Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A petition to have the date of paper changed! SIGN IT

Are you for serious? When can they possibly change it? The end of the LC?

Go to bed, get up early and study instead of wasting your time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Ah, yes, a petition, just what we need and it hasn't been suggested before! Hurrah:rolleyes:

The State Exams Commission are sitting up right now, breathlessly awaiting your petition and accompanying suggestions for an alternative timetable:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

SantryRed wrote: »
    Seriously, people who are doing your Leaving. Why would you still be up now just to moan and panic and worry about what's happened?

GO TO BED, get up early, and study that extra poet. Oh, and I'm not buying the whole it's messing my study up. How is that possible? Whatever you were going to do Saturday morning do tomorrow morning instead!
    had planned to study maths tomorrow after english was finished and not having to worry about it, now i cant. good job civil servants

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

*starts shouting*

ABUSE!! ABUSE!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

time for me to cheer you all up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

69 pages of whinging and moaning and petitions.

Get the **** over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Stinjy wrote: »
    Yeah according to RTE news at 9 o'clock the examiner didn't seem to say anthing, it was through Twitter that the word was spread and the SEC found out.. What if twitter and other social networking sites wern't invented?? Would Louth have known the paper and the rest of Ireland not??
    So much for the honesty of the examiner.. (remember this is only what the news seems to say)

nah all the students would have known anyway which would have been good if you believed it, phones! my friend rang me to tell me about it, her cousin is from droghdea or something

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

LFC-Eanna wrote: »
    Clarke?

Yep. Who's this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 golly-pop

They said on tonight's News that this cock-up was unprecedented but there have been similiar before. In 1969 the English and Maths papers were stolen from the Dept of Ed couple of days before the exams, and the story broke the morning the exams started. Students had to sit the exams, then wait to see what was going to happen, then re-sit Maths and English after the whole LC was over. It was well into July before the whole thing was done. Thought we would never see the end of it! :eek:.

time for me to cheer you all up

dunno why it didnt show up

click here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbucevNiA0E&feature=related
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

I think anyone who has had anything worthwhile to contribute has done the sensible thing and gone to bed at the same time they would have if the exam was still on. The rest of us are still here:pac: whinging....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

I just got a text about that and like I said to the person who texted me - no f**cking way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Do the SEC have to print a whole new set of papers. How the hell are they going to do that by Saturday?

golly-pop wrote: »
    They said on tonight's News that this cock-up was unprecedented but there have been similiar before. In 1969 the English and Maths papers were stolen from the Dept of Ed couple of days before the exams, and the story broke the morning the exams started. Students had to sit the exams, then wait to see what was going to happen, then re-sit Maths and English after the whole LC was over. It was well into July before the whole thing was done. Thought we would never see the end of it! :eek:.

Why didn't Bryan Adams mention that in the song?:confused::eek:

Go to bed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

fuNk90 wrote: »
    had planned to study maths tomorrow after english was finished and not having to worry about it, now i cant. good job civil servants

Civil servants????

The supervisors in the exam halls are random yahoos from the general public.

Maybe you should have studied a bit earlier and not leave it all till the last minute. Hell, the whole second half of 6th year in practising the exam papers over and over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

alan4cult wrote: »
    Do the SEC have to print a whole new set of papers. How the hell are they going to do that by Saturday?

They're already printed. Well, a fair few anyway, but not in the numbers needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

Waaahhh wrote: »
    haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 a x e 15

go to bed

look no offence but leave it out .... im stressed out to the nine's here ...
    im smoking like a chimney trying to calm my nearves ...as well as my FU**IN L.C my gran has about 3-4 days to live ... were really close and i was ment to be spending most of sat wit her .... how the F**K do you think i feel ..........

That_Guy wrote: »
    Go to bed. :)
    FINE GOODNIGHT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Man I can't beleive it I'm well pissed off!! All the stuff I studies came up too. GVV, Longley, Macbeth Deception Q... Reallyt hope the contingency ppr isn't too hard!!

Does anyone thing they'll stick on literary genre or Theme/Issue cause we didn't study theme in school... Just GVV and Cultural Context

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

At risk of sounding like a whiny brat..

I SAID THAT TOO ;________;

Pfft, I hadn't read your post. ;)

(Hard to keep up with 1040 odd posts!)

If I wasn't such a crammer I'd be inclined to take a wander into town tomorrow to see how the daily rags react to this... The Mirror: You Twitts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

They're already printed. Well, a fair few anyway, but not in the numbers needed.
    What an awful waste of paper if they aren't used, even though I never usually care about paper and the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

elyod wrote: »
    Civil servants????

Interesting description:D Hope you did well in paper 1! They're teachers who apply to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

a x e 15 wrote: »
    im smoking like a chimney trying to calm my nearves ...as well as my FU**IN L.C my gran has about 3-4 days to live ... were really close and i was ment to be spending most of sat wit her .... how the F**K do you think i feel ..........

If you're gonna share problems on the net, may as well take it to Personal Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 golly-pop

Waaahhh wrote: »
    lol!:D

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Man I can't beleive it I'm well pissed off!! All the stuff I studies came up too. GVV, Longley, Macbeth Deception Q... Reallyt hope the contingency ppr isn't too hard!!

Does anyone thing they'll stick on literary genre or Theme/Issue cause we didn't study theme in school... Just GVV and Cultural Context

:mad:

Literary Genre isn't one of the comparative modes for us in 2009, so that will most definitely NOT come up. Theme could make an appearance though.

a x e 15 wrote: »

Nobody's having a personal dig at anyone..... except for people slating the entire population of Louth.

Just relax. Sorry about your grandmother. Things like that are really hard so just stay calm and remember that exams aren't the be all and end all.

I'm just saying that people are really blowing this out of proportion. An extra day of study handed free to you. Sure the exam is on a Saturday but it wouldn't have made a difference because the majority of people would be studying at that time anyway so what's the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

Civil servants????

Maybe you should have studied a bit earlier and not leave it all till the last minute. Hell, the whole second half of 6th year in practising the exam papers over and over and over.
    so all of my teachers telling me that other teachers put their name up for supervising is a lie? including that most of them do supervise. not random yahoo's at all. and im pretty sorted for what comes up thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Civil servants????

They're teachers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement