Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

theres a jew on 2fm !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

awhir wrote: »
    theres a jew on 2fm !

Burn the witch!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

Let's not get carried away!

Fad banned for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Alone with the rabbi on Saturday night... Sucks to be them, litterly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Fad, you shouldn't alert people to your own ignorance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Can we keep it on topic?

We've had a good bit of fun, and we've also discussed some serious elements too, but as things wind down we should chill out a little bit. Surely there is another piece of breaking news which is so compelling that we can post over 2100 replies in 24 hours? :)

Since the Media Blackout is on for the elections, this may be raised briefly on news programmes tonight. With regard to the rumoured 'Exam Guidelines and Tips' being given (as reported by RTÉ all day), this is not being released. I spoke to the Commission and they said that these reports are 'Completely false' and 'No guidelines or tips' will be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This thread is getting a bit over the top in it's moderation. I know the place isn't AH, but Fad was obviously being ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Dónal wrote: »
    Everyone: If you wish to discuss cheating do so in another thread. If you persist bannings will occur and/or this thread will be closed.

This thread has gone far far far off topic.

Every attempt to create a new thread has been met with it just being merged into this one.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh isn't it? Espically since he'll have exams in the next few days and want to discuss/ask questions?

I gave a warning. If you wish to discuss bannings either PM me or else discuss it in the Helpdesk.

Now, back on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

If someone has exams in the morning then he/she is better not to be spending too much of his/her time on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Geog wrote: »
    If someone has exams in the morning then he/she is better not to be spending too much of his/her time on here.
    Ya, maths Ordinary level... Hmmm,ya i'm off to play tennis

Exactly. I really think that students should focus on Maths for tomorrow (which is a vital core subject) and return to English after it.

It's a pity that it may affect students, due to those doing Geography, but they must remember that Maths is very important. Fail one of your core subjects, you fail the Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Can we keep it on topic?

We've had a good bit of fun, and we've also discussed some serious elements too, but as things wind down we should chill out a little bit. Surely there is another piece of breaking news which is so compelling that we can post over 2100 replies in 24 hours? :)

Since the Media Blackout is on for the elections, this may be raised briefly on news programmes tonight. With regard to the rumoured 'Exam Guidelines and Tips' being given (as reported by RTÉ all day), this is not being released. I spoke to the Commission and they said that these reports are 'Completely false' and 'No guidelines or tips' will be given.

ah thats crap well i can go back to geog now was waiting for someone to post on this cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Trying to cram hours of study in now usually won't help many, a brisk reading over of key points and your notes should do, all I done today. Going to be wrecked come Wednesday afternoon so gotta pace yourself.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Get this right...

I was just walking along the road, minding my own business, singing my songs, and what appears out of no where? Three bloody witches! I'm not joking! Anyway, they told me what's going to be on the paper tomorrow: they said the same as what's going around in all these texts messages; so I can only presume someone text them about it. But yah, now we have it from three equally reliable resources: Three witches (well all know witches wouldn't deceive, right?), the internet (there's never a lie told on the interent, honest) and text messages (because when something comes as a text, you know it's true).

Relax people, there wasn't a leak.

dont you love when such an arrogant person gos to the trouble of making up a story like that, then posting it on the boards, then only to be proved wrong! EPIC FAIL

ah thats crap well i can go back to geog now was waiting for someone to post on this cheers

You're most welcome, I think! :)
    dorgasm wrote: »
    dont you love when such an arrogant person gos to the trouble of making up a story like that, then posting it on the boards, then only to be proved wrong! EPIC FAIL

Damn right. The irony is, the one day I said to my colleagues that the Examinations Commission are very organised and efficient, the entire system fails and exams are leaked. Scary.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Exactly. I really think that students should focus on Maths for tomorrow (which is a vital core subject) and return to English after it.

It's a pity that it may affect students, due to those doing Geography, but they must remember that Maths is very important. Fail one of your core subjects, you fail the Leaving.

Not true, most NUI's do not have maths as a requirement for some courses such as Arts in NUIG. Even go read the CAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fifa09

i think the best thing we can all do now is forget this happened until after saturday and that nothing was leaked ! becasue we could have gotten the paper we're getting on saturday anyway ! so i think just study it as we were going to for the one anyway and keep with the predictions ! i hope bishop or longly come up ! and good luck to everyone with maths and geog tomorrow ! maths will be tough lol .. we've all had our rant lets not ruin the rest of our exams over this screw up .....

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Not true, most NUI's do not have maths as a requirement for some courses such as Arts in NUIG. Even go read the CAO.

Can you link me to the item where it says that officially a fail in the core subjects (English, Irish, Maths) doesn't result in a fail, please.

I would love to read this.
    fifa09 wrote: »
    i think the best thing we can all do now is forget this happened until after saturday and that nothing was leaked ! becasue we could have gotten the paper we're getting on saturday anyway ! so i think just study it as we were going to for the one anyway and keep with the predictions ! i hope bishop or longly come up ! and good luck to everyone with maths and geog tomorrow ! maths will be tough lol .. we've all had our rant lets not ruin the rest of our exams over this screw up .....

Exactly. Chill out, study as per usual, and when you're finished your exams then you can gloat and say 'Yep, I was the Class of 2009- When it all went belly-up'. Then you can join the 1969 crew and reminisce about the good days.

• Advertisement

Still being able to get into your top course does not signify a fail to me tbh.

Still being able to get into your top course does not signify a fail to me tbh.
    But I thought it was the case that if you got less than a D in a core subject, your Leaving Cert. was void?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hey everyone,
    just wanted to give ye a shout out, let ye know we're thinking of ye, and how horrible it must be.! Did the LC in 2000, man that was actually a long time ago :eek:

But I thought it was the case that if you got less than a D in a core subject, your Leaving Cert. was void?

Apparently not. I've contacted NUIG about it and they said that you don't need maths to get Arts.

I know of someone who failed maths in their leaving a good few years ago, and they were accepted to Arts despite this and only repeated to get their grant which did require a pass in maths.

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    just wanted to give ye a shout out, let ye know we're thinking of ye, and how horrible it must be.! Did the LC in 2000, man that was actually a long time ago :eek:

Ah, how kind.
    Hope you're doing well out there in the big bad world! :)
    Apparently not

Hmm.. Strange.
    However, like yesterday, this issue has so many ideas, very little facts. Must confirm this. Many students still believe that it is the case.

Has no facts? :S I'm telling you that it isn't listed as a course requirement on any of the sites or the handbook, written or online. That I contacted NUIG. That I know someone who was accepted to Arts in UCD who didn't have maths. Dunno what more you want tbh :P

Has no facts? :S I'm telling you that it isn't listed as a course requirement on any of the sites or the handbook, written or online. That I contacted NUIG. That I know someone who was accepted to Arts in UCD who didn't have maths. Dunno what more you want tbh :P
    Then if that's the case, many teachers should stop telling students about the 'Core Subjects'. I've heard it spoken of in many schools.

But, that issue is not for this thread. Let's leave that for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bnm

What about the 'aul conspiracy theory that's floating about?? How typically Irish. We can never admit when we've made a mistake, so people with too much spare time on their hands come up with some completely irrational explanation as to why someone handed out the wrong paper. I think it's pretty self-explanatory. Everyone makes mistakes. Ok, well in saying that, not all mistakes cost the Gov. an extra million quid, but this kind of thing is bound to happen every now and then. I can't help feeling sorry for the poor dude. He clearly panicked once he realised what he'd done and just freaked. But why did he have p2 in the first place? Is it not supposed to be issued on the day on which it is to be sat? Well that's what I thought anyway.

This new paper could have similar enough stuff on it, with any luck. The 2 different parties who set the papers have never met, therefore neither have eliminated nor included material the other has or has not, as the case may be. Also, I'd hope the markers would take this whole kerfuffle into account when correcting. Not so as to adopt an easier marking scheme or anything, just to be a tiny bit more considerate, if you catch my drift..? :D I agree, everyone just needs to chill out. No amount of complaining or moaning will get you anywhere. Just sit the frickin' exam and move swiftly on.

Ireland crumbling to pieces is great fun to watch, has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Ah, how kind.
    Hope you're doing well out there in the big bad world! :)

I'm alive !!! I gotta say though, i thought the LC was very stressful, but wait until you have it completed its the best feeling EVER!!! I didn't get my first choice (comp prog UL). I got my second choice Elec Eng! and to be honest i didnt even know what it was! I started sep 00 and it was the best 5 yrs of my life (took a yr out to find myself :pac:) I now have a 2.2 in elec eng and its a funny conversation starter as i'm a girl! I don't even work as an eng now, i've gone the marketing route... so what i'll say is Strange things happen for a reason !!!! This might bump ya up a few points....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 --x-randomer-x-

Does anyone think that the invigilator had one hell of a good bank holiday (unlike majority of us) and was maybe quite possible still suffering on Wednesday mornin? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement