Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Some of this thread was quoted on the news on the radio this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Some of this thread was quoted on the news on the radio this morning :)
    Yes they said they were monitoring it from 3:55pm onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

Sweet wrote: »
    No offence but you're a bender. It's not our fault that we were handed the paper, can you honestly say you wouldn't have done the same in our situation? As far as I'm concerned I felt the paper wasn't that great. Sure deception was nice if prepared but the other question was a nightmare. Anyone who takes issue with drogheda is wholly misguided and moronic.

actually yeah i can say i wouldnt go texting everyone i know, if you guys were actually stupid enough to think that after you texted people it wouldnt spread around the country then you are infact moronic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

A class of 40 people were handed the paper. It only takes one person to text their closest mate who in turn will simply text everyone. News like this couldn't be contained, as soon as I left the exam hall I realised the paper would be pulled. It was a well-kept secret and I'm quite sure that those who ruined it weren't among those who were handed the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

actually yeah i can say i wouldnt go texting everyone i know, if you guys were actually stupid enough to think that after you texted people it wouldnt spread around the country then you are infact moronic

have to agree u could of pocketed urself a nice high mark if ya just kept ur mouth shut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

just an idea but if this EVER happens again it should be txted to everyone around let every leaving cert know and keep it off f**kin twitter. what the SEC dont know dont hurt them and we all avoid this **** and do CLASS in paper 2!!! just an idea:)

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Due to rescheduling of English2 cant get locked on Fri.night.See yall on Sat afternoon.New leisure timetable doesnt apply to Junior Certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Actually no we are not in the same situation as every other year, fool, this has never happened before.
    The extra stress is ridiculous.
    Excuse me? I have studied my ass off for these exams and for you to come in here calling an lc student stupid basically when they are in the middle of exams is real nice. Not that I'm lacking in self esteem, far from it but that's really pathetic.
    This messes up the whole studying timetable and really I am just extremely pissed right now and what the hell are you doing in here if your not doing the leaving cert this year? No exams, no opinion.

I thought this was 'boards.ie', not black kettle's personal forum where you have to agree with him or you have 'no opinion'. I have every right to be in here and my opinion is something that you should be listening to rather than getting worked up about.
    Have a proper think about what you are saying when you call someone a fool, I clearly wasn't referring to the exam paper being handed out as the same situation as before, but effectively nothing will have changed re college places, everyone is facing the situation together making it the exact same as any previous year. No one is hard done by and no one has an advantage. And I might just borrow half your phrase here to say, what the hell are you doing in here if you're doing the leaving cert this year (shouldn't you be studying).
    Anyway, hope it does go well for you and everyone else. Just try to listen and not insult people who are letting you know that in the grand scheme of things this is a tiny hiccup and will not affect your Leaving Cert results in comparison with everyone else doing it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

Im trying to remain positive: At the very least the class of 09 will go down in history and we are all in it!

They will probably mark it easier now! There will no doubt be 100's of mothers crying to Joe Duffy in August saying that Johnnie dearest failed his English because of this.

This is seriously going to **** up my Irish paper 1 though. I'm going to under pressure now that my Friday night of studying my essays has been replaced with poets and GVVP! Damn English! They just cant leave the Irish in peace can they!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God I really feel for all you LCers having to do the English paper on Saturday. Best of luck.

When my dad did his leaving (1969 or 70 I think), the English paper 1 was leaked and then the Irish Independent published it on the front page of the paper that morning. Of course, not everyone got to see it and communications were slower than now, so everyone had to go in and do the exam as normal, and then sit ANOTHER english paper 1 at the end of the exams.

So it's not exactly the first time it's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

This is the story I heard:

The superintendent handed out the papers.
    He/She realised her mistake.
    She took the papers back up and told the students to keep it to themselves.
    One student told her mother what had happened.
    The mother subsequently contacted the Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

This will bring down the top students and bring up the average students as it will be marked less cruel

This kinda thing has happened before but the internet age has caused it to be canceled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

deemark wrote: »
    This mistake has screwed up a lot of people's plans, most importantly the students', obviously. This is a huge mistake, I'm raging too, but sh#t happens, you have to get on with it...in life and exams.

Agreed…………. Morning after I'm mellowed out.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Only in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Tbh the people who aren't doing the LC this year and complaining that we are blowing it out of a proportions can f*ck off back to AH as they have no idea what we are going through at the moment. The others that sympathise with us though are very welcome.

Gotta pick up the pieces today and try pick out logical alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

:confused::confused:
    Stev_o wrote: »
    Tbh the people who aren't doing the LC this year and complaining that we are blowing it out of a proportions can f*ck off back to AH as they have no idea what we are going through at the moment. The others that sympathise with us though are very welcome.

Gotta pick up the pieces today and try pick out logical alternatives.

yeah!!!

cos no-one else here has studied fortheir leaving......

alternatives to what??-studying???

What came up in the paper II?? Just to make sure!!

MACBETH

COMPARATIVE

POETS

Copy and paste this lads. Thanks a lot!!

thebullkf wrote: »
    cos no-one else here has studied fortheir leaving......

There's a huge difference tbh

This is the story I heard:

The superintendent handed out the papers.
    He/She realised her mistake.
    She took the papers back up and told the students to keep it to themselves.
    One student told her mother what had happened.
    The mother subsequently contacted the Department.

kinda hoping this is true, hopefully the miserable cretin of an examiner will get in more trouble for not "respecting the integrity of the exam"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Anyone getting the texts about asking them to move it to saturday week? that would be so much better and they should be trying to help the students out

Anyone getting the texts about asking them to move it to saturday week? that would be so much better and they should be trying to help the students out

yeah.

not better for physics students who are relying on that weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I really don't think they're going to change the date of the exam, they will have plan B strategies for situations just like this so they're not going to change the date again.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes.

Because Ireland is the only country where mistakes happen.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

That's some ****ing mistake to make like...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Having it on the 13th would be pretty epic, a lot of people would have their main exams over by then. I can't see it happening though, since they have the paper ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

Total incompetence by this person. My dad is a superintendent and on the literature given out by the department, it warns time and time again to double check EVERYTHING that you're handing out - If you're sure, check again in other words.

They will have been sacked from supervision immediately and never allowed supervise again. I've seen on another thread that he/she is due to retire this year, so he/she mightn't have to face the shame of going into work in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

MACBETH
    1. Deception
    2. Not sure

COMPARATIVE
    1. Cultural Context
    2. Not sure

POETS
    1. Keats
    2. Longley
    3. Bishop
    4. Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smndly

MACBETH
    1.Deception
    2.Banquo

COMPARATIVE
    1. Cultural Context
    2. GVVP

POETS
    1.Keats
    2.Walcott
    3.Bishop
    4.Longley

Thats what ive heard anyway. Somebody want to confirm these?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

I still don't understand how they managed to give them out..

They're supposed to double check everything and get two students to do the same :\

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement