Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

The SEC should have got the new paper out last night. It's ironic that every newspaper in Ireland managed to publish something about it and they received the news late last night and I could get the newspaper at 7am in my local shop. The SEC received the info at 4:30pm and they could have sent it out then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Same here. And that's a good thing.

Eamon Keane on Newstalk had a better show on it all. Very humourous.
    Even Spin1038 got youth being more logical and less worked up earlier on their talk show.

Joe pulls in the moaners. But, in fairness, some good points.
    And makes great entertainment.

(I still think this was handled very badly, however)
    Someone on Radio Kerry last night described it as very entertaining...

What a clown!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I wasn't sure at all - only serves to prove my point. The only figure I knew for sure was up on 57,000~ English students, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Can only hope that "Porrick" and his beef stop the beboing and twittering and simply quarantine everyone, crom loike loads loike ond hove a great sot of oxams loike
    I was just giving you the figure as help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jimmypats

Yeah i got 3 texts saying it was cancled and didnt believe anyone of them until i saw it on the news
    Livelines phone was lioke permanently engaged!! How did ppl get through!!???!?!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

yerayeah wrote: »
    When do petitions ever achieve anything?

might get a hollywood star her job back :P

• Advertisement

Someone on Radio Kerry last night described it as very entertaining...

What a clown!:pac:
    They described the fiasco as entertaining?!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Really?. I thought that was the "sign me if you're hopefully optimistic but overall rather dim" petition.

Huh.
    I never said I was agreeing with it I was just saying its there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

You are new to boards but it should be clear. If you make stupid insulting comments about your uninformed opinions, someone is going to call you on them.

I dont know about this but it was when I did my leaving cert (2002). The computer programming course I did required a C in honours english. Pretty much nothing I had learnt for the leaving cert was needed in the end.

It is not an uninformed opinion to believe that if you are exceptionally poor at something, they should give you all the marks for it just for being so bad at it.. It is my opinion and I did not post it to start an argument, it's a forum, a meeting place of ideas. If someone wants to argue the point then fine but "I hope you fail lawl??" is just over the top, I'm not being spiteful it is just my belief. I understand that people in that situation see it from another perspective, but that's life. I see it this way from mine. I am open to other people's ideas but this does not mean I feel mine are inferior for being opposite to another persons'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 faughnan101

Who are these people criticizing others for not learning 5 poets. Every year people have to make sacrafices in the material they study based on importance and predictability. One of the most important factors of the Leaving Cert is choosing the right material to cover and with some people doing up to 9 subjects it's just not possible to cover every facit of the course. So yes people do base their studies on past experience and advise from others. It is ridiculous to call people lazy because they are trying to space out their workload. These students have every right to be annoyed when they see that this small but vital risk has paid off but because of some mentally challenged man that cannot differentiate between the number 1 and 2 they have been screwed out of the perfect paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

but everyone is under so much stress with the leaving in general why would they push it to this sat its there mistake no matter how ready u are for it u still are messing things up because its a sat its a completly stupid decision from them so many ppl are counting english along with ppl who have all hons subjects nxt week its crazy this is the likes of something tat would make ppl take their own life over the leaving, just saying its a lot to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I know about that silly petition, I've been getting pointless messages last night telling me about it.

It won't achieve anything. Plus, a good amount of the comments are trolling and general idiocy. Even if it did go through, if, the higher ups wouldn't take it seriously. Not with, 'LOL GUYZ IM MCBETHHH SUCKS FOR YE ROLF!!!!!'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

There's over 2000 exam centres in Ireland.

i think i read in the examiner yesterday there are 4,500 centres including all the special ones and what not in 750 schools!not sure though

When do petitions ever achieve anything?
    Exactly...didn't even bother to sign got a mass of emails bout it

Not doing their leaving vert obv

i think i read in the examiner yesterday there are 4,500 centres including all the special ones and what not in 750 schools!not sure though
    I heard 2000+. Seems like nobody really knows. Either way, we'll call it a fair few.

From the petition:
    No. 16. Charlie Mazer
    'its rediculeous'

I know about that silly petition, I've been getting pointless messages last night telling me about it.

It won't achieve anything. Plus, a good amount of the comments are trolling and general idiocy. Even if it did go through, if, the higher ups wouldn't take it seriously. Not with, 'LOL GUYZ IM MCBETHHH SUCKS FOR YE ROLF!!!!!'.
    Lol I haven't seen the petition just heard about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Who are these people criticizing others for not learning 5 poets. Every year people have to make sacrafices in the material they study based on importance and predictability. One of the most important factors of the Leaving Cert is choosing the right material to cover and with some people doing up to 9 subjects it's just not possible to cover every facit of the course. So yes people do base their studies on past experience and advise from others. It is ridiculous to call people lazy because they are trying to space out their workload. These students have every right to be annoyed when they see that this small but vital risk has paid off but because of some mentally challenged man that cannot differentiate between the number 1 and 2 they have been screwed out of the perfect paper.

No one's saying that the whole situation isn't a disaster. But just because a gamble is almost certain to pay off doesn't mean it's not a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

alan4cult wrote: »
    The SEC should have got the new paper out last night. It's ironic that every newspaper in Ireland managed to publish something about it and they received the news late last night and I could get the newspaper at 7am in my local shop. The SEC received the info at 4:30pm and they could have sent it out then.

....That's actually a very good point!!!

Well it was around 10 o clock I think, so ya english 2 being changed to Saturday was entertaining...

Whatever floats your boat I suppose:)

I heard 2000+. Seems like nobody really knows. Either way, we'll call it a fair few.

From the petition:
    No. 16. Charlie Mazer
    'its rediculeous'

I laughed so hard at this post.

It is quite a good example of the crap that's being spammed on AllHonours.ie (it was always a festering pit of whingers that can't spell nor speak to save their lives).

For example: "pls sume1 hlep wit da elgnsnih xam!!!???????? OMFG PLS?????

• Advertisement

From the petition:
    No. 16. Charlie Mazer
    'its rediculeous'
    Bwahahahahaha hate to be correcting his paper

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

You study two women, one will come up. If you honestly think each poet has an equal chance of coming up then you probably haven't studied enough...

It is quite a good example of the crap that's being spammed on AllHonours.ie (it was always a festering pit of whingers that can't spell nor speak to save their lives).

Sometimes I wonder are there any real students on that site at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I think it's somewhat entertaining.

Mainly the people being all, 'ZOMG MY LIFE IS RUINED OH NOES ;___;'.

Although, I must admit that that probably was my perfect paper.

But, oh well. Let's move on, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Someone refresh my memory because from this mornings interviews from one of the Chief Examiners she said the people involved only saw the poets but on here they reported the whole thing, so who is BSing?

I've popped onto that site, and I've contributed some material on occasion. The bloody textspeak would drive you crazy.

HouseHippo wrote: »
    Bwahahahahaha hate to be correcting his paper

Exactly. And that's only one!

Exactly...didn't even bother to sign got a mass of emails bout it
    Oh right. In that case, congrats on reaching 1000 posts!:D

Sometimes I wonder are there any real students on that site at all

I am convinced that it's actually just a place where trolls go each day. Bet they just wake up under their bridges, pack a lunch and wander there just to spam together in unison.

Hang on, trawling for a good 'un on there:

dis wil help
    Submitted by Steo_09 on Wed, 03/06/2009 - 21:06.
    get dis into all use dis wil clear ur minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Dhj7KsEyQ&feature=popular

So good.

DIS DER WIL BE GD 4 FREND OF XAM CLR UR MINDZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Boards,ie people has an unhealthy obsession with correct spelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

I never said I was agreeing with it I was just saying!!! <being mean>

Thanks sp :).

Agreed. And even if the date was changed (massive italics on that thar IF), as soon as it was announced there'd be another petition complaining about the new date.

If someone so much as drops a pen in maths 1 tomorow, there'll be petition to discount the leaving cert entirely and give everyone 600 points :).

I dunno, LC forum hasn't gotten this many hits in years :D:).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement