Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

smndly wrote: »
    MACBETH
    1.Deception
    2.Banquo

COMPARATIVE
    1. Cultural Context
    2. GVVP

POETS
    1.Keats
    2.Walcott
    3.Bishop
    4.Longley

Thats what ive heard anyway. Somebody want to confirm these?

Erm, the text that I got said nothing about GVVP or Banquo but the rest is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Jim luzby has just been on 2fm there. He says that the marking scheme will NOT be changed, to maintain the integrity of exams. He also said that there wont be a major change in the poets, just maybe the questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The thing about asking what was on the paper that was shown is that you could have people saying what they 'think' was on it etc.
    So probably best to ignore most of that and just get on with the study. Things may or may not be completely different to the paper that was handed out. It could be very similar infact. No point panicing and rushing to study stuff you don't already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

Im just after realising the irony in the fact that I wrote a 3 and a bit page speech praising science and TECHNOLOGY and how the internet has made all our lives easier.

Life is Funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

gosh board if u had all kept your mouths shut we would have gotten away with it
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0603/breaking71.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

is this making any other institute people think Denis creaven is the most amazing man in the world??? I asked him a few weeks ago what he thought was gonna come up for macbeth he told me "I see Banquo coming up maybe deception" then he said every poet that was on the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

will you have a sense of humour! God some people have to take everything to pieces!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

:rolleyes:

That's some ****ing mistake to make like...

Ah now, in the grand scheme of things, this will hardly go down as one of the greatest mistakes in world history...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

penguin88 wrote: »
    Ah now, in the grand scheme of things, this will hardly go down as one of the greatest mistakes in world history...

Yeah.

Because that's what I said :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Had they not ****ed around with the timetable, and had it like it was in the good old days (pre-2008), they could have just kept you all under supervision between the two papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

not better for physics students who are relying on that weekend
    Quoted for truth. Anyway, I have my study plan and I'm sticking to it. This just... twists it around a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i'm a crammer and i have to say this has forkd me up big time.i was planningto study irish nd maths that morning.i know bishop,lonley and monatgue and cultural context and some of macbeth.i'm hoping for a question on the supernatural for macbeth and i'llbe grand as long as one of those poets come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Denzillacey

I personally think that this is an absolute disgrace. How on earth can someone open up paper 2 instead of 1?? It's on their list of things to do...
    I always thought papers were delieverd from the gardai station on the morning (obviously not)

We are now expected to sit the exam on Saturday because of some idiot who made the mistake?? This has caused so much stress and hurt to thousands of people + their families around the country and also makes us look like a mockery...

Several schools in Libya apparantly take the leaving cert too, does this mean they're effected too??

I think we should display our anger at such a major blunder as this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

We would all be sitting the dream paper now if it wasnt for that thick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

As far as I know it's only one school in Libya that sits the exam.

Minister for Education Batt O'Keeffe says he regrets the change in the Leaving Certificate timetable after an exam paper was wrongly distributed in Co Louth.

English Paper Two was scheduled for this morning but had to be cancelled after the security breach.

Mr O'Keeffe said the decision had been made in the best interests of all students.

He added: 'I want to apologise to all Leaving Cert students, both those doing Higher and Ordinary papers.'

The National Parents' Council has expressed its anger that such a blunder forced today's English Paper Two to be postponed.

The State Examinations Commission has said the superintendent who inadvertently handed out the paper did not inform the commission of the error that had been committed.

The commission only heard what had happened after parents contacted the principal of the school yesterday afternoon.

It has confirmed that the superintendent has been suspended.
    Arrangements have begun to facilitate more than 50,000 students who must sit the rescheduled paper on Saturday morning.

Yesterday morning, the superintendent mistakenly distributed English Paper Two to Higher Level candidates instead of English Paper One.
    The mistake was quickly noticed and rectified, but not before students had a quick look at the paper. By late afternoon the school informed the SEC.

The commission then decided to cancel today's exam and reschedule a contingency paper for Saturday morning.

A security breach of this nature last happened in 1969.

Posted 15 minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

hahaha, the superintendent tried to cover it up ! epic fail.... what did he say "now you wont tell anyone about this ? will you boys and girls ?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

BLARG wrote: »
    Is this legit? I have no idea how a .pdf could have been made, also, macbeth questions are different to those apparently leaked.

No its not, it has loads of questions in it from past years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Lads,please stop linking to fake leaked papers. As far as we know they are fake,so don't bother.

Institutes thoughts on the matter

"Re: New english paper, no need to panic. You've been well prepare. The new paper will be fair andf won't try to trick you in anyway. IOE"

just got that text

REALLY glad i spent so much to go there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I doubt Philip Larkin would of came up :pac: :D If any poet comes up thats not predicted it will be Montague.

It's fake. Look at the SEC's logo on the front page at the top left. It's very obvious it has been stuck on; it's crooked and you can see shadows indicating it's a seperate piece of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

It's fake. Look at the SEC's logo on the front page at the top left. It's very obvious it has been stuck on; it's crooked and you can see shadows indicating it's a seperate piece of paper.

Well I'd say it's more likely to be faked on a computer, on a program which can make pdfs, because this doesn't look like it's scanned. It also lacks the date and time of exam, therefore ; fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

What school in Drogheda was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Well I'd say it's more likely to be faked on a computer, on a program which can make pdfs, because this doesn't look like it's scanned. It also lacks the date and time of exam, therefore ; fake.

I know it is a fake but the paper that we will get on Saturday won't have the date or time on it either. They are not printing out new papers. This has been done months ago.

Yah I know, it was created with a PDF creator. Not very well either.

It just looks like the logo is a seperate piece of paper. But, I'd say it's just a cropped image from the SEC's website, or something. They could have done a better job of making it blend in.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its true though.

Everyone seems to think this new paper is going to ask them on things they've never studied before :confused:

seeing as i studied bishop rich, cult context, & deception its pretty likely it will ask me on stuff ive never studied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Denzillacey

Calum196 wrote: »
    hahaha, the superintendent tried to cover it up ! epic fail.... what did he say "now you wont tell anyone about this ? will you boys and girls ?"

Did he actually cover it up and didn't report it to the S.E.C - If so he will be fired...

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

fona wrote: »
    What school in Drogheda was it?
    <snip> doesn't really matter <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its true though.

Everyone seems to think this new paper is going to ask them on things they've never studied before :confused:

It has nothing to do with that though, everyone is in the dark what they could ask.

Most teachers and most students believed that Deception& Banquo were due up and they were.

Poetry went exactly and i mean exactly as nearly every teacher had predicted.

Comparative there is only 3 possible questions and i have 2 prepared so i honestly don't care.

But now we have no idea what this second paper is like, personally i thought it would of made sense to release last years contingency paper online or whatever so people could compare it with what actually came up so they have a idea of how it works.

So now most people are left in a massive game of bluff, will they start over on the poets and change them completely or change one or two. In Macbeth will they go back to the old usual Questions of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth discuss or will they continue with questions of lessor characters and ask on Lady Macbeth by herself.

No one knows and sure we haven't had our teachers give us advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement