Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

It's not exactly the same, but it's quite comparable.

Orthodox Jews don't eat ham because they consider it a sin.

Orthodox Jews don't engage in work of any kind on the Sabbath because they consider it a sin.

And honestly, do you want the "special treatment" they're getting?

They have to worry about English II for another day, while everyone else has it behind them.

They can't even study for that day, they have to just fret about it instead.

They do English II, and they then have to face into Monday's exams.

Strikes me they are (voluntarily accepting) the worst of the deal because they believe in something.

Why should that bother anyone else?

Now, if the SEC had said "Oops, sorry, folks ... we forgot about that bit, we're going to have to re-schedule again!" then you would have something to complain about!

In fact, I'd be the first person to say "hey, that's not on!!"

But as it stands it's skin off no-one's nose except theirs. (Karma forgive me, I was SO tempted to make a very bad joke there!!! :o)
    You missed my point completely. No one should be treated differently based on their views. There is too much value placed on people's religious beliefs. And I'm not just talking about this one case.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

fck sake like, tracors in the field beside me all night since 3 o clock , fckin idioots!!!!!!!!!!! if its not bad enough ive a throbbin migraine now ha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Claypigeon wrote: »
    We all had a really good stress-relieving laugh today at lunch; just making random jokes like.

"Hey I'm Jewish can't sit the exam today see you next Sunday or something kay bye"
    "Wait up how do we know you're Jewish dude?"
    "I'm circumcised, look I'll show yo--"
    "WOAH, WOAH DUDE CHILL FCK OK UM RIGHT YEAH KEEP HOLY THE SABBATH BRO TTYL"
    That is a stupid agruement (the jewish one) If it was a college exam they won't care and they would have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My Dad is eating a sardine sandwich, it is making em feel even more sick... Good Luck everyone!

Also I have no idea what time my school will open at today so I'm afraid I'm gonna be left standing outside for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Good luck all -- least the sun's not splitting the trees so ye're not missing out on the weather!
    (hail stones all night n morning here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You missed my point completely. No one should be treated differently based on their views. There is too much value placed on people's religious beliefs. And I'm not just talking about this one case.
    I didn't, you know, I just disagree with you (in this case).

I'm allowed.

So are you! :p:D

Now go beat 40 shades of green out of that English paper! :p

And seriously, good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I think that if Jewish students can be allowed take the exam on Sunday, then any student who would be inconvenienced by taking the exam on Saturday should be allowed do the same.

Exclusive special treatment for religion is wrong.

Also, good luck to all you LC candidates who are probably just taking your seats now.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Would the good Jews cater for good Palestinians in similar circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Come one o clock brace yourselves for potentially angry posts!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Take it to humanities forum.
    JC 2K3 wrote: »

Exclusive special treatment for religion is wrong.

Take it to religion/humanities forum.

Hopefully there won't be a repeat of some of the crap from during the week.
    Good luck to everyone sitting down to the exam,today and tomorrow, and hopefully when its all over it'll be a massive weight lifted from everyone.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I think that if Jewish students can be allowed take the exam on Sunday, then any student who would be inconvenienced by taking the exam on Saturday should be allowed do the same.

Well, roysh, I always wash my hair on a Saturday morning, and, roysh, 'tis part of my most deeply held beliefs that people's hair-washing routines should be respected, so the state should accommodate my beliefs ...

Don't get me wrong, I don't share their beliefs, and if anyone comes after me with a sharp knife and threatens to sharpen my pencil, they'll get a swift kick to the nads, but honestly, I don't know why people care a jot about this.

It affects NOBODY else apart from themselves.

Build a bridge and get over it! :p:D
    Coz families who have lived in Ireland for generations have so much to do with the situation in the Middle East ...

Yes.

/head assplodes >.<

janeybabe wrote: »
    I think people will be generally happy tbh.

I really hope so. There'll be little or no point in complaining about it if it's bad. There's no way of changing it so they'll have to continue on as normal.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Come one o clock brace yourselves for potentially angry posts!!!!!
    Oh, don't be so fupping pessimistic! :p
    I think people will be generally happy tbh.
    Did you get a look, Janey?

-snip-

Nice. Well I'm glad you think it's a satisfactory paper because I don't think I can handle another couple of hours of "NUKE LOUTH" type posts. I've already aged significantly since Wednesday.

-snip-

Bloody hell........ WW3 ensues.

I shall leave it to the students to say what was on it.
    Smashing!!

Ooops, bad pun!!1! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Smashing!!

Ooops, bad pun!!1! :D

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Leaving cert paper 2 is the most dreaded paper. Hope Bishop came up for everyone. Oh and supernatural for my sister, oh and theme in the comparative texts.

Oh and that she gets an A.:)

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Leaving cert paper 2 is the most dreaded paper. Hope Bishop came up for everyone. Oh and supernatural for my sister, oh and theme in the comparative texts.

Oh and that she gets an A.:)

And world peace.

And puppies. :)

FYP ;)

:p
    /licks back

/cowers in fear and runs away from Smashey

• Advertisement

So is this thread likely to die out now?

If so..... one more post!!!!!!

NUKE LOUTH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

Hope it went well for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Geog wrote: »
    Hope it went well for everyone.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

Couldnt have asked for a nicer Macbeth question there. You could have answered anything for it! Ran out of time in the poetry though. How did everyone else find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Yeah it was a pretty cool paper over all

Specially Macbeth :D

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Mabeth and the comparative (vision and viewpoint A) couldnt have been nicer questions i dont think. I answered Derek Walcott, unfortunatley i had prepared his love poetry and colonialism so the question was perfect but i twisted it to suit. Did anyone else rush the unseen? id only 10mins to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well I'm glad to see it wasn't a detrimental paper and I hope all did their best :)

tazbars wrote: »
    Mabeth and the comparative (vision and viewpoint A) couldnt have been nicer questions i dont think. I answered Derek Walcott, unfortunatley i had prepared his love poetry and colonialism so the question was perfect but i twisted it to suit. Did anyone else rush the unseen? id only 10mins to do it!

Vision and viewpoint? was there another mistake handing out the right papers??? haha! Yeah, the unseen was a bit rushed for me too. I only had about 45 minutes left when i started the poetry section so it was a bit rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

yeah vision and viewpoint?? part A was to talk bout key moments in the text!

• Advertisement

tazbars wrote: »
    yeah vision and viewpoint?? part A was to talk bout key moments in the text!

Eh... vision and viewpoint wasnt on the paper...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement