Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

pathway33 wrote: »
    there must be at least 1 lc student in the country who is completely oblivious to all this :D no internet no television no radio

They'll do fine though, they've been studying like mad the whole time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone find out who he/she is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

i heard bishop was on the leaked paper along with keats longley nd walcott

He better be on the contingency paper:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 a x e 15

That_Guy wrote: »
    Honestly I don't feel sorry for any of you to be honest. I've been through it before. It's a personal thing. How well you do is based on how well you've worked these past 2 years.

A change in paper or whatever is not going to stop everyone feeling sorry for all LC students. Life goes on. Deal with it.

Make all the petitions you want but nobody bar those who sign it will pay attention to it.

i never said anythin bout a petition, just said i was pised at the fact that im now going to be doing an exam while my gran is in hos diein ...and as a matter of a fact i have been studyin for this for the last 3 years, thank you ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

pathway33 wrote: »
    there must be at least 1 lc student in the country who is completely oblivious to all this :D no internet no television no radio

oblivious to what ?

man i cant wait to have paper 2 over with this time tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gmitStu

It makes no difference if the paper is changed.

Everyone taking the test may do slightly poorer than if they had taken the origional.

This is irrelivant because at the end of the day, the marking scheme is tweaked so that a certain number of people get As, a certains number get Bs etc etc and a certain number fail.

When you take all the As, Bs, Cs, Ds and so on from all of the students over the country and place them on a graph, you get a certain curve.

The supervising examiners want to see this exact same curve every year.

Therefore you are pretty certain to get the same mark you would have gotten if the exam wasn't leaked.

I know this because I have a parent who is one of these supervising examiners and I help each summer in verifiying calculations etc. I've seen how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

a x e 15 wrote: »
    i never said anythin bout a petition, just said i was pised at the fact that im now going to be doing an exam while my gran is in hos diein ...and as a matter of a fact i have been studyin for this for the last 3 years, thank you ...

seriously look into the dispensation thing, dont depend on it to raise you up a lot of points but if you missed your first choice by 10-20 points they would probably show leniency

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    He better be on the contingency paper:confused:

or else what? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Honestly I don't feel sorry for any of you to be honest. I've been through it before. It's a personal thing. How well you do is based on how well you've worked these past 2 years.

A change in paper or whatever is not going to stop everyone feeling sorry for all LC students. Life goes on. Deal with it.

Make all the petitions you want but nobody bar those who sign it will pay attention to it.

Do you not even feel a tad sorry for them, Like teachers work up to a certain exam saying this is predicted, this should come up etc etc.. and when people got news that yes what was predicted did come up they were gutted that they could have done well, but now all the stress and the fear of the unknown has taken over because no-one knows for certain how a new paper really works, is it closely related to the original? is it totally different? people only know what they see on this, and none of this can be taken as gods honest truth, even if people are trying to do their best in helping.
    I agree petitions probably wont do verymuch except show the government you are annoyed, but they have bigger things that they are dealing with..
    The english course is long tedious and to alot of people boring so most people will take the hints and just study what is expected and they will concentrate hard on that so yes they have worked for the last two years, doen't mean if something totally different and horrible comes up they'll be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

seriously look into the dispensation thing, dont depend on it to raise you up a lot of points but if you missed your first choice by 10-20 points they would probably show leniency

Have you told this to the exam secretary in the school? You may not get leniency in marks, but you'll probably get a room on your own to do your exam in. This might help relieve some of the pressure.

• Advertisement

oblivious to what ?

man i cant wait to have paper 2 over with this time tomorrow

shouldn't you be in bed then?

thanks ... some of the best advice ive gotton all night (morning now) seams how im going too need like 470 + as i want to study in the U.S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

what's the plan of action of the 2nd paper leaks? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Well if you've been studying then you can only do your best. Best of luck to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 GaryB

Oh...

...didn't realise a case of human error in Louth (of which I presume there are many cases :P) was going to cause the collapse of modern civilization...

"a simple switch of study plans clears us of this deed"

Deal with it, move on and above all...GOOD NIGHT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gmitStu

You all get a C+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

what happens if the results for english are not as good as expected come august..? there will be an uproar because of this!

hahaha scarcasm????? please tell me it is!!! to the " i have an english paper in the morning!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anthony k

guys anyone know what jane eyre question came up on it?
    dat freak better be sleeping with one eye open 2nite cuz i fear for her safety :D:D:D

then the first paper becomes the contingency paper

• Advertisement

Well if you've been studying then you can only do your best. Best of luck to you.

thank you ... tbh im just venting a lot of anger right now .......

Stinjy wrote: »
    Do you not even feel a tad sorry for them, Like teachers work up to a certain exam saying this is predicted, this should come up etc etc.. and when people got news that yes what was predicted did come up they were gutted that they could have done well, but now all the stress and the fear of the unknown has taken over because no-one knows for certain how a new paper really works, is it closely related to the original? is it totally different? people only know what they see on this, and none of this can be taken as gods honest truth, even if people are trying to do their best in helping.
    I agree petitions probably wont do verymuch except show the government you are annoyed, but they have bigger things that they are dealing with..
    The english course is long tedious and to alot of people boring so most people will take the hints and just study what is expected and they will concentrate hard on that so yes they have worked for the last two years, doen't mean if something totally different and horrible comes up they'll be fine...

You'd be a fool to bank on things that "should be coming up". It's a big course yes but unfortunately it needs to be studied pretty well and takes a lot of time to do so. If people have been studying for it well then all well and good but if people haven't been studying well for it then tomorrow is a time to go over some things.

:P does anyone know who the examiner was?? I'm sure someone knows sure someone has to know her/ him!

thank you ... tbh im just venting a lot of anger right now .......

Well you've a lot on your plate it seems but just remember that they're only exams. I know the LC is bigged up to be the biggest thing ever but it's not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

:P does anyone know who the examiner was?? I'm sure someone knows sure someone has to know her/ him!
    There's a rumour it was Bertie Ahern, moonlighting ... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

You'd be a fool to bank on things that "should be coming up". It's a big course yes but unfortunately it needs to be studied pretty well and takes a lot of time to do so. If people have been studying for it well then all well and good but if people haven't been studying well for it then tomorrow is a time to go over some things.

what do you care - they're not your exams. let us have our rant, tyvm.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

If the backup paper leaks their is no plan of action. Only 2 papers have been prepared. It would be a good laugh to the the State Examinations Commissions press release if it were to leak.

I presume they would either give us one of the two papers, a mixture of the two or use one of the previous years backup papers. Until it happens and hopefully it never will we don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

1200+ angry posts about it on Boards.ie

lol i say he / she has now gone into hiding in some other country,
    i no personally thats what id have done....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

1. People make mistakes, but well not the day before 70,000 nervous students are going to sit there next Paper the following day and have the whole thing put upside down and leaving many stressing, which can't and won't help them for the next 2 weeks of exams.

5. Well it's hardly fair, I've about 27 hours of exams starting 9.30 on Friday and finishing at 5.00 on Tuesday with one day off in between. So much for Batt O'Keeffes "nearly everyone will have at least one half-day within the first 3), ye grand I do and a day off, but then I'm bombarded with mountains.

Have you ever done your Leaving Cert, well if you have then you'd know nobody studies the whole English course as there is so much choice and so many things to rule out, therefore leaving a lot of us now in a big pile of poo.

Great I've got extratime now to study for an exam I'd studied for today, but now I've to go and learn new stuff along with going over Maths Paper 1 and Geography.

Well personnally I'm having a lie in tomorrow as well I'm being bombarded with 4 days out of 5 nearly full of exams and/or study.

Good luck to the rest of you, and F**K ENGLISH PAPER 2.:cool:

My god,pity you wernt doing it in the years up to 2006. Your complaining? I was in 9-5.30 every day for a week. apart from physics so id exams up till like 20th june.
    you lot have it easy. Also this mess wouldnt have happened in the days were P! and P2 were on the same day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement