Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

why did yer man/one not follow procedure. did they really think nobody would find out? :pac:

I was bit pissed off yesterday but now I find it all really hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

They're bound to go easy on the marking of English this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

why did yer man/one not follow procedure. did they really think nobody would find out? :pac:

I was bit pissed off yesterday but now I find it all really hilarious

im the exact same :pac: its hilarious at this stage, wont make a difference, just have to give up my saturday morning lie in now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

overmantle wrote: »

it wont make a difference though, they still have to have the right number of a's, b's etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The shot of St.Oliver's really reminded me of Chernobyl!

It was so empty!

• Advertisement

I suppose the old self protection mechanism kicked in and yer man thought (foolishly) that it wouldn't get out. In the days before Boards.ie, twitter etc, he may have gotten away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Well if you know how the system works, it is somewhat inevitable if this is as big a deal to this many people.

The exams are marked, but then if people are falling down on certain things (ie a lot of people may balls up the poetry) they'll re-draft the marking scheme a number of times to compensate and keep grades proportional to each other rather than the first marking scheme.

This happens in every subject regardless of any slip-ups such as last nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
    But make allowance for their doubting too,
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Not a hope. Two words "Grading Curve"

I was on TV (>*_*)> ^(*_*)^ <(*_*<)

Frolick wrote: »
    Not a hope. Two words "Grading Curve"

Wrong. If a huge amount of people all screw up on the same thing it will be slackened. It's how the LC marking works. They re-draft the marking schemes a number of times.

• Advertisement

I suppose the old self protection mechanism kicked in and yer man thought (foolishly) that it wouldn't get out. In the days before Boards.ie, twitter etc, he may have gotten away with it.

Yeah i'd say its actually happened fairly often, this year it just spread really fast!
    we are both blessed and cursed by technology!

I remember there was a cock up with Leaving Cert Chemistry several years ago (with the actual paper). There was uproar about it but the grades in Chemistry were actually very good that year. They were obviously afraid of repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

From Facebook: "Breaking News: Production of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows cancelled after the full script was handed out instead of the engineering paper at St. Olivers Community College. Louth youve done it again."

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DogPawHat

Heh, paper two gets leaked and everybody happens to be on there social network of choice at the time instead of studying.

Mind you, we might have gotten away with it if it haven't been for that one parent calling the school. the first texts and posts went unnoticed for nearly an hour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

After 134 or so pages i presume someone has said this already, but since the examiner had little or no intention of reporting his mistake to his bosses, do the students in that Louth school realise that had they kept their mouths shut about the whole thing that they would have been extremely well prepared going into that exam today, wouldv been worth a good 10-20 points extra to even the laziest of students!

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Wrong. If a huge amount of people all screw up on the same thing it will be slackened. It's how the LC marking works. They re-draft the marking schemes a number of times.

thats what a grading curve is...

Ya but the grade will still follow the grading curve... They ease the marking if we all do bad but there will still be the same amount of A, B and Cs etc

phic wrote: »
    thats what a grading curve is...

He's saying it _won't_ be marked more easily. Because of the grading curve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭kevogy

hey what was the charactor question about macbeth,
    i heard it was banquo but im not certain,
    what sort of question could they as about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

After 134 or so pages i presume someone has said this already, but since the examiner had little or no intention of reporting his mistake to his bosses, do the students in that Louth school realise that had they kept their mouths shut about the whole thing that they would have been extremely well prepared going into that exam today, wouldv been worth a good 10-20 points extra to even the laziest of students!

I'm guessing it was one of the other students in the room that didn't get the paper told.

• Advertisement

Frolick wrote: »
    Ya but the grade will still follow the grading curve... They ease the marking if we all do bad but there will still be the same amount of A, B and Cs etc

Yup but the people who would have gotten A's most likely still will. You will not fly from an A1 to a C3 or anything like it with this change of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

DogPawHat wrote: »
    Heh, paper two gets leaked and everybody happens to be on there social network of choice at the time instead of studying.

Mind you, we might have gotten away with it if it haven't been for that one parent calling the school. the first texts and posts went unnoticed for nearly an hour.

What IDIOT told his/her mum though

kevogy wrote: »
    hey what was the charactor question about macbeth,
    i heard it was banquo but im not certain,
    what sort of question could they as about him?

Banquo and deception came up afaik. However, I doubt they could get yet another question out of Banquo. I'm focusing on Macbeth himself as a character.

Fad wrote: »
    What IDIOT told his/her mum though

Idiots are honest people who don't want a small sect of students undermining a system that 50,000 other people are relying on for their futures, their careers and their life choices now? Paint me red and shove a crowbar up my nose, I'm a friggin' idiot, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

That's so true, and people are forgetting. If everyone is likely to drop a grade then we will, but there has to be so many A's so maybe those who would've gotten A's yesterday and will get a B1 on Saturday will be...bumped up? Hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dumbledore wrote: »
    I live on the southside and have never heard of one. In fact I go to an international school and there are only 3 Jews in the year and only one is doing the LC. the Jewish representative on Joe Duffy said there would be less than ten students doing it though I would have thought it would be more than that.

stratford college

Yup but the people who would have gotten A's most likely still will. You will not fly from an A1 to a C3 or anything like it with this change of paper.
    Ya well if you get a A1 or about to get a A1 in english you won't be worried about this mishaps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

that's stupid louth people for ya :pac:

It's incredible that the only way they found out was cos a parent rang the school! kind of funny as well that there was only one moral parent out of all the people

Just wondering if this is the longest and most viewed thread on Boards.ie ever???

• Advertisement

He's saying it _won't_ be marked more easily. Because of the grading curve.

well it wont really, cos you'll still have to have the right amount of people getting a's or whatever, so its not like everyones gonna do great, some people have to make up the c, d,e,f part of the curve

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement