Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I think the person who made the mistake should be taken to Croke Park and put in the middle and suffer the wrath of 55,000 leaving cert students with parents!!!

:eek:
    40k_011.jpg

Ready to crush 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

MrPirate wrote: »
    40k_011.jpg

Ready to crush 'em.

wtf :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Peep O'Day

I think the person who made the mistake should be taken to Croke Park and put in the middle and suffer the wrath of 55,000 leaving cert students with parents!!!

:eek:

i can assume you will be getting 600 points come august with awards in each subject as you are infallible and never make a mistake.
    yes this was a very stupid mistake, but who has never made a stupid mistake in their life?
    this man is probably crushed inside, with thousands of people baying for his blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MrDrifter

You know, its not such a big deal tbh.
    So what, our paper 2 is delayed 2 days?
    I see comments about not having the poets studied, or the other themes..... its a course your learning, not just whats predicted to come up, thats your own fault.
    And about needing the weekend to study for maths? what was wrong with all of 5th and 6th year, or with sat evening, or sunday morning or sunday night?
    anyone who uses this as an excuse to fail never really had any hope in the first place.
    if this paper was leaked and wasnt delayed til saturday, and we had to do it today, you'd all be complaining, so shut up monaning, and go study some english :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Peep O'Day wrote: »
    i can assume you will be getting 600 points come august with awards in each subject as you are infallible and never make a mistake.
    yes this was a very stupid mistake, but who has never made a stupid mistake in their life?
    this man is probably crushed inside, with thousands of people baying for his blood.

You people don't seem to understand, that it's not the mistake that counts, but the fact the person tried to cover their arse by not telling the SEC, who could have ensured people didn't leak it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

I feel sorry for him, to be honest. It was his mistake that started it, but there have been countless others made since. Nought's had, all's spent :(;)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

What confuses me is that the superviser checks to see if it is the right paper then shows it to two random students that sign it saying it is the right paper...
    This gets a big WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

MrPirate wrote: »
    40k_011.jpg

Ready to crush 'em.

I'm glad I did my essay on the orbital drop of a squad of Blood Ravens. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

Frolick wrote: »
    What confuses me is that the superviser checks to see if it is the right paper then shows it to two random students that sign it saying it is the right paper...
    This gets a big WTF

I know - too many little mistakes. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Frolick wrote: »
    This gets a big WTF

maby he was blind :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Personally, I can't see the paper being changed by much.

I can see the poets being the same (Maybe a switch form Bishop to Rich, or Longley to Mahon/Montague)

The Macbeth question will definately change from Deception. Banquo will also not be asked. (Which helps to shorten down study)

And the comparative will contain either the Cultural Context and/or General vision and viewpoint (Seeing as literary genre and theme or issue came up last year)

So don't worry about it people, it'll be fine. Afterwards, I bet there will be people saying "What was the point of worrying?"

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I'm glad I did my essay on the orbital drop of a squad of Blood Ravens. :D
    Ah man, that is awesome! :D XD

Larkin501 wrote: »
    And the comparative will contain either the Cultural Context and/or General vision and viewpoint (Seeing as literary genre and theme or issue came up last year)

Also Literary Genre isn't on our course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Apart from deception, what was the other Macbeth essay?

Signature wrote: »
    Apart from deception, what was the other Macbeth essay?

Banquoez.

to be honest, i think that a lot of people are making a fuss just so they can have an excuse to complain afterwards IF they do badly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

A Banquo essay would have been horrible, imo. I'd much rather a "Is Macbeth teh bad manz?" or something about his character in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I laugh at the people saying things like 'Bishop will definitely not come up'

The thing is the continguency paper was set by someone unaware of what the person who made the original put on it.

It's the same odds Bishop and Longley will come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

I feel sorry for the poor guys this affected. Exams are stressful enough

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

walcott is a safe bet also. go with your original study plan is my advice

• Advertisement

For those that did not hear Joe Duffy's Liveline today (wonderful show, oh the lulz), it was said that

*The "real" paper that was leaked yesterday was written by group A of people.
    *The backup which we will be sitting come Saturday is written by group B, who never shared their questions with group A and vice versa.

Therefore, one can assume that each group both followed the pattern that most people here had predicted and are upset about not being able to avail of, when in actual fact, the poets we predicted are almost certainly on the backup too with maybe one minor change, and only the questions in the difference.

there are two papers made up, one is chosen for the exam and the other is held as a back up upon review from the chief examiner! so basiclly the other paper could just as easily have come up, so predictions can still be ok to make like?

Claypigeon wrote: »
    For those that did not hear Joe Duffy's Liveline today (wonderful show, oh the lulz), it was said that

*The "real" paper that was leaked yesterday was written by group A of people.
    *The backup which we will be sitting come Saturday is written by group B, who never shared their questions with group A and vice versa.

Therefore, one can assume that each group both followed the pattern that most people here had predicted and are upset about not being able to avail of, when in actual fact, the poets we predicted are almost certainly on the backup too with maybe one minor change, and only the questions in the difference.

we arent at a disadvantage at all so....besides not having as much time to focus on maths/irish.

dorgasm wrote: »
    there are two papers made up, one is chosen for the exam and the other is held as a back up upon review from the chief examiner! so basiclly the other paper could just as easily have come up, so predictions can still be ok to make like?

Exactly, which is why (hopefully) our predictions as far as poets go will be accurate while we never really had a concrete idea of what question (go figure - only a few poets when there's infinite possible questions really)

tazbars wrote: »
    we arent at a disadvantage at all so....besides not having as much time to focus on maths/irish.

In what way have you had less time? We gained a half day today and lost the morning of Saturday, don't tell me that after a full day on Friday (I have one anyway, and it's my first full day) you were going to be studying hardcore doing your most vital work from 9.30-1?

no, course not. But its the mental idea of still having english to sit. Rather than being finished altogether with it im (and im sure a lot of people) are still revising for our exam on sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

did anybody see the people on 6.1 news? the guy from louth talking about it was hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Lads and Lassies..

Just stopped by to offer my condolenses.
    Jesus if this was last year I would have flipped the lid BIG time. Boards was great for me last year during before and after the leaving so I appreciate how important it is for keeping ye all clued in!

This is such a cock up. An absolute farce and completel unfair. Once again, the State Exams Commission has fecked up so spectacularly that everybody has to suffer..

Anyway. I wish you all the best of luck with the exams. And especially on Saturday! It'll all work out fine, you'll see!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Who the f**k are all these bitches ringing into Joe Duffy?

FFS, the fella made an error and then fcked up by not following the proper procedure. I'd say he's feeling worse than any of us tbh.

We're all in the same boat but most of us are just getting on with it and preparing for saturday. The LC students asking for this fella to make an apology would really want their heads checked.

The LC is an importan exam I know but it's also a test of maturity. STFU and do some study instead of bitchin and whinin. It's sickening and is giving out the false impression that the majority of LC students are this shallow and self obsessed.

edit: I post here throughout the year and I have no affiliation whatsoever with the fella who messed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

did anybody see the people on 6.1 news? the guy from louth talking about it was hilarious :pac:

ha yeah i felt bad for him, don't think he realises how many people will now hunt him down...
    They shoulda asked him did the super. just tell them to keep their mouths shut or what?
    basically why did he tell no-one??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement