Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Claypigeon wrote: »
    So then O clever one, I'm bad at maths. Should I phone up Joe Duffy, complain about my fear of an impending nervous breakdown and demand that I get one of the graphing calculators that can solve equations, aswell as someone to interpret my questions, too?

Please do.....please please please.
    Get a grip - political correctness gone mad - if you're bad at spelling and grammar, you're bad at English.

Good point. But English is a required subject for almost every single college course in the country. Giving an exemption for entry is the only other option.
    You don't do Honours level. Just because being bad at English is labelled as Dyslexia does not make it tolerable. So you're telling me that I can go into an Art exam and say I'm art Dyslexic and have someone paint for me?

You clearly dont know what Dyslexia is, so this argument is pointless.
    As for I HOAP U PHALE, yeah thankfully I'm not worried about failing because I'm actually good at English and can write, spell and construct essays without 16 hours of slogging

Good for you. With your attitude you will surely succeed in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I respect the guy with cancer to be quite honest - he's coping with a serious health problem and making the best of it. Not whinging and moaning about being too bad at a subject to sit the paper without someone to read and write for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

what...?
    i was saying that the majority of people thought before all of this stuff that walcott and bishop were going to come up nothing about remember questions
    Sorry. My grammar is terrible. What I mean is:
    There may be a student out there that knows more than just the poets who came up. He/She may know the exact wording of one question or more. He may have had the paper much longer than other students and been able to memorize some questions. That's what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

kateos2 wrote: »
    tbh i really don't see the big deal. we have 2 extra days to study.
    you should have learned 5 poets anyway so if you didnt then, tough sh*t.
    If you're learning 5 poets you're doing it wrong and good luck to you in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

C'mon people. Relax :D. Go to the sun for an hour and start studying! We'll be ok :P.

• Advertisement

Please do.....please please please.

Good point. But English is a required subject for almost every single college course in the country.

You clearly dont know what Dyslexia is, so this argument is pointless.

Good for you. With your attitude you will surely succeed in life.

I'm not here to flame or be flamed - it is my opinion. That's what I want to say first of all.

What I want to say is - you do NOT need Honours English to get into University.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

blubloblu wrote: »
    "something could've happened to his children"
    wat

Yeah, let's look at it from that perspective.

While we're at it, let's look at this from his children's perspective! Or from his morning coffee's perspective! Or from his shoes' perspective!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

fair play to guy with cancer....wait study one poet you have 25 percent chance...theres 8 poets surely thats a 12.5 percent chance of that poet coming up..im probably wrong though maths aint my strong point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Lots of respect for that guy from Blackrock. He spoke a lot of sense and brought a smidgen of perspective to things...

alan4cult wrote: »
    25% chance. WTF?
    You have a 12.5% chance if you only study one poet.

To be exact, you have no guaranteed %! They do not all have an equal chance of coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

any1 else finding this quite funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

'my main BEEF with this is that the depaaaaarltment...' :p

To be exact, you have no guaranteed %! They do not all have an equal chance of coming up.

no mathematically it would be 12.5 percent my friend the rest is speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Sorry I got it wrong you have a 50% chance if you only study one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I did let out the odd discreet snigger.
    Still a bit chaotic, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Go ahead with the paper, yeh, with most of the country knowing it!

Gawd all migthy.

No chance to deliver it over night, no time.

Lad is talking ****

How do I text or E-mail into Liveline?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Seriously students and teachers attitude in 5th year is by no means serious, as a year group you wouldn't have been a priority. Whether you had studied 5 poets or not i guarantee if you are in anyway taking the exam serious you would have known exactly who you were going to write before you even got the booklet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Cancel paper 2??? a bit far, no??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    Seriously students and teachers attitude in 5th year is by no means serious, as a year group you wouldn't have been a priority. Whether you had studied 5 poets or not i guarantee if you are in anyway taking the exam serious you would have known exactly who you were going to write before you even got the booklet.

true!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

fair play to guy with cancer....wait study one poet you have 25 percent chance...theres 8 poets surely thats a 12.5 percent chance of that poet coming up..im probably wrong though maths aint my strong point

If you did honours maths you'd know it's a 50% chance that that particular poet will come up, because half the poets will be on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

no mathematically it would be 12.5 percent my friend the rest is speculation

50 percent actually.

edit: sorry didn't see alan4cults post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Man up and call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Trying to bring the macrocosm in lol.

'GEEZ GUYS, THERE ARE OTHER THINGS GOING ON IN THE WORLD'.

FINALLY that girl spoke the first real bit of true its over get on with!

EH perhaps they didnt find out because the superintendent didnt tell them:eek:

LOL cramming is so important that goes against what every teacher says ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    any1 else finding this quite funny?

Absolutely hilarious....."my beef with the dpertment"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

"Loike cramming is sooooo important"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Makes a change from Grannies and pensions and religious orders, however.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement