Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EC Stack

• 03-06-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am currently reading a book called the rapid fat loss diet by Lyle Mc donald and in it he mentions the use of what's called the ec stack in order to stop metabolic slowdown, e standing for ephedrine and c for caffeine.

My question is that has anyone here read this book and tried this diet? If so how did they get or purchase the ephedrine in the ec stack?

I am not planning on doing the diet i am just reading it for interest, but i knew we could buy caffeine but i wasn't sure about ephedrine, i've heard about it being in sudafed

cheers for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Actual ephedrine is almost impossible to get in Ireland. In theory, a doctor can prescibe it as a vasco dilator for asthma but since none of the chemists stock it, no doctor will prescibe it.

I think Sudaphed uses pseudoephedrine, which is not the same.

You can buy ephedrine online but the Irish Medicine Board will stop it if it can.

However, there are a few decent fat burners available in supplement shops or online which will do a similar job.

The Rapid Fat loss diet is a protein sparing modified fast, which means enough protein to stop your muscles shriveling up, some green veg and nothing else. It's on the same lines as Lipotrim and some other very low cal diets. Depressing and only recommended if you must lose lots of weight or face serious health consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

Hi Eileen

thanks for your reply, I am actually planning on trying the UD2 diet which lyle designed or rather redesigned but i know one or two people who want to try the rapid fat loss diet and i think it would do them some good, if even to do it for 2/3 weeks.

I have as i said been reading through the book and the one stickler is the e in the ec. I didn't go onto lyle's forums because i assumed he wouldn't know whether ephedrine would be available in ireland so i thought i'd ask here. thanks for your help

has anyone else out there read much of lyle's work?

I've read most of his stuff, and occasionally use his forum (don't ask him stupid questions, he'll eat your head off, but he's good about serious stuff).

You could probably use a thermo based on green tea or yerbe mate instead of the EC. Won't be quite as effective, but better than nothing.

I'd much rather do UD2 than PSMF. The only thing I'd suggest is that if you are not pretty ripped, you might want to tone down the carb-up. His figures are based on guys who are prepping for contests.

If you take a look at forum.bodybuilding.com, there is a keto section which is mostly based on CKD, so a lot of the same principles will apply.

hi eileen

I am looking forward to trying the ud2 i've heard that the depletion workouts are a bitch. thanks for the heads up re the carb up, my body fat is around 12 % depending on how it's measured and when but i've an average around that so i think i fit into the proper category for it. I might actually start a food diary on his forum and this forums food diary section when i start it in case anyone is interested.

I actually met lyle at his seminar in dublin a month or two ago, he was talking more about sports nutrition and i hadn't read any of his books so i couldn't ask him about the ec etc. In regards to the questions on his forum i see what you mean about snappy but in person he's a very nice guy and very interesting.

I was actually in a supp's shop today and asked the guy working there did he know the story re ephredine but he just knew ya couldn't get it. I wonder can you get bronkaid over here?

You can order it online, the big question is will you get it or will it get stopped?

Didn't know Lyle was here, I'd have gone.

At 12% you can do the full carb-up as written. I just want to cringe when I see guys who are 20%+ stuffing themselves with 5000 cals of carbs and wondering why they are not getting ripped.

Honestly any good thermo will do it. At a pinch, you can probably manage with a few double expressos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine salts are controlled substances- the unlicenced import of which can carry a fine or a jail sentence. It is on the list of prohibited substances circulated by Revenue and is also a listed substance under the CITES convention.

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

EileenG wrote: »
    You can order it online, the big question is will you get it or will it get stopped?
    smccarrick wrote: »
    Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine salts are controlled substances- the unlicenced import of which can carry a fine or a jail sentence.
    Not sure about the pseudoephedrine as it is in sudafed, but ephedrine is certainly a no-no, being confiscated is the least of your worries. It is a known black market pharmaceutical which is often sold as speed/amphetamine, or used as a cutting agent to bulk out real amphetamine or other illegal stimulants. So it would be more seriously "frowned upon" if caught. Both are also used as precursors/ingredients in the manufacture of methamphetamine so could arouse serious suspicion.

I know customs are cracking down on illegal importations more and more these days so it is definitely not worth the risk. Best keep discussion to legal/non-prescription drugs.

I have been taking these in the mornings and find them good.
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/capsules-tablets-softgels/weight-loss/thermopure/

I was never going to try and import it but thanks for the info Smccarrick, after searching around on lyle's forums i found that people buy bronkaid but after asking a family member who's a doctor i found out that it's not for sale in ireland. I know someone who is going to try the RFLD so i think they'll just stick with the caffeine only and then i might suggest they take a look at what rubadub and eileen suggested

cheers everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jethrodublin

bronkaid and eph are a different drug and used completely different so one isn't used as a swap for the other.

over here you can get a script for clenbuterol which is kinda the european version of bronkaid.

but its no sub for the eph. and the stack should be eca, a being asprin to thin the blood. its a ratio of 40:20:20. so getting your own ingrediants and trying to make the stack isn't a great idea.

pm me if you need anymore advice, nothing illegal, as i don't think the boards want all this talk of drugs!!!

Clen is something totally different and I'd stay well away from it. The animal version is angel dust. And it has been implicated in things like heart cell death and osteoporosis. I'm quite happy to take ECA, and quite a few other things, but I wouldn't touch Clen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jethrodublin

if you've ever had any form of asthma attack, very bad chest infection or any form of breathing problem then your 99% certain to have been prescribed it under a pharmacy own brand generic name already.

its the same as bronkaid.
    unfortunatley its the best fat burners in the world, just leaves you with slight palpatations for a few weeks after it!!111

Personally I never found that.

There was a very large scale study in Denmark, where it was used for weight loss under medical supervision for several years, which found that used properly, it was safe and had very side-effects. The side effects that did show, tended to be in the first week or so, usually in response to things like breathing problems, which makes it a bit mad that it is now illegal for fat loss, but is prescribed for people with breathing problems and chest infections.

Advertisement