Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

well I don't see why they can't skip the sabbath day for one day for their leaving cert! seriously that's all it is? ha.

To be quite honest I'm sure 90% of the people in this thread are Roman Catholic and yet don't adhere to their faith or even know anything about it, really. At least these people are sticking to what they say they believe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A-C-C#-D

Fxck Jewish law, they live in Ireland, and should follow Irish law.

As a citizen of Ireland they have the right to practise their religion freely and its not like we HAVE to do the exam on Saturday or we will be breaking the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Wow, the ignorance of this statement is astounding. does that mean if you were to move to Saudi Arabia, you should have to give up your personal beliefs and religion and conform in every way to Islamic law? And I dont mean in the legal sense.
    Yeah pretty much, but i wont be going there soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

well I don't see why they can't skip the sabbath day for one day for their leaving cert! seriously that's all it is? ha.

Well maybe they take their religion seriously. It is like asking a devout Christian to work on a Sunday, or do pretty much anything contravening their religion.

Well maybe they take their religion seriously. It is like asking a devout Christian to work on a Sunday, or do pretty much anything contravening their religion.

Exactly my point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gmitStu

Wow, the ignorance of this statement is astounding. does that mean if you were to move to Saudi Arabia, you should have to give up your personal beliefs and religion and conform in every way to Islamic law? And I dont mean in the legal sense.

It would make the world a better place if people conformed to the ways of countries they infect.

Yeah pretty much, but i wont be going there soon.

either way, we live in a Secular country, and we must accommodate the needs of all minority religions as long as they are deemed lawful by our constitution. So considering this is a public exam, we should have to allow them to do it at a time when it does not clash with their religious beliefs. Also, it is possible to be Irish and Jewish you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Fxck Jewish law, they live in Ireland, and should follow Irish law.

Bit harsh lads, try to keep the anti-semitism down eh? :confused:.

gmitStu wrote: »
    It would make the world a better place if people conformed to the ways of countries they infect.

Using the term "infect" is borderline racism. And I have never heard of a Jew committing a crime in this country if that is what you are referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

just spent today revising maths and irish.
    bit annoying having my routine interupted but at least were all in the same boat.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

Well I listened to the Joe Duffy show and I think some people are getting too worked up about this, particularly the first girl caller who came across as quite confrontational, but I can see where they're coming from.

The year I sat the LC, one of my papers was particularly hard and since I was aiming for an A, I panicked afterwards and thought I had blown it. I was in bits that night and didn't sleep a wink. But I had an exam the next day and I got on with it because there was no other option. In the end when the results came out, I got an A, but at the time I thought getting a B was a failure since I was aiming for a reasonably high points course.

People do think irrationally in these high pressure situations. When I look back on that exam, I realise how ridiculous it was to worry. I thought I would get a B, I ended up getting an A and doing even better than I thought.

So I do feel for people in this situation, but really it's not the end of the world. The playing field is level. In a year you'll look back and wonder what the fuss was about.

If you've prepared well to begin with, learned your poets properly rather than gambling on one or two, have a good knowledge of your play and comparative, you really have nothing to worry about.

Yes, the exam on Saturday will eat into some of your study time. But provided that you're serious, you can fit a couple hours in somewhere to make up and you'll probably be fine anyway.

Fad wrote: »
    Ehhhhhhhhh slight problem right there.............
    Direct quote from said bebo page...

"if louth were a person, id make it into a county and then shit on it's lush valleys"

Huh :confused:

Using the term "infect" is borderline racism. And I have never heard of a Jew committing a crime in this country if that is what you are referring to.

Jasus, everything is borderline racism these days.

Direct quote from da bebo page...
    "
    if louth were a person, id make it into a county and then **** on it's lush valleys
    "

If louth were a person, identification make it into a country and then starstarstarstar on it is lush valleys.

WAT? That's an Honours English student? Gtfo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

either way, we live in a Secular country, and we must accommodate the needs of all minority religions as long as they are deemed lawful by our constitution. So considering this is a public exam, we should have to allow them to do it at a time when it does not clash with their religious beliefs. Also, it is possible to be Irish and Jewish you know....
    I have no problem with them sitting the exam at a different time that doesnt compromise their beliefs, but it isnt practical. Only they can decide now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

RIGHT

A few questions:

1) How do I get the Joey Duff podcast - can't believe I missed it

2) Is the GUARANTEED that a female will come up, like Ive been hearing for two years? (if so, feckin study Bishop and Rich like I did!)

3) Uh... I had a 3. I forgot.

Good luck everyone. YOU SHOULD ALL BE STUDYING MATHS YOU KNOW. ;)

What's all this talk of study?

I didn't do any study whatsoever, got decent points, went to college and am walking away with a 1.1 Honors Degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Direct quote from said bebo page...

"if louth were a person, id make it into a county and then shit on it's lush valleys"

Original facebook page is farrrrrrrrr better!

<SNIP>no social pimping <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Kat Slater wrote: »
    Well I listened to the Joe Duffy show and I think some people are getting too worked up about this, particularly the first girl caller who came across as quite confrontational, but I can see where they're coming from.

The year I sat the LC, one of my papers was particularly hard and since I was aiming for an A, I panicked afterwards and thought I had blown it. I was in bits that night and didn't sleep a wink. But I had an exam the next day and I got on with it because there was no other option. In the end when the results came out, I got an A, but at the time I thought getting a B was a failure since I was aiming for a reasonably high points course.

People do think irrationally in these high pressure situations. When I look back on that exam, I realise how ridiculous it was to worry. I thought I would get a B, I ended up getting an A and doing even better than I thought.

So I do feel for people in this situation, but really it's not the end of the world. The playing field is level. In a year you'll look back and wonder what the fuss was about.

If you've prepared well to begin with, learned your poets properly rather than gambling on one or two, have a good knowledge of your play and comparative, you really have nothing to worry about.

Yes, the exam on Saturday will eat into some of your study time. But provided that you're serious, you can fit a couple hours in somewhere to make up and you'll probably be fine anyway.
    I did my LC in 1997. When I look back it was a pressurized environment, but Kat has pointed out some of the most rational sentiments so far in this 126 page long "rant". It's happened, deal with it and move on.....

RIGHT

A few questions:

1) How do I get the Joey Duff podcast - can't believe I missed it

2) Is the GUARANTEED that a female will come up, like Ive been hearing for two years? (if so, feckin study Bishop and Rich like I did!)

3) Uh... I had a 3. I forgot.

Good luck everyone. YOU SHOULD ALL BE STUDYING MATHS YOU KNOW. ;)

Check the RTE Radio 1 site, I'd say that's your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

PS:

I love english students, we're a funny bunch :)

gmitStu wrote: »
    Jasus, everything is borderline racism these days.

Only if it's racist.
    Claypigeon wrote: »
    If louth were a person, identification make it into a country and then crap on it is lush valleys.

WAT? That's an Honours English student? Gtfo!

Oi'll <SNIP> on yore face!!.

...Is what he would say :cool::D.

Only if it's racist.

Oi'll <SNIP> on yore face!!.

...Is what he would say :cool::D.

Good point.

Btw, amuse yourself with this heroic chap who posted in a thread on (you guessed it!) Awl Onners dot eye e!

honestly guys this did not
    Submitted by rob k on Wed, 03/06/2009 - 16:37.
    honestly guys this did not happen,its a rumour started by guys in drog and i know exactly who they are
    they wanted to spread it around and it got out of hand
    its not true ,

Original facebook page is farrrrrrrrr better!

<SNIP>no social pimping <SNIP>
    "Breaking News: Production of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows cancelled after the full script was handed out instead of the engineering paper at St. Olivers Community College. Louth youve done it again."

Brilliant!! :D:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭kevogy

where can i find the paper?
    i need a good look at the actual questions,
    i think its on the internet somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

kevogy wrote: »

go study <SNIP>

kevogy wrote: »

Back! Back to the allhonours.ie from whence you come, demon! The power of Boards compels you!

This is NOT the first time louths pulled **** like this.

1: Louth always breaks red lights, ALWAYS.
    2:Every christmass louth always opens its presents early, ruining the christmass spirit.
    3:Louth never gets invited to surprise partys cuz it cant keep its ****ing mouth shut.
    4:Louth is diaqualified from the special olympics after running WAY too early, trying to give itself a head start.

It does this every year.

I shant link to it again, but that page is epic!

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Back! Back to the allhonours.ie from whence you come, demon! The power of Boards compels you!

Says the guy who registered in the last 4 days.........

• Advertisement

Says the guy who registered in the last 4 days.........

Today actually, your point being? Are you implying that because I registered today I can't point out that that sort of post is the standard that gets spammed on that site, not this one? Ah clearly. Shun! Shun!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement