Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General statement you could rattle off as an introductary sentence - Bishop

Options
  • 03-06-2009 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

somthing involving many big words that draws the reader in and ups the standard

and somthing general...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My opening sentences is "Elizabeth Bishop was an extremely gifted writer who spoke with a voice ripe with curiosity and understanding".

Not many long words, but it gets the point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

It will kind of depend on the question tbh. But whatever the question, manipulate it back to her combination of precise, imaginative description and thought provoking insight and take it from there...

EDIT: God I'm seriously screwed if she doesn't come up... You never know with lesbians either what way they will come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

"As dykes go...."

Nah just kidding

Something trite usually goes down a treat

Like "Of all the poets on the LC course"

Or "On first reading the poetry of Elizabeth Bishop..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

"A journey through the poetry of Elizabeth Bishop is a journey through her life"

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

"this one yea know wrote some deada lyrics like the one bout the codfish u could jus lik taste it ye know what i mean"

goin got A1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

"this one yea know wrote some deada lyrics like the one bout the codfish u could jus lik taste it ye know what i mean"

goin got A1
    That made me laugh

Do it

Advertisement