Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

Stinjy wrote: »
    :P does anyone know who the examiner was?? I'm sure someone knows sure someone has to know her/ him!
    name and shame i say ... wait till sunday papers get this haha

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

That_Guy wrote: »
    You'd be a fool to bank on things that "should be coming up". It's a big course yes but unfortunately it needs to be studied pretty well and takes a lot of time to do so. If people have been studying for it well then all well and good but if people haven't been studying well for it then tomorrow is a time to go over some things.

Well banking on what should be coming up has worked for years! Its how most teachers do it... Hopefully people will make the most of tomorrow though, I'm just glad I did TY xD

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

rhapsody! wrote: »
    what do you care - they're not your exams. let us have our rant, tyvm.

Rant over getting an extra day to study? Seems more like a gift to me.

Again to re-hash what I've been saying. If you've studied well for English paper 2 then you'll be fine. If not then there's nobody else to blame for that. You have tomorrow to go over things now. Don't waste your time. Use it wisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Black kettle

Honestly I don't feel sorry for any of you to be honest. I've been through it before. It's a personal thing. How well you do is based on how well you've worked these past 2 years.

A change in paper or whatever is not going to stop everyone feeling sorry for all LC students. Life goes on. Deal with it.

Make all the petitions you want but nobody bar those who sign it will pay attention to it.

Excuse me, not to be rude or anything but you realize that a perfect paper for a leaving certificate student is the difference between an A and a B? Of course, we have it tougher than other years! This will have a knock on effect on the study timetable of every leaving cert student in the country! They will spend more time on English than they should because of the extra stress this will cause, instead of on other subjects. Of course we have studied everything over the 2 years but everyone makes their own predictions and this year it was pretty easy to predict so naturally everyone focused on preparing answers for the predicted questions. And NOW after thinking we are secure in what we have learned (as we know it so well it is seemingly more familiar to us than the back of our right hands) that actually, ANYTHING could come up and all the information we have spent HOURS slaving over, may actually count for NOTHING??? You realize peoples maths and Irish papers will undoubtedly suffer? Not to mention the many other subjects of next weeks schedule? how DARE you say that we are the same as everyone else? you say you have done your leaving certificate but you clearly don't seem that intelligent so I can't imagine you did well in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Since RTE picked up the story from here, I reckon it wouldbe great craic to stir the **** again for maths p2. All it takes is a post and alot of hysteria!:pac::D:D:D

Then sit back and enjoy the mayhem.

• Advertisement

Stinjy wrote: »
    Well banking on what should be coming up has worked for years! Its how most teachers do it... Hopefully people will make the most of tomorrow though, I'm just glad I did TY xD

It's guess work. Teachers believe it or not aren't always right.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

You're graded against each other and not the exam so if the back-up is twice as hard - you should still get the same mark. The overall scores must follow a bell curve!

kona wrote: »
    Since RTE picked up the story from here, I reckon it wouldbe great craic to stir the **** again for maths p2. All it takes is a post and alot of hysteria!:pac::D:D:D

You do realise that you'd just get lots of petitions wanting to kill you right? And don't forget the bebo profiles people will make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Guys, I did my LC last year, and even though this is a real kick in the balls for all of you, the best thing you can do is try forget about it.

I know you'll find that extremely hard, but you'll do yourself no favours if you approach the next few days with a negative attitude.

When it comes to Saturday morning, just keep your head about you. Treat it as you would have treated the exam as if it were Thursday morning. If you feel you didn't do as well as you could have, just remember there are 60,000 people in the exact same boat as you. And no matter how bad you look at it, I can guarantee you that this error WILL be taken into account when the Paper 2's are corrected in July.

Equally, do NOT waste tomorrow morning. I know you will feel like crap and would prefer to spend the morning venting your anger here, but that'll do you no good when it comes to results. Once the LC is over, call the SEC every name under the sun for all I care! But between now and then, don't lose your head. You've managed the last since September, so don't throw it away now.

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

pathway33 wrote: »
    or else what? :eek:

I wish I new the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

oh no a horrible thought just occured to me,

does this mean we have to listen to more of jim lusby on countdown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Great ****ing fannytastic!! That was my perfect paper!!:mad:
    That fuicking examiner guy should be sacked and ****ed over a wall into a deep ocean! It is clearly labelled on the bag and on the front of the exam papers!
    I have to learn Montague and Mahon now! If I don't get my B in this...I am positively screwed!! No college for me!

You do realise that you'd just get lots of petitions wanting to kill you right? And don't forget the bebo profiles people will make.

God I better not so:pac:eek:

God a petiton? Bebo profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

You try too hard, just stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Just by way of a heads-up to anybody stupid enough to actually think this would be funny, DO remember that very few people have the savvy / resources to be truly anonymous on the 'net.

Just by way of a heads-up to anybody stupid enough to actually think this would be funny, DO remember that very few people have the savvy / resources to be truly anonymous on the 'net.

whats the worst they can do?oh somebody is bull****ting on boards.ie:rolleyes:

Feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

whats the worst they can do?:rolleyes:

Feck all.

You've never encountered our senior Admin when he loses it, have you? :)

And that's before the State gets involved at all ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I don't know how this guy messed it up.
    On the back of the bag the papers come in it says
    MORNING or AFTERNOON in massive letters. Is there a possibility the papers where in the wrong bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

:pac: ;)
    In fairness, he's better craic after a few drinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

wouldnt bank on that at all to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

It's guess work. Teachers believe it or not aren't always right.

Well had the original ppr 2 my teacher was spot on. So wat's ur reply to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 a x e 15

im up for it
    and so is half of my school who im also on msn to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

A little off topic but you started it so I'll continue. This discussion reminds me of this http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Glenstal

but what can they actually do?

The bankers got away scot free with stuff alot more serious.

At worst a ban from boards.ie..... hardly ned kelly territory.

a x e 15 wrote: »
    im up for it
    and so is half of my school who im also on msn to

ha ha we cant use boards though. a few txts and yer away:D chinese whispers and all that jazz. anybody got bat o keefes mobile number? mite send him one too:D:pac:

Great beig in college and off till october:p

I was hoping english would be whacked in at the end so we would get a extra day of sun:cool:

alan4cult wrote: »
    I don't know how this guy messed it up.
    On the back of the bag the papers come in it says
    MORNING or AFTERNOON in massive letters. Is there a possibility the papers where in the wrong bag?

Its all PC now doesnt matter if you cant speak english or read it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Ha ha, so funny reading this thread from the start, all the people saying that it was bull**** and that it could never happen, bet they are kicking themselves now, iDiots. Never say neaver as they say, we are irish afterall.

Best of luck in the LC everyone, I did it last year, and didn't get what I wanted, there is always alternative routes remember and hopefully will end up where I want this september instead. Keep your cool everyone, that my advice, it will all be over soon and you will be delighted.

A bit of drama never hurt anyone, sure you can tell your grandkids this one in years to come eh.

Excuse me, not to be rude or anything but you realize that a perfect paper for a leaving certificate student is the difference between an A and a B? Of course, we have it tougher than other years! This will have a knock on effect on the study timetable of every leaving cert student in the country!

If you've studied well for English paper 2 then you should be fine. If not then it's your own fault for not doing so.

They will spend more time on English than they should because of the extra stress this will cause, instead of on other subjects. Of course we have studied everything over the 2 years but everyone makes their own predictions and this year it was pretty easy to predict so naturally everyone focused on preparing answers for the predicted questions.

Basing your study around predictions is the wrong move. Teachers and students can guess until the cows come home but it's always wise for you to back yourself up a bit because there's always twists and turns. Happened with me when I did my LC two years ago. Boy was I glad I didn't go by teachers predictions.
    And NOW after thinking we are secure in what we have learned (as we know it so well it is seemingly more familiar to us than the back of our right hands) that actually, ANYTHING could come up and all the information we have spent HOURS slaving over, may actually count for NOTHING???
    You realize peoples maths and Irish papers will undoubtedly suffer? Not to mention the many other subjects of next weeks schedule? how DARE you say that we are the same as everyone else?

Again if you have studied well for this exam and NOT gone by teacher's predictions and backed yourself up a bit by studying other poets etc then you will be fine. You obviously have opted to study based on predictions so that was your call you made so that's nobody elses fault that you haven't backed yourself up.

Not everybody's maths and Irish papers will be affected if like I've said before, they have studied well. Tomorrow will give people a good chance to revise more maths and Irish if needs be.
    you say you have done your leaving certificate but you clearly don't seem that intelligent so I can't imagine you did well in it

I'm not intelligent based on what exactly? Surely can't be the 420 I got in my LC or did I just get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 a x e 15

ha ha we cant use boards though. a few txts and yer away:D chinese whispers and all that jazz. anybody got bat o keefes mobile number? mite send him one too:D:pac:

Great beig in college and off till october:p

I was hoping english would be whacked in at the end so we would get a extra day of sun:cool:

lol dont have his mobile .... ( i wonder if hes listed in the yellow pages ???)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Excuse me, not to be rude or anything but you realize that a perfect paper for a leaving certificate student is the difference between an A and a B? Of course, we have it tougher than other years! This will have a knock on effect on the study timetable of every leaving cert student in the country! They will spend more time on English than they should because of the extra stress this will cause, instead of on other subjects. Of course we have studied everything over the 2 years but everyone makes their own predictions and this year it was pretty easy to predict so naturally everyone focused on preparing answers for the predicted questions. And NOW after thinking we are secure in what we have learned (as we know it so well it is seemingly more familiar to us than the back of our right hands) that actually, ANYTHING could come up and all the information we have spent HOURS slaving over, may actually count for NOTHING??? You realize peoples maths and Irish papers will undoubtedly suffer? Not to mention the many other subjects of next weeks schedule? how DARE you say that we are the same as everyone else? you say you have done your leaving certificate but you clearly don't seem that intelligent so I can't imagine you did well in it

Black Kettle, will you think before you go on a rant and start questioning the intelligence of others. I know that this might seem like something that could never possibly have happened to any one else, oh the injustices felt by a 17 year old!! You are in the same situation as every other year!! You are only competing for college places against everyone else doing the LC this year.
    I had to laugh at the magnified ANYTHING, HOURS and NOTHING comments. Welcome to studying for an exam I guess. The ANYTHING you refer to presumably means the Englisg course, The HOURS I presume are what you should be putting in and well the NOTHING is just nonsense if I have the first two right, or maybe that NOTHING refers to what's between your ears. Still, I bet you'll do well in Drama.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement