Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well if we're being picky, No one says a women has to come up;)
    Womens rights activists will be up in arms. The suffragette movement was actually about getting a female poet on the LC, the right to vote was just a byproduct of it all. Their pamphlets were very confusing and politicians were pretty confused as to that they wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fifa09

I think this incident is good for all ye leaving certers. It shows you that life is unpredictable and the need for you to learn to adapt, there are plenty more challanges ahead, this is a wake up call. Take it with a pinch of salt
    ya and im sure you would be this calm if it was your leaving cert ! Im sure that you would be completly prepared for every poet even though teachers were telling us that bishop longly and keats are very very very likely to come up and look at that.. they did i think every leaving certer has the right to be freaking out !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Frolick wrote: »
    He looked at the exam sticker saying ENGLISH PAPER II right? The two random students saw it and signed that it is the right paper... I think there might be more to this... Taking to my supervisor today she said that is doesn't know how this could happen... Its a state exam for christ sake, people should be ALERT!

I wouldn't really blame the students who signed it. I know I wouldn't have been looking to see what it said. students just sign it to say it wasn't open anyway AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ali190891

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Womens rights activists will be up in arms. The suffragette movement was actually about getting a female poet on the LC, the right to vote was just a byproduct of it all. Their pamphlets were very confusing and politicians were pretty confused as to that they wanted.

U my friend have brightened up my day!!!!!Cum onnnnn Bishop!!!!!!....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

I wouldn't really blame the students who signed it. I know I wouldn't have been looking to see what it said. students just sign it to say it wasn't open anyway AFAIK
    Ah well you must take some notice, well my examiner yesterday made sure we looked at the label before signing it (though it was common practice)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

They go to the guys house, they leave their phones at home, they stay the night and go to the exam on Sunday. How are they supposed to get information?

Even if they do, who the fuck cares? Please, tell me, how does it affect you?

Do you care that so many people are going to be cheating in Maths, Bio, geo etc?

Yeah I do care, every person that cheats is a grade that isn't meant to be there and so others who don't get cheat get marked harder. You're telling me that if you see someone cheating you wouldn't report them? You're the type of person that shouldn't even get to attend third level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Thats right, been pissed off is really going to help you now. In 20 years time youll be a bitter old man saying that bas**** examiner, he ruined my life, oh no!!!! Im a failure!!

Although I dont agree with the kids crying on joe duffy or whatever it was.They seem like spoilt brats to me but 20 years from now - 38?? that not old get outa that!

i dont care who cheats in exams i didnt care that people in louth had an advantage all i cared about was doing my exam !!! and now im completly thrown off ! all my routine is screwed up ! i cant even concentrate on maths and i reeealy have to ! and now 3 and a half hours of saturday is going to be spent doing a paper that we should already have done !!! i have sooo much study to do for next week when am i going to get this done????? thats why im so angry i dont care about english i did i was freaking out i wont deny that but ahhh next week is the problem !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

The SEC dont give a sh1te about how you cope with the other subjects, English imo, is the pride of place for them, thats why its first, thats why there is so much emphasis on it, honestly they dont give a fxck about how you do in maths or geog tmo because of this.

Um, no i wouldn't report them, i'd concentrate on my ****ing exam rather then worry about people cheating and getting a better grade then me.

This is ~10 people we're talking about, not 55,000. If they cheat and get an A, your exam/grade will not be affected.

Do you care that so many people are going to be cheating in Maths, Bio, geo etc?

How is that 10 people? Them getting a higher grade than you means that everyone in the country gets marked lower on the question they cheat on. You're a selfish ignorant human being with no conscience if you don't report someone cheating on something so vital to so many people.
    fifa09 wrote: »
    i dont care who cheats in exams i didnt care that people in louth had an advantage all i cared about was doing my exam !!! and now im completly thrown off ! all my routine is screwed up ! i cant even concentrate on maths and i reeealy have to ! and now 3 and a half hours of saturday is going to be spent doing a paper that we should already have done !!! i have sooo much study to do for next week when am i going to get this done?????

Maybe it's time you took the other 50,000 people into consideration then. People who tolerate abuse of the system are just dragging everyone down. Get a clue, people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

phasers wrote: »
    Hmm... how long does it take to convert to Judaism?

Judaism is not an actively Evangelical religion, it'd take quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Fad wrote: »
    Judaism is not an actively Evangelical religion, it'd take quite a while.

It was kind of a joke question

The SEC dont give a sh1te about how you cope with the other subjects, English imo, is the pride of place for them, thats why its first, thats why there is so much emphasis on it, honestly they dont give a fxck about how you do in maths or geog tmo because of this.

I disagree i think its the longst taxing test and WE want it over and done with. Would you like it in the middle of the exam period or at the end? I know i wouldn't

I'm off to go revise, you know, that thing competent and honest people do to pass their examinations. Not scribble cheatsheets or whatever it is you think is the right thing to do, "Mr S". Enjoy your bypassing of everything thousands of others are working for.

phasers wrote: »
    It was kind of a joke question

I know :).

But if that answer isnt given now, the joke about converting would go on for too long.............

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

pitty the sec dont give out guidelines or something seen as the amount of pressure they have put us under

Claypigeon & Mr.S, calm down or you'll both be banned for a week.

Claypigeon wrote: »

How is that 10 people? Them getting a higher grade than you means that everyone in the country gets marked lower on the question they cheat on. You're a selfish ignorant human being with no conscience if you don't report someone cheating on something so vital to so many people.

Maybe it's time you took the other 50,000 people into consideration then. People who tolerate abuse of the system are just dragging everyone down. Get a clue, people.
    and maybe you should stop worrying about everyone else and just worry about your own exam ! you cant blame other people for doing better then you ! im not the one cheating and i never said i saw anyone cheating but i wouldnt be taking any notice if they were because id be too busy concentrating on my exam

I know :).

But if that answer isnt given now, the joke about converting would go on for too long.............

you may need to do your bar mitzvah and...nah I wont go there:p

I was talking about the English exam with the ~10 people thing.

Your exam is not going to be severly affected by people who cheat, if everyone got an A, then yeah obviously, but people who cheat don't get A's.
    Soo cheating is ok, as long as everyone doesn't cheat O.o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

I remember doing my Inter Cert and the guy behind me kept calling me for tips/cogs. It was very difficult - I didn't respond but it was an awful position to be in.

poisonated wrote: »
    you may need to do your bar mitzvah and...nah I wont go there:p

Billy, you shouldn't alert people to your own ignorance :)

Jesus.

I never said cheating was ok, not everyone cheats. But people DO cheat, and its hardly an issue to other people, it shouldn't affect you. They are not "stealing" your grade. If they are cheating, its because they're poor at a subject.

Ya ok ok, but you kinda are saying cheating. People who cheat should be a issue... stealing are grade, no... making us look bad or equal, yes.. All in all bad >_>

This thread is going to go on and on, I reckon.

If somebody was trying to think of a thread that would attract the public's attention, then this is it.

Geog wrote: »
    If somebody was trying to think of a thread that would attract the public's attention, then this is it.

Well it is headlines hardly "made up" lol

Everyone: If you wish to discuss cheating do so in another thread. If you persist bannings will occur and/or this thread will be closed.

This thread has gone far far far off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

passive wrote: »
    Odd? anti-semite...
    And the winner of the jumping-to-conclusions award of 2009 goes to....

To put it in context - it was a shock for all the Leaving cert students but it's not the end of the world. The awful news about the three I rish girls losing their lives has been put out of the news since this surfaced. You'll all survive this and be able to tell stories about this in the years ahead. Best of luck to you all.

• Advertisement

Billy, you shouldn't alert people to your own ignorance :)

oh and you would definitely need a dradle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement