Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Did he actually cover it up and didn't report it to the S.E.C - If so he will be fired...

He didnt report it, it didnt come out until students parents rang the principal of the school, who reported it to the sec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

For God's sake would everyone just calm down.

It's not that big a deal. We'll just have to do the paper now on saturday instead. That's all. We now have a free period today instead of the free period we would have had on saturday.

Yes we will have a different paper but it'll be up to everyone to just deal with it.

Stop moaning and just get on with it. Everyone in the entire country is in the same situation.

This really isn't that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things. Am I the only Leaving cert student that's not bothered about this at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

fona wrote: »
    What school in Drogheda was it?
    Was it Drogheda?? Pffffttt.....bringing shame on our fine county.

I think the most disgraceful aspect of this is the fact that the superintendent or whoever made the error didn't immediately contact the State Exam Commission... was he/she just going to let it slide?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

The school is named in this document:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/exam-leak-fiasco-hits-50000-students-1761081.html
    I won't name them here but I think they should be severely punished for trying to cover this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭drop-dead-legs

i don't know if it was previously said here, but the re-scheduled paper 2's will be corrected easier, as you are being marked against other students, not against past papers. if everyone is so stressed about the re-scheduling, and everyone gets C's, then the department will distribute the grades so that they get the same percentage of A's, B's,C's and D's this year as every other year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

Yeah. According to RTE. Just curious as to which school since I grew up there and me and the bro went to schools there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

i don't know if it was previously said here, but the re-scheduled paper 2's will be corrected easier, as you are being marked against other students, not against past papers. if everyone is so stressed about the re-scheduling, and everyone gets C's, then the department will distribute the grades so that they get the same percentage of A's, B's,C's and D's this year as every other year.

It won't be corrected any easier it ll be the same as every other year. It'll be the same marking schemes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

alan4cult wrote: »
    The school is named in this document:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/exam-leak-fiasco-hits-50000-students-1761081.html
    I won't name them here but I think they should be severely punished for trying to cover this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

There will be the same numbers of a's, b's etc. but they wont be marked any easier. Why would they!? They might if it is an extremely hard paper that causes an uproar, but that is doubtful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

going over macbeth, i want to say "however our sympathy for this "brave" hero rapidly begins to drain, when he and Banquo meet the witches in Act 1 sc(iii)"

does that make sense or can anoyone think of a better word then drain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

going over macbeth, i want to say "however our sympathy for this "brave" hero rapidly begins to drain, when he and Banquo meet the witches in Act 1 sc(iii)"

dwindle
    diminish
    decline
    fade
    disappear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

diminish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Try dwindle maybe.

THANKS ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yagalo100

JW91 wrote: »
    For God's sake would everyone just calm down.

It's not that big a deal. We'll just have to do the paper now on saturday instead. That's all. We now have a free period today instead of the free period we would have had on saturday.

Yes we will have a different paper but it'll be up to everyone to just deal with it.

Stop moaning and just get on with it. Everyone in the entire country is in the same situation.

This really isn't that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things. Am I the only Leaving cert student that's not bothered about this at all?

I agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

at stevo and likely lass email from cian.everyone,

I have been inundated with questions for students regarding the new paper. Firstly from what we know about the first paper you should be very happy that you were well prepared. This will still hold true for the new paper. Given the intense media pressure I sincerely doubt that Saturday will be any different. It will be fair. Make sure that you have five poets prepared and that you know your central characters well. Many of you have asked me to put on an extra class. I have checked with the school and unfortunately this is not possible. The rooms are all being used by the state exams commission. Also there would probably be little value in such an exercise as I feel there is little I could say that we have not done already. So, what you need to do now is stay calm. Everyone has been affected by this and SEC will take this into account. I have spoken to my friends who are involved with the examinations process and they assure me that it will be a good paper on Saturday. Needless to say if you need anything please email me.

Could you pass this mail on to anyone you know who was in the institute.

Best of luck,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Stev_o wrote: »
    It won't be corrected any easier it ll be the same as every other year. It'll be the same marking schemes etc

Yep - confirmed by this thread
    How will this paper be marked?

This is a deferred sitting of the Leaving Certificate English examination. The paper will be marked in accordance with the established standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

kona wrote: »
    LCVP and the One that most of us do.

I know this was already corrected but :rolleyes:
    Institutes thoughts on the matter

REALLY glad i spent so much to go there

O RLY?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I see boards got a mention in the times over this!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0604/1224248024920.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Courtesy of SPIN South West

english.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

ColmDawson wrote: »
    dwindle
    diminish
    decline
    fade
    disappear
    Have you been going over your Walcott poetry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rob_Doyle

Ffs make sure you are doing maths paper one in the morning don't want to lose next saturday

leesmom wrote: »
    at stevo and likely lass email from cian.everyone,

I have been inundated with questions for students regarding the new paper. Firstly from what we know about the first paper you should be very happy that you were well prepared. This will still hold true for the new paper. Given the intense media pressure I sincerely doubt that Saturday will be any different. It will be fair. Make sure that you have five poets prepared and that you know your central characters well. Many of you have asked me to put on an extra class. I have checked with the school and unfortunately this is not possible. The rooms are all being used by the state exams commission. Also there would probably be little value in such an exercise as I feel there is little I could say that we have not done already. So, what you need to do now is stay calm. Everyone has been affected by this and SEC will take this into account. I have spoken to my friends who are involved with the examinations process and they assure me that it will be a good paper on Saturday. Needless to say if you need anything please email me.

Could you pass this mail on to anyone you know who was in the institute.

Best of luck,

Cheers i lost his email, love sexy cian ;) i do trust his opinion but does he really think anymore that 100 students in the whole country actually covered 5 poets in detail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

I did my LC in 2005 and I remember I prepared 5 poets well. I was the kind of studier who wanted to cover every possibility. Also I wanted choice in the exams even if 2 or 3 of my poets came up. I remember Emily Dickinson came up as everyone predicted so I decided to avoid that question as half the country would be doing it. Instead I did an Eavan Boland question and got 49/50 on poetry in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Kat Slater wrote: »
    I did my LC in 2005 and I remember I prepared 5 poets well. I was the kind of studier who wanted to cover every possibility. Also I wanted choice in the exams even if 2 or 3 of my poets came up. I remember Emily Dickinson came up as everyone predicted so I decided to avoid that question as half the country would be doing it. Instead I did an Eavan Boland question and got 49/50 on poetry in the end.

fair play to you wish i was that dedicated i only know 3 and 2 came up in yesterdays paper not good

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Has everybody gotten over the shock of having the paper on Saturday yet or is there still mass hysteria on the streets?

Just go and study. You'd have been in an exam now anyway so don't waste your time posting here when you can do something more constructive.

Kat Slater wrote: »

That's what I've been trying to tell people for the last billion pages. *applauds*

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Mr.S wrote: »
    Have you not read any of the 2 threads, just becuase they came up on the original paper, doesn't they won't come up on Saturday.

not saying it wont come up but i would have loved yesterdays paper will it be as nice again is all im saying

• Advertisement

not saying it wont come up but i would have loved yesterdays paper will it be as nice again is all im saying

magic8ball.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement