Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Actually just wondering why did SEC not just bluff it and call BS like most people did when they heard reports. I mean is the whole country going to believe what a few people from Louth say? It's not like it would of made any difference anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

fair play to guy with cancer....wait study one poet you have 25 percent chance...theres 8 poets surely thats a 12.5 percent chance of that poet coming up..im probably wrong though maths aint my strong point
    That might be the case if only one poet came up. But 4 come up, so you've got a much better chance. If you study 5, you have a 100% chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

50 percent actually.

edit: sorry didn't see alan4cults post

ah thank you for the correction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

'I've long exams all week'

Eh, earth to caller: You're not the only one.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Has anyone rang up and said "as a mother, Joe...."?

Also no more posting that petition link. It's not going to work. You'll be infracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

1 in 5 fail maths?!

Where does she pluck her facts out of!?

http://www.examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2008/LCGrade_over_3_years.pdf

The true stats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

jesus that girl was one pessimistic girl we just cant study after the exam suck it up your gonna have to if your not prepared

0001d0be0D2.jpg
    "Who's a sexy joe?"

(Sorry, had to do it)

'Okay, okay, keep the faith.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Only caught the second half of that, definitely getting the podcast.

Twas feckin brilliant from where I'm standing.

If it was 2 years ago though I'd be goin mad:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I've a full day tomorrow and Monday, half day Tuesday, and a full day Thursday. Then off until the 19th.

Know how the girl felt with Maths, though. Out of all my subjects, that's easily my weakest. Urgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

blubloblu wrote: »
    Man up and call.

Only wanted to make the point that mister BEEFIN' WITH MY DEPARTMENTZ was like "Oh well how come they can just E-mail it??" when we have to wait a few days:

1. There are (from what the man who taught in Libya said) 60 students sitting the Leaving there.
    2. Logically, not all 60 will be sitting English.
    3. It doesn't take much organisation to print <60 papers and hand them out at the
    4. One school running the exams - there are hundreds, perhaps a thousand here I'm assuming.

yerayeah wrote: »
    Only caught the second half of that, definitely getting the podcast.

Twas feckin brilliant from where I'm standing.

If it was 2 years ago though I'd be goin mad:pac:
    When are the podcasts usually released?

Haven't a notion, not a regular listener to Joe:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

i think she made a fair point like its tru now were only trying to wonder what the hell ther going to put on the paper like, this is redick im about to have a break down like, what about all the people who are not amazing at english im not like!, i have a tough next week

Claypigeon wrote: »
    ...there are hundreds, perhaps a thousand here I'm assuming...

There's over 2000 exam centres in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Stev_o wrote: »
    Actually just wondering why did SEC not just bluff it and call BS like most people did when they heard reports. I mean is the whole country going to believe what a few people from Louth say? It's not like it would of made any difference anyway.
    +1 on this. In fairness, this thread started here early yesterday evening. Until it started getting media coverage, everyone here thought it was a piss-take. If the SEC had made an announcement saying it's bollocks, everyone would have believed them and completely discounted the texts flying around the place. And since the texts would have been discounted, there would have been at most 30 people in the country with an unfair advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

petition now online to move exam???

Haven't a notion, not a regular listener of Joe:)

imfreein09 wrote: »
    i think she made a fair point like its tru now were only trying to wonder what the hell ther going to put on the paper like, this is redick im about to have a break down like, what about all the people who are not amazing at english im not like!, i have a tough next week

Like, I know, like.

• Advertisement

Good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I'm not here to flame or be flamed - it is my opinion. That's what I want to say first of all.

You are new to boards but it should be clear. If you make stupid insulting comments about your uninformed opinions, someone is going to call you on them.
    What I want to say is - you do NOT need Honours English to get into University.

I dont know about this but it was when I did my leaving cert (2002). The computer programming course I did required a C in honours english. Pretty much nothing I had learnt for the leaving cert was needed in the end.

HouseHippo wrote: »
    <Snipping>

Oh dear.

yerayeah wrote: »
    Haven't a notion, not a regular listener to Joe:)
    Same here. And that's a good thing.

Eamon Keane on Newstalk had a better show on it all. Very humourous.
    Even Spin1038 got youth being more logical and less worked up earlier on their talk show.

Joe pulls in the moaners. But, in fairness, some good points.
    And makes great entertainment.

(I still think this was handled very badly, however)

Only wanted to make the point that mister BEEFIN' WITH MY DEPARTMENTZ was like "Oh well how come they can just E-mail it??" when we have to wait a few days:

1. There are (from what the man who taught in Libya said) 60 students sitting the Leaving there.
    2. Logically, not all 60 will be sitting English.
    3. It doesn't take much organisation to print <60 papers and hand them out at the
    4. One school running the exams - there are hundreds, perhaps a thousand here I'm assuming.
    Agreed, dont know why those idiots didn't see the obvious faults with that plan.

Oh dear.
    Just the English one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

There's over 2000 exam centres in Ireland.

I wasn't sure at all - only serves to prove my point. The only figure I knew for sure was up on 57,000~ English students, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Can only hope that "Porrick" and his beef stop the beboing and twittering and simply quarantine everyone, crom loike loads loike ond hove a great sot of oxams loike

There is now an online petition to have the exams moved to a later date!!
    When do petitions ever achieve anything?

Silly comment
    Really?. <stop with the bickering>

Huh.

• Advertisement

Oh dear.
    That's been around since last night, and has somethin like 2563 signatures at time of print.
    There is an increase on a rapid scale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement