Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

What do you all make of the Anti-Louth groups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

@Spoonbadger - All of that bar the dyslexic stuff was joking, and even then the dyslexic stuff was my opinion and not an invitation to take offense :p

@Killaqueen - Yup pretty much, I'll shorten some words but even then typing is a completely different ball-game. Considering there's spellchecker and the capability to type much faster than anyone could possibly text. Also, the irony lies in the fact that most of the time they're actually spending MORE time typing than normal spelling would take them by adding

"??????????!!!!!!!!!???????plz???????"

onto the end of every message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jimmypats

Where do I find these anti-louth groups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

They're dead right...

It is not at all unreasonable to hate an entire county because of one person's mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Yes.

Wow.

Nuke Louth. Genious :D

Is the examiner even from Louth I wonder!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Wow.

Hush with your silly and irrelevant logic! To Louth! Get your pitchfork!

jimmypats wrote: »
    Where do I find these anti-louth groups?

Search Facebook for 'Forget You Louth'.
    yerayeah wrote: »
    They're dead right...

It is not at all unreasonable to hate an entire county because of one person's mistake.

Why not, I guess.
    Wow.

Doubt it!
    Claypigeon wrote: »

They're planning an Excommunication on the 23rd anyway.

Here's a little mock up...

<stop with the louth>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

<SNIP we've seen it before <SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Down With Louth *chants*

Anyway stop wastying time attacking louth and study!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

lads, whats the story with the thing jews cant do it on sat? does it mean it MAY be changed for everyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

It is not an uninformed opinion

Your uninformed opinion:
    Just because being bad at English is labelled as Dyslexia does not make it tolerable.

If you have an opinion about something you dont understand, does that not make it uninformed?
    they should give you all the marks for it just for being so bad at it.

Once again you dont know what you are talking about. She isn't given any marks.
    it's a forum, a meeting place of ideas.

Lol. That should replace "now ye're talkin'"
    I am open to other people's ideas but this does not mean I feel mine are inferior for being opposite to another persons'.

If you were open to the idea you could have simply looked up dyslexia and why this girl has the help as opposed to writing insulting comments. BOOM HEADSHOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Why o why has this mobilised irish 4chan users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jimmypats

ROFFLES @ map

Removed because I stupidly double posted.

I blame Louth.

imfreein09 wrote: »
    lads, whats the story with the thing jews cant do it on sat? does it mean it MAY be changed for everyone??

We'll find out on the statement from the SEC tonight that it is changed for religious mass reasons.

I'd tell you to say a prayer, but that would be a bit ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

imfreein09 wrote: »
    No. If the saturday date changes, i'll become your personal gimp-servant :).

@jimmypats
    Thank you, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Floop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I think when everybody is directing their hate at Louth, they think of this demon headmaster-esque figure looming over the school, all shadows and cackles.

...At least I do.

I think when everybody is directing their hate at Louth, they think of this demon headmaster-esque figure looming over the school, all shadows and cackles.

...At least I do.
    Hit the nail on the head!

There was a great deal of hatemail sent via email to the school over the past few hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

We'll find out on the statement from the SEC tonight that it is changed for religious mass reasons.

Got a time for that?

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Got a time for that?

Not as of yet. Will keep you posted as I hear.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Saturday is a Sabbath for Jewish people, so according to their religion their not allowed sit it.

I dout they'll make any chances to suit them, its either turn up or get 0% for paper 2.

As far as the SEC are concerned, at the moment that is, all students must attend on Saturday. Only Superintendents are off the hook. If they can't make it, they must make suitable accommodations in their place.

:rolleyes:

Only in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

ahahaha i knew emerald would have some great opinions on the leak

http://leaving-cert.net/category/emeralds-journal/

his -exam papers are made separately bit has really cheered me up

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Its a longshot at best but there are a few jewish schools i think .some private one on the southside cant remember the name

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A-C-C#-D

Doubtful, they Jewish have a right to sit this exam and they also have the right to practise their faith freely so they will have to be accomodated...somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Its a longshot at best but there are a few jewish schools i think .some private one on the southside cant remember the name

I live on the southside and have never heard of one. In fact I go to an international school and there are only 3 Jews in the year and only one is doing the LC. the Jewish representative on Joe Duffy said there would be less than ten students doing it though I would have thought it would be more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

Tom1991 wrote: »
    May be clutching at straws. I would imagine that there are many more muslims sitting the LC and we still have exams on a Friday. Anyway, it's best to get it over and done with. I don't want this dragged out for another week. I've other subjects I want to do too!

Some more fantastic signatures from the petition:

No. 2636. - Lily Allen
    'I take it up the poop hole. I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up thI take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.I take it up the poop hole.e poop hole. And Susan'

No. 2595. - LLyod Grogan
    'call me ladies 0868624150'

No. 2377. - LOLLIE PUMPKIN WALL
    I have a great body ... RIPPED

No. 2216. - Melony Gibson
    Well done Louth

WOW!

No. 2050. - Joe Duffy

Hello to you all. I understand how outraged you all are and I feel the same way!I shall be mentioning this petition to the minister of education on my show at 2 today on rte radio 1. tune in to hear whats happening and keep your text and emails coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Dumbledore wrote: »
    I live on the southside and have never heard of one. In fact I go to an international school and there are only 3 Jews in the year and only one is doing the LC. the Jewish representative on Joe Duffy said there would be less than ten students doing it though I would have thought it would be more than that.

I know one.

She cannot sit the paper if its on Saturday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement