Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

This post has been deleted.

all things considered It was a poor decision. I mean it was announced at 8.30pm?? vey late in the day. This is a mess and it just highlights how badly thought out our "first class "education system is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bull_egan

people i dont know where you'se are getting lcvp is a different type of leaving cert. it is only a subject choice like business or construction

it was a response to a post saying that everything has to be the same at the LC.

• Advertisement

Then educe the wokload fo biology. either way its making it easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

kona wrote: »
    all things considered It was a poor decision. I mean it was announced at 8.30pm?? vey late in the day. This is a mess and it just highlights how badly thought out our "first class "education system is.
    It will also be announced at the exam hall later this morning for those who may not know.

True, but this should all have been taken into account, and in light of it the P2 should have gone ahead tomorrow.

How would you like if you had plans to go away on the weekend and your required in work out of a **** up wok did...and get no exta pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Plus, IF the Times was right, this didn't get reported to the SEC until after 4 p.m.

There's a real problem there ...

If this happened at 9.30 yesterday (Weds) morning, it should have been reported to the SEC by 10 a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bull_egan

The Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme (LCVP) is a senior cycle Programme of the Department of Education & Science, designed to give a strong vocational dimension to the Leaving Certificate (established). The strong vocational focus of the LCVP is achieved by arranging Leaving Certificate subjects into Vocational Subject Groupings (see Table below) and through the provision of two additional courses of study in work preparation and enterprise, known as the Link Modules.
    Candidates taking the LCVP have a unique opportunity to develop their interpersonal, vocational and technological skills. These skills are equally relevant to the needs of those preparing for further education, seeking employment or planning to start their own business.

in plain english this is what lcvp is it is an extra subject which onli a number of schools do and also requires a certain subject choice to be allowed participate in it. i know this as i do it :cool: and its a god send if you do the work your nearly guranteed 70 points to count for a lesser subject

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Then why make english easier and not say Biology! seen as were on a fairness train

I don't see how English has been made easier. I did my Leaving Cert in 2007 and when I was going back over all the past papers I didn't notice any huge differences in difficulty between different years. If you're arguing that the English course was harder before, how far back are you going?

As for Biology, some would argue that it has gotten easier. I remember my sister constantly complaining about the old Biology course and how the current course left out lots of stuff she had to learn. Granted the current course contains some stuff not on the old course (genetic engineering) but I'd imagine nearly everyone would prefer to study the new course rather than the old one where people had to study moss and ferns!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

See this is still going strong, it's changed and we're all going to fail Paper 2, woop woop. And randy when the hell did you become a Leaving Cert mod on here!?

alan4cult wrote: »
    It will also be announced at the exam hall later this morning for those who may not know.

Thats all fair and equal:pac:

True, but this should all have been taken into account, and in light of it the P2 should have gone ahead tomorrow.

How would you like if you had plans to go away on the weekend and your required in work out of a **** up wok did...and get no exta pay?
    Then I guess you would have to decide which is more important, money or LC. I'm just glad the SEC came out with it. Imagine they let on that nothing happened and they secretly changed the papers overnight.

See this is still going strong, it's changed and we're all going to fail Paper 2, woop
    Lol, no you're not!!
    And randy when the hell did you become a Leaving Cert mod on here!?
    When they let you out of your box, wee boy!! :p:D

with the same amount of points. The points I had to compete with to get into my college.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

When they let you out of your box, wee boy!! :p:D

:p I'll let you know that I'm an adult, even getting up a half an hour earlier on Friday morning to vote before I head into school for Maths Paper 1, so there!:cool:

• Advertisement

alan4cult wrote: »
    Then I guess you would have to decide which is more important, money or LC. I'm just glad the SEC came out with it. Imagine they let on that nothing happened and they secretly changed the papers overnight.

probably should have kept stum allright.

:p I'll let you know that I'm an adult, even getting up a half an hour earlier on Friday morning to vote before I head into school for Maths Paper 1, so there!:cool:
    You have a local candidate promising funding for Shels, don't you? :D

perhaps split into two. or give more for the field study.

Common sense would dictate that the contingency paper is at the schools at exam time...DUH!:D

Personally Id just give it to the one school in drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

LCA has absolutely nothing to do with the leaked exam paper, stop talking about it.

eVeNtInE wrote: »

I don't mind the rest, but randy moving in here, well God help us all! You's here for the long haul or just till the end of the month?
    You have a local candidate promising funding for Shels, don't you? :D

No but one of them supports Shels.:p

Its a easier course IMO. The marks on the contingency paper is the same as the original too;)

LCA has absolutely nothing to do with the leaked exam paper, stop talking about it.

Im using it as a example to get a point across.

perhaps split into two. or give more for the field study.

Common sense would dictate that the contingency paper is at the schools at exam time...DUH!:D

Personally Id just give it to the one school in drogheda.
    The contingency paper should never be kept with the original. That's like putting the spare key to your car in your car. Keeping the two papers together would mean a backup paper would be rendered useless if any one of the over 2000 boxes was stolen

• Advertisement

I don't mind the rest, but randy moving in here, well God help us all!
    PFM, can I interpret that as abuse and ban him?!

Pweeeaaaaaase?! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement