Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

kona wrote: »
    I can tell you that their heads are all over the shop because of this.
    Of course they are.

I'm really not sure how insisting that this was all unnecessary, when not one person agrees with you, even the students themselves, is helping the heads of any of those reading here, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

This post has been deleted.

English Paper1? Is just examining how competant you are with english, you cant really study for it.

Paper2? hard but there are more draining exams.

Heres harder exams than english, with a larger workload:
    Biology, Physics, Honours Maths, Chemistry.

How did people do before the speration? they did fine.

I had a disadvantage in my LC LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

You havnt been on the phone all day calming down a student have you?

I can tell you that their heads are all over the shop because of this.

I cant wait for the complaint for honours maths being hard.

It was an unexpected setback but i'd again use overreaction to describe any student who needed comforting all day to calm down.

Any student who has studied will have no problem with the situation after the initial shock.
    I agree with you, but there are some students out there who were incredibly stressed out to begin with and for something like this to happen will cause even more stress. There are going to be a few people who genuinely do feel like their entire Leaving Cert has been fcuked up by this

I know it's easy for somebody not going through the stress of the leaving cert to make a remark like that. It will throw students who are perhaps a little under confident but it is not the end of the world. They make think tonight they are doomed etc but if they have studied they will be fine on the day.

Of course they are.

I'm really not sure how insisting that this was all unnecessary, when not one person agrees with you, even the students themselves, is helping the heads of any of those reading here, though.

its 2.05am no students are here, if they are they are ****ed.

So what if nobody agrees, do you need people to agree with you?

I think it was a overreaction. I couldnt give a **** what people on boards.ie think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

It would have been better in the old format, they students would have been kept in the exam centre for lunch and not allowed to talk to anybody otside.

True. I would hope what you suggest is what would have happened but I have my doubts as the SEC didn't hear about the leak until late this afternoon ie. the superintendant didn't report it immediately after the exam. [Not that this matters anyway :) ]

few believed the TXT. Its not fair students having a different paper true. But that does happen. do you now there are two diffeent Leaving certs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bull_egan

Heres harder exams than english, with a larger workload:Biology, Physics, Honours Maths, Chemistry.

:eek::eek::eek: you totally forgot higher level geography :eek: have you seen the amount of work that is in that subject

j1smithy wrote: »
    True. I would hope what you suggest is what would have happened but I have my doubts as the SEC didn't hear about the leak until late this afternoon ie. the superintendant didn't report it immediately after the exam. [Not that this matters anyway :) ]

Ive a suspicion that Boads.ie is where they got the first sign from.

• Advertisement

bull_egan wrote: »
    Heres harder exams than english, with a larger workload:Biology, Physics, Honours Maths, Chemistry.

:eek::eek::eek: you totally forgot higher level geography :eek: have you seen the amount of work that is in that subject

But you field study is 25% and is done in febuary.

True there is Too much on it but the exam is only 75%

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

its 2.05am no students are here, if they are they are ****ed.
    Wanna bet?! :D

Take a look at the list at the bottom of this page

A number of those I recognise as LC students ... naturally enough, given the stress levels to-day.
    So what if nobody agrees, do you need people to agree with you?
    No, I'm well used to people disagreeing with me.

But when everyone disagrees, I have enough humility to consider the possibility I might be wrong.
    I think it was a overreaction. I couldnt give a **** what people on boards.ie think
    And you are absolutely entitled to your own opinion!!!

Even if it's wrong! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The Irish Times has it at 4.30 that the SEC got word of it: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0604/1224248024920.html

But you field study is 25% and is done in febuary.

True there is Too much on it but the exam is only 75%

yes it may only be 75% but iv never heard of any one getting full marks out of the 25% and what good is a pass id rather a C1 or B3 in geography and the amount of studien of this one subject is hard as there is onli roughly 20-30% (if even) of the course asked in the exam

well you clearly dont have fist hand experience of the mayhem so dont have a clue.

I know a girl who is ment to be a maid of honour on saturday morning, where does this mess leave her? and the wedding?

I agree that if your prepared its irrelevant and possibly a advantage, but you tell a stressed out 18 year old girl panicking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Waaahhh wrote: »
    He/She WON'T be allowed supervise an exam ever again, of that I am pretty much convinced!! And the thing about mistakes that makes them mistakes is that they are mostly stupid, basic, and avoidable!!

Not allowed supervise??? They should be sacked on the spot. If someone did an equivalent to that in the private sector they'd be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

You're right
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0603/breaking71.htm
    Discovered at 2:45pm

LCVP and the One that most of us do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

English Paper1? Is just examining how competant you are with english, you cant really study for it.

Paper2? hard but there are more draining exams.

Heres harder exams than english, with a larger workload:
    Biology, Physics, Honours Maths, Chemistry.

Ah that's all subjective though. Some people who are naturally gifted at maths find HL Maths a doddle, but may find English more difficult. There are no hardest/easiest or most/least draining subjects, it all varies from person to person.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Okay IF all that happend and these students know all the paper2.

Why not just isolate the problem to this scholl by giving out a contingency paper?

Unless you actually see the paper, the rest is just rumour

Because the students did see the paper and as a result students all over the country found out what was on it.

There was no way of containing the problem unless you kept all the students involved under exam hall arrest untill after the exam tomorrow.

I really dont see what your problem with an alternative paper is? Remember the alternative peper could just as easily have been the original paper, they are drafted at the same time.

It is upsetting for the students now because they are already under pressure but it really was the only solution.

The exam integrity must be protected. Or else we can all forget about having a fair and equitable system.

alan4cult wrote: »

Ironic that people on here were baying for blood when infact it was them that raised the alarm.

The amount of stuff on this site that appears on the news is frightening. what happened to researchers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

NADA wrote: »
    What schoool did this happen in actually? Wonder was it my old one!!

Don't, please, Gav ;)

HAPPYGIRL wrote: »
    Because the students did see the paper and as a result students all over the country found out what was on it.

There was no way of containing the problem unless you kept all the students involved under exam hall arrest untill after the exam tomorrow.

I really dont see what your problem with an alternative paper is? Remember the alternative peper could just as easily have been the original paper, they are drafted at the same time.

It is upsetting for the students now because they are already under pressure but it really was the only solution.

The exam integrity must be protected. Or else we can all forget about having a fair and equitable system.

Okay you dont undestand what Im saying and im not arsed repeating.

LCVP and the One that most of us do.

erm sorry to disappoint you kona but lcvp is only one subject as i do it and also do the leaving cert.
    i think the 2 you are looking for are lca (leaving cert. applied) and the normal one i am doing at the moment

Ah that's all subjective though. Some people who are naturally gifted at maths find HL Maths a doddle, but may find English more difficult. There are no hardest/easiest or most/least draining subjects, it all varies from person to person.

Then why make english easier and not say Biology! seen as were on a fairness train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Then why make english easier and not say Biology! seen as were on a fairness train
    Define easy then...

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement