Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anothe rreason not to vote for Eoin Ryan

Options
  • 03-06-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭

Did anyone catch the lady handing out literature for Eoin Ryan in Pearse this morning? She was sanding right in front of the main stairs as people were coming off Platorm 2 which was quite a nuisance I thought. Normally campaigners stand in the councourse or outside the doors. Obviously she reckond she'd steal a march on everyone else by getting her leaflets into commuters hands first. If I was an IE employee I'd have moved her on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Hardly a reason not to vote for him ! but in saying that Wrongly or rightly Eoin wont be getting my vote as I am using it as a protest against Cowen as are many many people , and as a result I believe the country will loose a very able MEP in Eoin Ryan whom i voted for previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Redbhoy

Thats a good enough reason for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You dont need such a stupid reason not to vote for Eoin Ryan. He probably would have spent the whole time telling you why the train was parked at the platform then actually telling you what he is going to do!

But having said that. Was she good looking! :D

maybe it was a double cross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well if Garret Fitzgerald says vote for him, that's a good reason not to in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Christ, if that's a good enough reason for you not to vote for someone I truly worry about what reasons are good enough to get you to vote for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Listen to this. I really hate Fianna Fail.

BUT I'm giving Eoin Ryan no. 1 because he actually does good work in Europe (i checked) and I'm sick of us sending nutcases to Europe.

Rest assured when Ireland needs work done in the EU it's basically Eoin Ryan and the other FG guy there to actually do it. He really stands up for Irish interests.

Now at National level I think we need a change...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

aphex™ wrote: »
    BUT I'm giving Eoin Ryan no. 1 because he actually does good work in Europe (i checked) and I'm sick of us sending nutcases to Europe.

It's similar down here with Brian Crowley. A Fianna Fáil man but a hard working one with the top attendance record of all Irish MEPs. The FF MEP seems to be a different breed to the FF TD. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

if he stood as an independent i might have voted for him
    but alas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

if he stood as an independent i might have voted for him
    but alas..

Well it's about time the electorate woke up about Fianna Fail. However, the time to avoid voting for FF was the last general election. Unfortunately the public turned out in droves to vote for the property development party during a property crash. Smart one.

I guarantee whoever gets this FF seat in Europe won't be as hard a worker as Eoin Ryan though. He is doing a lot of work for Ireland and we can't afford to lose him tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Any halfway objective person who saw prime time last tuesday would see the Eoin Ryan kicked his two principal contenders for Seat 3 to the ground. All they could do was base reason to vote for them on reasons not to vote FF. Stupid politics.

These are Euro Elections, not a vote on the government. Its a vote on who will be the best MEP.

And Im saying that as someone whos highly against FF.

• Advertisement
Advertisement