levels should be more widely available to students in this country. What happened today is an absolute disgrace and the State Examinations Commission should be ashamed. I do feel sorry for the Supervisor though. It was inevitable to happen one day. HE SHOULD NOT BE SACKED. Those contingency papers should have been secretly sent out. I mean the SEC had all day!!!

But to keep to point... todays happenings is precisely why the A-Levels should be a real alternative to exam students in the Republic of Ireland. I say well done to The <People I keep pimping> for in a way, rebelling against a tired system.

All Universities/IT's accept them so why not make them an alternative. As Barack Obama has said many a time 'We need CHANGE'
    no we dont need a levels here. this is an isolated incident! the leaving cert is better than the a levels. you get a more rounded education. we do not need change!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Ramey wrote: »
    Quoted, because many people seem to have missed such an informative post, thank you!

Thank you, as i say, im only trying to help in this upheavel.

The best thing anyone can do right now is get on with it, you can't change what has happened......when life gives you lemons reach for the tequila so to speak.

If anybody has anything they want hepl with feel free to PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I don't get why they couldn't have had the 2nd paper printed and out to every centre by tomorrow morning. they knew as soon as paper 1 was over I presume. they would have been up all night probably but so what?

This is probably the millionth time I've said this :P
    Government couriers distribute the papers. Not enough of them to get around the entire country, and to islands like Árainn Mhór, Inis Mór..
    They can't be delievered by An Post or whatever incase some gob****e leaks the paper :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Okay, as i have something of a vested interest in this years exams, given that i have spent the last 2 years tutoring LC students on the English, i happened to take a chance and i rang the junior press officer for the SEC.

I told her who i was and that i was not looking for hints as to what was on the replacement paper, but just to know was it going to be the polar opposite of the leaked paper. She said no, it will be more or less the same, but with slight differences. Obviously this is extremely vague, however i took it as this:

• Macbeth is where the differences may come, i would look at a character question for this
    I wish i had more to impart, but all i can say is that in general, a contigencey plan is based on the original, and in the event of a back-up paper needing to be used, it will be sufficently different that in the event of the original being compromised, it wont guarantee an automatic A for the entire country(word of mouth etc).

However, it will be sufficently similiar aswell, because as mentioned earlier, almost every teacher of higher level English bases their teaching methods on predicting what is likely to come up on the paper, and while the SEC is interested in testing the potential of the examinees, they do not want to screw them over entirely.

Best of luck to all who are doing their exams, and try not to stress because of this, you now have an extra full day of study.....use it wisely.

Cheers for that. A helpful post amidst a plethora of face-biting crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

She said no, it will be more or less the same, but with slight differences. Obviously this is extremely vague, however i took it as this:

That's a huge relief anyway. I love you for posting that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mockatron

we do the leaving cert here. get over it.

actually Sinead if you go on the <People I keep pimping>'s website you'll see that they're the only school in Ireland which offers A-Levels as an alternative to the LC

WHIPPED!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good God.

To quote a previous post.

HEY THATS MY QUOTE i want my recognition:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'll hope you know Fad is an Irish word.................

(Which also kinda strikes off the dyslexic bit :))

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

HEY THATS MY QUOTE i want my recognition:pac:

You are recognised.

thanks so much for that...makes me feel so much better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seriously, people who are doing your Leaving. Why would you still be up now just to moan and panic and worry about what's happened?

GO TO BED, get up early, and study that extra poet. Oh, and I'm not buying the whole it's messing my study up. How is that possible? Whatever you were going to do Saturday morning do tomorrow morning instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

That's a huge relief anyway. I love you for posting that :D

Please don't take it as gospel, this is just my understanding from a conversation with a woman on a phone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

A petition to have the date of paper changed! SIGN IT

http://www.petitiononline.com/1234354/petition-sign.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mockatron wrote: »
    actually Sinead if you go on the Dublin Tutorial Centre's website you'll see that they're the only school in Ireland which offers A-Levels as an alternative to the LC

WHIPPED!!!!!

You sir are the strangest form of troll this forum has ever seen......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ramey

SantryRed wrote: »
    Seriously, people who are doing your Leaving. Why would you still be up now just to moan and panic and worry about what's happened?

GO TO BED, get up early, and study that extra poet. Oh, and I'm not buying the whole it's messing my study up. How is that possible? Whatever you were going to do Saturday morning do tomorrow morning instead!

Listen to thisssss, good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Monzo wrote: »
    Cheers for that. A helpful post amidst a plethora of face-biting crap.

At risk of sounding like a whiny brat..

I SAID THAT TOO ;________;

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

SantryRed wrote: »

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LFC-Eanna

Just do the 4. Sure it'll only take an extra hour or so?

Clarke?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

yeah you're right, cavan would have been funnier. still louth though :pac:
    The Walsho wrote: »
    I don't think they knew right away. Apparently they found out through twitter updates! There would be a serious amount of printing, binding and delivery involved.

Yeah according to RTE news at 9 o'clock the examiner didn't seem to say anthing, it was through Twitter that the word was spread and the SEC found out.. What if twitter and other social networking sites wern't invented?? Would Louth have known the paper and the rest of Ireland not??
    So much for the honesty of the examiner.. (remember this is only what the news seems to say)

Ramey wrote: »
    Listen to thisssss, good night.

i agreee...night night people :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

A petition to have the date of paper changed! SIGN IT

What date would you suggest it be changed to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement