Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

phic wrote: »
    Most people in Stratford aren't Jewish though, even though it's a Jewish school! did some googling, and theres only around 1500 Jews in Ireland, and most of them are too old to have kids. Apparently Irish people don't like Jews so they all move! dunno how true that is but thats what this site said!
    With all the swastikas drawn everywhere in this country it wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Right what does the SEC want? hmmm 55,990 students giving out about moving the day to Sunday or 10 jewish students giving out about that it is on their day of prayer. I know we have to respect their day of prayer but its not realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

i cant believe this is becoming an issue...if they changed the day for ten people it would be a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Frolick wrote: »
    Right what does the SEC want? hmmm 55,990 students giving out about moving the day to Sunday or 10 jewish students giving out about that it is on their day of prayer. I know we have to respect their day of prayer but its not realistic

Fair point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ali190891

MrPirate wrote: »
    With all the swastikas drawn everywhere in this country it wouldn't surprise me.
    yea its true i did my history project on it....we boycotted dem!!!!!:O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

I think this incident is good for all ye leaving certers. It shows you that life is unpredictable and the need for you to learn to adapt, there are plenty more challanges ahead, this is a wake up call. Take it with a pinch of salt

I think this incident is good for all ye leaving certers. It shows you that life is unpredictable and the need for you to learn to adapt, there are plenty more challanges ahead, this is a wake up call. Take it with a pinch of salt

I'm sorry but the momentary incompetence of someone in a very important position is not to be taken as a learning experience.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why?

How does it affect you, at all?

dunno bout you but i dont fancy dragging english out for another day.

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I'm sorry but the momentary incompetence of someone in a very important position is not to be taken as a learning experience.

ditto.

Why?

How does it affect you, at all?

We've been kept in the dark enough over ~10 people in Louth seeing the paper, and now 10 people are going to be trusted not to see it because they're staying at a Rabbis house? Hah. Right, that's dealing with it alright. 10 people do NOT get majority over 55,000 others who are fed up enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

Thanks for the life tips, but I rather be able to get a good LC and go to college than only have learnt that **** happens after 2 years of hard work.

You won't unless your jewish :confused:

My Jewish? Re-phrase if you meant something different but all I can get from this is that you're implying we haven't had to wait an extra day for our English exam. Which is, technically true. We're having to wait two.

Yes well youll find in life that when people let you down you can dwell on it and be angry but this wont solve the problem and get you out of the situation. Im basically saying, focus on the new setup. I know your planning for the last two years has gone out the windows basically but lots of thing if f
    life like this will happen.

Something has to give way and i think most people just want this damn paper to be over, as it should have been at 12:30 today

Yes well youll find in life that when people let you down you can dwell on it and be angry but this wont solve the problem and get you out of the situation. Im basically saying, focus on the new setup. I know your planning for the last two years has gone out the windows basically but lots of thing if f
    life like this will happen.

I'm sorry, but no. A learning experience is not taking an umbrella when you don't see clouds and it rains. A learning experience is parking in a dodgy spot in the hopes you don't get trapped in by other chancers and you do. A learning experience is the leaving cert course which lasts two years. What a learning experience is not is a guy screwing up his job and affecting 50,000 young adults who are working towards their goals for University. This isn't just leaving the umbrella in the car or locking your keys in the car, dude.

no i read the post wrong, i thought the jews were trying to get everyone to sit the exam sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

lolcatcrmexam.th.jpg

Thanks for the life tips, but I rather be able to get a good LC and go to college than only have learnt that **** happens after 2 years of hard work.

Thats right, been pissed off is really going to help you now. In 20 years time youll be a bitter old man saying that bas**** examiner, he ruined my life, oh no!!!! Im a failure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ali190891

Just thinkin...i cant believe how stressed we were 24 hours ago,my phone was hoppin for hours!!And the amount of publicity?? ders lik 3 pages about it on the Cork echo!!!haha...and yet...barely anyone has mentioned Maths which is de one we all NEED to pass!!! haha:)

So what exactly is your point, whats wrong with the jewish students sitting the exam on Sunday instead of Saturday?
    Do you honestly think that will happen?

• Advertisement

So what exactly is your point, whats wrong with the jewish students sitting the exam on Sunday instead of Saturday?

You really think that they won't get any sort of information regarding the exam? Because they're in some other guy's house rather than their own?
    Thats right, been pissed off is really going to help you now. In 20 years time youll be a bitter old man saying that bas**** examiner, he ruined my life, oh no!!!! Im a failure!!

Yeah 38 year olds of 2029 are going to rue the day the Jewish community got their way because it made them fail their exams, that's totally the point we're making.

I'm sorry, but no. A learning experience is not taking an umbrella when you don't see clouds and it rains. A learning experience is parking in a dodgy spot in the hopes you don't get trapped in by other chancers and you do. A learning experience is the leaving cert course which lasts two years. What a learning experience is not is a guy screwing up his job and affecting 50,000 young adults who are working towards their goals for University. This isn't just leaving the umbrella in the car or locking your keys in the car, dude.

although im just as angry about it as anyone else i dont think the guy did it on purpose and anway he is definitely paying for it now. mistakes do happen.

ali190891 wrote: »
    Just thinkin...i cant believe how stressed we were 24 hours ago,my phone was hoppin for hours!!And the amount of publicity?? ders lik 3 pages about it on the Cork echo!!!haha...and yet...barely anyone has mentioned Maths which is de one we all NEED to pass!!! haha:)

Not necessarily, Arts in Galway for example doesn't require maths

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Hmm... how long does it take to convert to Judaism?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

sure the majority of students are catholics and sunday is our day of prayer :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I don't want to do the exam on saturday.

Can I claim to be Jewish?

tazbars wrote: »
    although im just as angry about it as anyone else i dont think the guy did it on purpose and anway he is definitely paying for it now. mistakes do happen.
    He looked at the exam sticker saying ENGLISH PAPER II right? The two random students saw it and signed that it is the right paper... I think there might be more to this... Taking to my supervisor today she said that is doesn't know how this could happen... Its a state exam for christ sake, people should be ALERT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

I'm not bitter not in the slightest.
    All this dwelling on the past pisses me off actually! I have 2 exams tomorrow so I just got on with it and studyied for them.
    All I'm saying is that its not exactly a valuable lesson in life to see someone make a balls of something. That can be seen everyday, eveywhere anyway.

sure the majority of students are catholics and sunday is our day of prayer :rolleyes:
    Ah sure we don't mind lol... that means limits are choices or having it on the 20th which won't happen

• Advertisement

Ah sure we don't mind lol... that means limits are choices or having it on the 20th which won't happen

im all for having it on the 20th... so much handier

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement