Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

kona wrote: »
    but what can they actually do?

The bankers got away scot free with stuff alot more serious.

At worst a ban from boards.ie..... hardly ned kelly territory.

A maximum fine of £5,000 and 2 years in prison if you took it far enough.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1998/en/act/pub/0051/sec0052.html#zza51y1998s52

The offence in question would be (h).

Learn your place; you're not invincible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

That_Guy If you did your leaving cert two years ago why are you even in this topic?! Yours is done, you don't have to deal with the crap that was loaded onto us this evening.

7436443391a10960721282l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You try too hard, just stop.

Try too hard at what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

but what can they actually do?

The bankers got away scot free with stuff alot more serious.

At worst a ban from boards.ie..... hardly ned kelly territory.
    Unfortunately, big knobs like bankers tend to get off scot-free.

It's the injustice of the world.

I suspect anyone deliberately fecking up the LC a second time this year will not be treated so compassionately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Reilly616 wrote: »

(e) knowingly and maliciously credits a candidate with lower marks than the marks to which that candidate was entitled,

Oh I like this rule. I should have taken this up when I viewed my English Paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

oh la-de-da, irish statute book:rolleyes:

Sweet **** all will happen.

A)they have to find you
    B)They have to prove it as actually me
    C) not going to happen

Im not invincible but I know exactly what the score is, if I got done Id take the punishment.
    BTW you can apply H to the OP and everybody else who sent the TXT.

Are they going to be done? NO!

Diggy78 wrote: »
    ... or maybe that NOTHING refers to what's between your ears. Still, I bet you'll do well in Drama.
    Cool it.

They are upset, they are ranting and letting off steam. It's natural.

Patronising insults not required.

rhapsody! wrote: »
    That_Guy If you did your leaving cert two years ago why are you even in this topic?! Yours is done, you don't have to deal with the crap that was loaded onto us this evening.

So if I'm not a Chelsea fan does that mean I can't post in the Chelsea thread in the Soccer forum?

It's all about opinions and I have some so it's well within my right to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'll repeat my advice:

GO TO BED!

and now take it myself....zzzzz

• Advertisement

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Well had the original ppr 2 my teacher was spot on. So wat's ur reply to that?

Coincidence.

oh la-de-da, irish statute book:rolleyes:

Sweet **** all will happen.

A)they have to find you
    B)They have to prove it as actually me
    C) not going to happen

Im not invincible but I know exactly what the score is, if I got done Id take the punishment.

You asked what they could do. That's what they could do.

We both know that it's an entirely hypothetical situation.

And I wouldn't roll my eyes at the statute book. While you're living here, you're living by those rules.

Unfortunately, big knobs like bankers tend to get off scot-free.

It's the injustice of the world.

I suspect anyone deliberately fecking up the LC a second time this year will not be treated so compassionately.

Id ****ing love to try it and see.:D

How can they prove its deliberate? Too much hassle. Rumours are rumours.

This saga was a rumour till SEC made a mess ad confirmed it, if they kept stum it would have been a better situation.

You asked what they could do. That's what they could do.

We both know that it's an entirely hypothetical situation.

And I wouldn't roll my eyes at the statute book. While you're living here, you're living by those rules.

Im rolling my eyes at how Im being quoted the Irish statute book, who the **** cares?? Im sure there are some stupid las in Ireland dating from the 1800s that are in the statute book but are insignificnt.

Id ****ing love to try it and see.:D

How can they prove its deliberate? Too much hassle. Rumours are rumours.

This saga was a rumour till SEC made a mess ad confirmed it, if they kept stum it would have been a better situation.
    No because the superintendent also reported it to the SEC. It became more than a rumour then.

Im rolling my eyes at how Im being quoted the Irish statute book, who the **** cares?? Im sure there are some stupid las in Ireland dating from the 1800s that are in the statute book but are insignificnt.

Of course, but that law is only 11 years old and still stands today. Anyway, too off topic.

That_Guy wrote: »
    So if I'm not a Chelsea fan does that mean I can't post in the Chelsea thread in the Soccer forum?
    FFS, leave the Soccer Forum out of this, enough emotion in here tonight! :pac:
    A better situation how?

Some students would have had a distinct advantage, others would have been unfairly penalised.

Better how exactly?

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Well had the original ppr 2 my teacher was spot on. So wat's ur reply to that?

Is your teacher from Louth?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's guess work. Teachers believe it or not aren't always right.

Yes I do know that but they do have a better knowledge than I have so I will take whatever hints they give me, they dont just make it up for the craic.. and guess what this year they seemed to be right with the original paper!

alan4cult wrote: »
    No because the superintendent also reported it to the SEC. It became more than a rumour then.

Yes but It was a rumour to the rest of the country. Which judjing by the responses here was dismissed as bollix.

What the **** is the point of a contingency paper if you cant get it out to the schools?:confused:

This whole situation is stunningly stupid. How do these people wipe their ass? Its so straight forward and for it to be signed off by 2 students and a superintendant is unbelievably retarded.

System needs a major change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 michaelkhan3

Any one who says theres an extra day to study English is just wrong. Now Maths and English are completely in each others way. If its an extra day to study for English its one less day to study for Maths witch in my opinion is much more Important.

I did my LC last year so its not a problem for me but if I was doing it this year I would seriously considere staying at home studying maths on Saturday morning.

This is ridiculous and every Exam center should have the contingency paper there and ready to go just in case something stupid like this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I'm pretty much always spot on with any predictions I make. Why? Experience...

FFS, leave the Soccer Forum out of this, enough emotion in here tonight! :pac:

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Stinjy wrote: »
    Yes I do know that but they do have a better knowledge than I have so I will take whatever hints they give me, they dont just make it up for the craic.. and guess what this year they seemed to be right with the original paper!

They don't know themselves though. It is all speculation on their part but you have to realise that the LC exams don't follow a set pattern. It'd be wrong to think that Kavanagh, Heaney etc come up every 2 years and only study said poets. If the teachers get it right they get it right. It's good guess work.

Anything could have come up on that paper tomorrow had it not been leaked. If it wasn't what people expected it to be they'd be kicking themselves for not studying the other poets and would have no reason to complain.

It'd be no use then blaming the teachers and pointing the finger saying "Oh you told me this was definitely coming up". If you don't back yourself up then prepare for the worst is all I'm saying.

A better situation how?

Some students would have had a distinct advantage, others would have been unfairly penalised.

Better how exactly?

OKAY

First exam of the LC. Students are nervous and just want to get started.

Examination papers are placed face down on the desk

9.30 Exam starts.

5 seconds later sombody raises their hand and says its paper2.

Students told to drop the paper and they are recovered.

NOW

Paper 2 contains Poetry, Comparitive etc, no way did the contents of the entire paper accuratley be leaked. NO student would react to this suprise by remembering everything, they would get all excited and freak out and before they know it the paper is gone.

IMO there was little advantage gained by a small number of students. Not a situation in which such a mess should be created. The exam should have been allowed go ahead tomorrow and the 10 or so students who glimpsed the paper2 will be monitored at correction.

Could you get away with not sitting on saturday? some people have things to do at the weekend.

Cancelling a state exam is not a proportional reaction to 10 or so students getting a slim advantage

If I was in charge id say the contingency exam will be used, but just use the original hard copy. that way nobody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Well this has royally screwed me over.. :/

On another note, 20 years ago right now, thousands of people our age were massacred in Tiananmen Square.*

*Technically a few hours ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

The leaving cert is a very stressful time.
    This is a really really terrible thing to happen.
    I wish you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

well the attendant wouldn't have collected all the papers in time, so several people would have had a good look.

Kournikova wrote: »
    well the attendant wouldn't have collected all the papers in time, so several people would have had a good look.

how long dos it take to collect papers in a rush from a row of 10 desks?

Not enough to get a good look.

MrPirate wrote: »
    Well this has royally screwed me over.. :/

On another note, 20 years ago right now, thousands of people our age were massacred in Tiananmen Square.*

*Technically a few hours ago

WTF has that got to do with anything?

• Advertisement

OKAY

First exam of the LC. Students are nervous and just want to get started.

Examination papers are placed face down on the desk

9.30 Exam starts.

5 seconds later sombody raises their hand and says its paper2.

Students told to drop the paper and they are recovered.

NOW

Paper 2 contains Poetry, Comparitive etc, no way did the contents of the entire paper accuratley be leaked. NO student would react to this suprise by remembering everything, they would get all excited and freak out and before they know it the paper is gone.

IMO there was little advantage gained by a small number of students. Not a situation in which such a mess should be created. The exam should have been allowed go ahead tomorrow and the 10 or so students who glimpsed the paper2 will be monitored at correction.

Could you get away with not sitting on saturday? some people have things to do at the weekend.

Cancelling a state exam is not a proportional reaction to 10 or so students getting a slim advantage
    Yes but the last time this happened in 1998 some parents were not happy.
    Second Article on this page: http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/1998/06/16/ihead.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement