Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

fatgav wrote: »
    Courtesy of SPIN South West

english.jpg
    where'd you get that?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

This is the story I heard:

The superintendent handed out the papers.
    He/She realised her mistake.
    She took the papers back up and told the students to keep it to themselves.
    One student told her mother what had happened.
    The mother subsequently contacted the Department.

Superintendent should have informed exam secretary/principal immediately.Tough wicket for him/her

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mr.S wrote: »
    And remember, theres always been a women poet on the paper, so in theory, you could just learn Rich and Bishop tomorow and get a question on one of them.

Really? Wow I didn't know that.

Damn suffragettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Wait a sec... One thing is really bothering me, I heard that (poetry) Bishop, Longley and Keats came up. You think that it is changed on the other paper? Wait i sec, i just got a text *reads it*... Now this is confusing, They said that "the questions will vary between the two papers but the material on it can be the same. the examiniers won't mark hard" I just got that there and my reaction is WTF! God they really made a balls of this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Gonna learn Montie and Bishop and hope for the best.

Going to learn them well though!

Dunno what I'll do about comparative though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well some of the poets will probally deff come up. So thats fine.

The Cultural context will probally come up again, learn one of the other 2 to be fully prepared.

As long as you know Macbeth, the single text question should be alright.

And remember, theres always been a women poet on the paper, so in theory, you could just learn Rich and Bishop tomorow and get a question on one of them.

yea once cultural and bishop or rich come up thats a good paper i know macbeth inside out have done it enough times now

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

!Fr@nge! wrote: »
    I would really like to clear something up because it's really annoying me. This is absolute bull. The examiner's all collected a huge test for their centre the other day at a big meeting thing. ALL the papers are in this chest for the duration of the exams and only the supervisor has the key, they are responcible for organising them in the box so each paper is arranged in order of when it is on, the envelopes of the exams in the morning are a different colour to those in the evening you may notice. They are NOT stored in the post office or a garda station - bull.

I think it depends on the set up of the school. Some are kept in Garda station.. it said something like that on examination.ie

Longley has always come up with bishop, but could they throw us this year and not put a female poet on the exam (Now that would be bitchy)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

That_Guy wrote: »
    Has everybody gotten over the shock of having the paper on Saturday yet or is there still mass hysteria on the streets?

Just go and study. You'd have been in an exam now anyway so don't waste your time posting here when you can do something more constructive.

meh.i'll study geography and maths paper1 later and then go over english paper3 after my geography exam tomorrow.i should be sorted then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

leesmom wrote: »
    at stevo and likely lass email from cian.everyone,

I have been inundated with questions for students regarding the new paper. Firstly from what we know about the first paper you should be very happy that you were well prepared. This will still hold true for the new paper. Given the intense media pressure I sincerely doubt that Saturday will be any different. It will be fair. Make sure that you have five poets prepared and that you know your central characters well. Many of you have asked me to put on an extra class. I have checked with the school and unfortunately this is not possible. The rooms are all being used by the state exams commission. Also there would probably be little value in such an exercise as I feel there is little I could say that we have not done already. So, what you need to do now is stay calm. Everyone has been affected by this and SEC will take this into account. I have spoken to my friends who are involved with the examinations process and they assure me that it will be a good paper on Saturday. Needless to say if you need anything please email me.

Could you pass this mail on to anyone you know who was in the institute.

Best of luck,

Cian <3

• Advertisement

Frolick wrote: »
    Wait a sec... One thing is really bothering me, I heard that (poetry) Bishop, Longley and Keats came up. You think that it is changed on the other paper? Wait i sec, i just got a text *reads it*... Now this is confusing, They said that "the questions will vary between the two papers but the material on it can be the same. the examiniers won't mark hard" I just got that there and my reaction is WTF! God they really made a balls of this

The marking scheme will be the exact same. You'd be naive to think that it'll be marked any easier because of this mistake. Just go about your studies and never mind what people on here are saying and what texts or calls you may be receiving.

Speculation is always going to be rife but don't let it get to your head. Study as normal and all this speculation can wait.

meh.i'll study geography and maths paper1 later and then go over english paper3 after my geography exam tomorrow.i should be sorted then

Glad to see you won't be wasting your time. Fair play.

The marking scheme will be the exact same. You'd be naive to think that it'll be marked any easier because of this mistake. Just go about your studies and never mind what people on here are saying and what texts or calls you may be receiving.

Speculation is always going to be rife but don't let it get to your head. Study as normal and all this speculation can wait.

totally agree im just gonna study the same way as i would have and forget there was an exam for today hope that works

Well on the brightside we have a HelpLine lol

lol id love to ring that and just say give us the questions im a having a breakdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Boards gets a mention here aswell.

Glad to see you won't be wasting your time. Fair play.

thank you but i have to say procrastination is a bitch.thats why i have done f all study before the leaving and i am now cramming.the good thing is that i'm good a geography and i've just dropped down from hl maths to ol and i know a lot of the new stuff as well

I can only imagine the questions they're getting.

"So what's the paper going to be like?"

"What happens if paper 2 gets leaked?"

"Why am I ringing you when I know I should be studying?"

"Hello is John there please?"

I can only imagine the questions they're getting.

"So what's the paper going to be like?"

"What happens if paper 2 gets leaked?"

"Why am I ringing you when I know I should be studying?"

"Hello is John there please?"

i would be tempted to prank call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I emailed examinations.ie requesting english be moved to Saturday the 13th, anyone else done anything similar?

• Advertisement

I emailed examinations.ie requesting english be moved to Saturday the 13th, anyone else done anything similar?
    Ya there was a form going around last night asking the State Examinations to change the date, i doubt it will happen

it would be a lot better seeing as a lot of us have 2 tests every day from now on and the 12th is my last day so i wouldnt mind having to come in on the 13th.but i dont think it will happen at all.all you can do is just go over the stuff for tomorrow and after those exams,go over english.thats what i'm doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

I rang the helpline just to see what would happen and a very tired and frustrated sounding woman answered and said, and I quote....

"Hello, good morning SEC.... WHATS YOUR PROBLEM ?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I'm getting quite cheesed off by all this.We were handed the paper,we informed the superintendent quite quickly and he seemed distraught that he had committed such a grave error.Never once did he attempt to cover up what he did or absolve himself of responsibility, I really feel for him,he was a lovely man and it was a genuine mistake.As for holding louth accountable surely you're having a laugh. It's funny how appreciative yous were before the issue gained national exposure.How fickle the mob
    mentality.

i would be tempted to prank call them.

I think studying would be the better choice than ringing them up and tell them you've ordered thousands of pizzas to their office.

Sweet wrote: »
    I'm getting quite cheesed off by all this.We were handed the paper,we informed the superintendent quite quickly and he seemed distraught that he had committed such a grave error.Never once did he attempt to cover up what he did or absolve himself of responsibility, I really feel for him,he was a lovely man and it was a genuine mistake.As for holding louth accountable surely you're having a laugh. It's funny how appreciative yous were before the issue gained national exposure.How fickle the mob
    mentality.

i take it you were in that school in drogheda.

it was a genuine mistake but it has really stressed out a lot of people but for some reason not me.i just dont seem to get stressed

i take it you were in that school in drogheda.

it was a genuine mistake but it has really stressed out a lot of people but for some reason not me.i just dont seem to get stressed

It could've happened anywhere. Just happened to happen in Louth. No use in slating the entire population of Louth when it was clearly the examiner who was to blame and nobody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,213 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I would be nearly finished now, instead I overslept and am stuck having to cram Geography and Maths for tomorrow. Also now I don't have the whole weekend that I was counting on to help with the huge amount of History to look over. Words cannot express how pissed off I am at these clowns.

• Advertisement

I think studying would be the better choice than ringing them up and tell them you've ordered thousands of pizzas to their office.

i'll study later.but that pizza prank is actually quitea good idea.i was thinking more along the lines of:
    me:hello,is there a mrs. wall there?
    them:no
    me:well then is there a mr. wall there?
    me:are there any walls there?
    me:well then how does the roof stay up.

very childish i know but i did it before to some english company and they said that they were gonna get the police after me.lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement