Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Sweet wrote: »
    I'm getting quite cheesed off by all this.We were handed the paper,we informed the superintendent quite quickly and he seemed distraught that he had committed such a grave error.Never once did he attempt to cover up what he did or absolve himself of responsibility, I really feel for him,he was a lovely man and it was a genuine mistake.As for holding louth accountable surely you're having a laugh. It's funny how appreciative yous were before the issue gained national exposure.How fickle the mob
    mentality.

Or else the superintendent could have told the SEC and they would have gone to measures to prevent it getting leaked nationwide instead of trying to cover his own ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 debz_x

I emailed examinations.ie requesting english be moved to Saturday the 13th, anyone else done anything similar?

I emailed the big O'Keefe himself.
    Just basically mocked his government position and the government in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

debz_x wrote: »
    I emailed the big O'Keefe himself.
    Just basically mocked his government position and the government in general.
    They never answer... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 _unperfect_

like so wat do we study now? ALL the poets?!
    help!:confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Liam O wrote: »
    I would be nearly finished now, instead I overslept and am stuck having to cram Geography and Maths for tomorrow. Also now I don't have the whole weekend that I was counting on to help with the huge amount of History to look over. Words cannot express how pissed off I am at these clowns.

You would have been up early today for an exam so why not get up early to study?

Spend a couple of hours on each subject to revise. There's still 12 more hours in the day so just chill.

If you're cramming now at this stage then that's your own fault for perhaps not working hard enough for the exams which to be fair you knew were coming up for about.... em.... 2 years.

"Blah blah I hate Louth"..... It happened. You have to deal with it now. Go study.

like so wat do we study now? ALL the poets?!
    help!:confused::(

Stop asking silly questions that nobody has the answer to. Use your time wisely to study instead of coming on here. It's just wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

That_Guy wrote: »
    Stop asking silly questions that nobody has the answer to. Use your time wisely to study instead of coming on here. It's just wasting your time.
    you really want us to study dont you?:p

You would have been up early today for an exam so why not get up early to study?

Spend a couple of hours on each subject to revise. There's still 12 more hours in the day so just chill.

If you're cramming now at this stage then that's your own fault for perhaps not working hard enough for the exams which to be fair you knew were coming up for about.... em.... 2 years.

"Blah blah I hate Louth"..... It happened. You have to deal with it now. Go study.

Agreed, they are not going to make a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT exam its just unrealistic, i think we're over exaggerating it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

this is really starting to annoy me now.
    we're meant to know at least 5 poets so we'll definitely be covered for the exam. It's your own fault if you were too lazy to do that.
    As far as the SEC are concerned everyone has the whole course learnt because, well duh anything on the course can come up.
    If you only studied by the predictions, then you could still have been screwed.
    Stop moaning and do some study. It's not the end of the world, sure we have more cramming time now. Some people need to grow up.

you really want us to study dont you?:p

Yep. Why waste your time talking to me when you can go off and study?

Frolick wrote: »
    Agreed, they are not going to make a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT exam its just unrealistic, i think we're over exaggerating it.

Ye sure are. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Someone said that both levels should not have sat their exam this morning because they couldn't change levels if they wanted. Thing is people who done an ordinary paper 1 have to do an ordinary paper 2 yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 _unperfect_

christ. thank god we all have you here to help us. you truely must be gods gift. cheers for ur pearls of wisdom.

Someone said that both levels should not have sat their exam this morning because they couldn't change levels if they wanted. Thing is people who done an ordinary paper 1 have to do an ordinary paper 2 yes?

well ya? You can't have one ordinary paper and one higher, how will they mark you?

Ya wha????? Sorry I just didn't make any sense out of that at all.

christ. thank god we all have you here to help us. you truely must be gods gift. cheers for ur pearls of wisdom.

I am gods gift.... and you're welcome. :)

If you'd like some more pearls of wisdom then I'd recommend that you throw in a few capital letters here and there or you'll be maimed in your English paper 2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

Yep. Why waste your time talking to me when you can go off and study?

because i'm lazy and i know mostof the stuff for me exams tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

Im assuming your doing ordinary level?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

To the people not doing the leaving!you dont really need to be on the forum especially if your critising us thanks to those who are supporting cause i highly doubt ye knew every poet and possible question that came up for you leaving ye went by predicitions like we where doing which have now been thrown out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Sweet wrote: »
    I'm getting quite cheesed off by all this.We were handed the paper,we informed the superintendent quite quickly and he seemed distraught that he had committed such a grave error.Never once did he attempt to cover up what he did or absolve himself of responsibility, I really feel for him,he was a lovely man and it was a genuine mistake.As for holding louth accountable surely you're having a laugh. It's funny how appreciative yous were before the issue gained national exposure.How fickle the mob
    mentality.

Of course he didn't attempt to cover what he did...apart from not telling the SEC in time, so everyone in the entire countries study schedule for the weekend was ruined.
    I really think you'd rather we all give out about Louth, rather than finding out the names of those involved....
    And most people on here just didn't believe it, so no one was all that appreciative really. you know I wouldn't even have cared if everyone who had seen the paper had that advantage, I really wouldn't. But WHY tell the whole country and ruin it for everyone. Maybe even texts would have been ok, but did yis really think no one would notice it ALL OVER the internet.

Come on Montague or Longley!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Right I had done the two women poets and I was fairly sure Bishop was gonna come up being her last year on the course. Darn.

So a woman poet better come up!! I best do Longley now just incase. :(

3hrs English 6 hours Maths now. Well thats the plan anyways. :pac:

To the people not doing the leaving!you dont really need to be on the forum especially if your critising us thanks to those who are supporting cause i highly doubt ye knew every poet and possible question that came up for you leaving ye went by predicitions like we where doing which have now been thrown out the window

As somebody who has done the LC I'm simply offering my previous experiences.

It's foolish of anybody to study by estimations and predictions and that's why you need to cover yourself in every way. I know it's an intense course but sure all the subjects are to be fair.

If you had studied English paper 2 well then you will be fine. If not, today is a day for revising some more. You've now been given extra time to study so don't waste it.

I'd say Bishop, Montague, Wallcott and Keats

Bishop, Didn't come up last year, last year etc
    Montague, Bishop and Longley have always come up together so this might be a change in the paper
    Wallcott, First year and examiners want a marking scheme for him (i'd say avoid him because we don't know how he will be marked)
    Keats, because he is a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Actually, one has to only study 5 poets to be completely covered in that section. Quite doable.

If you're finding people's criticism harsh: get off the internet and go study. It's win-win. You don't have to listen to people's criticism, AND you're better prepared for your exams.

because i'm lazy and i know mostof the stuff for me exams tomorrow

That's the spirit. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ok, the amount of people saying "whats the big deal, so its 48 hours later, stop complaining".....there is SO much more than that. Dont wanna turn this into any sorta 70 page thread, but this is why this is pissing us all off so much:

1) For anyone depending on english, needing high points, this paper could be completely different to the original, predicted one. And dont say we should have learned 5 poets to cover our arses, to learn them all in depth is near impossible with all the other work we have to do.

2) For those who are not depending on english for points, but are for say maths and irish, there is now 3 hours and 20 minutes of english on saturday morning, which would otherwise have been dedicated to studying.

3) At 1.00 today, i was planning on being completely finished with english, and able to study for maths tomorrow. Now i have poetry and macbeth hanging over me. As for those who have geography tomorrow...

4) Most people don't want a day off today. The last few weeks has been nothing but expectation, then finally we've got into the swing of things, to have it suddenly broken up like this.

5) We've gone from having 3 days exams, 2 days study, then a heavy day of irish/maths on monday, to having 4 days of the leaving cert, 1 day off and straight into a full week.

6) Having something like this changed at such short notice is adding on a certain amount of stress to everyone, whether they are bothered about the actual english paper or not. We thought we'd got over the initial hurdle of the first day of the exams, till we had the horror that was last night, and the "is it/isnt it" worry all evening.

Ok, just wanted to get that off my chest. Not everyone is bothered that the english paper is going to change, so please stop accusing us all for taking shortcuts that we now have to pay for. This isn't our fault, and people telling me that I should have studied EVERYTHING in the 1st place is not helping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement