Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what will you do if...

Options
  • 03-06-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

none of the poets you've learned come up tomorrow?
    I honestly don't know what I'd do, cos I couldn't even tell you the title of any Rich or Mahon poems!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I've left them out too. I doubt it'll happen though. Although I liked Mahon so I remember a bit of his poetry. I'd be able to string something together.

Plus at least poetry's worth the least amount of marks if it does happen. But try to think more positively!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I've left them out too. I doubt it'll happen though. Although I liked Mahon so I remember a bit of his poetry. I'd be able to string something together.

Plus at least poetry's worth the least amount of marks if it does happen. But try to think more positively!

Haha yeah I am actually feeling fairly positive, just thought I'd see if anyones got a plan just in case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

I'd cry like a baby....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Do either the second Macbeth question or write about loyalty in the Comparative theme/issue, and pray that I have a kind correcter:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Do either the second Macbeth question or write about loyalty in the Comparative theme/issue, and pray that I have a kind correcter:D

Haha class. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Write something and try and bluff it and then go home to study for Maths/Geography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Write something and try and bluff it and then go home to study for Maths/Geography.

Better than my cry like a baby plan!
    I'll do the same!!

I'm wondering about writing about one of the poets I have learned, and putting in the poet in the questions name. They might not notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I don't know which ones Longley and Mahon are. Like I can't distinguish them from each other.

I could pretty much BS the rest of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I could maybe do a half-decent essay on Mahon. Might be able to SCRABE together something on Rich.

But mainly I'd be crying like a baby.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm good on Bishop, Longley and Keats. I could scrape together something on Larkin too. Those 4 give me an 87.5% chance of success. :o

I don't know which ones Longley and Mahon are. Like I can't distinguish them from each other.

I could pretty much BS the rest of them though.

I have that problem too! Thought it was just me!
    Hence why writing my Longley essay, but saying its about Mahon might work!

phic wrote: »
    I'm wondering about writing about one of the poets I have learned, and putting in the poet in the questions name. They might not notice...

"Michael Longley's feminism is clearly evident in......"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

throw your desk at the one classmate who has bugged you for the last 5 years and start a riot

"Michael Longley's feminism is clearly evident in......"

Men can be feminists....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Cry. Just cry.

I might attempt to make something up, but when you know nothing, it'd be difficult.
    I might learn off the list of names of poems we've studied so that I can bull**** somewhat if the worst comes to the worst...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kdak

ive got mine over and done with but its cool reading bout it all here in the comfort of not ever having to do it again! :)
    just say that he/she was a thought provoking poet but didnt compare to XX who wrote better poems on the subject and turn it round so you can do what you want! at the end of the day its all about showing what you've learned so if you right about another poet they'd probably only dock marks for doing the wrong poet but they'd mark the rest of your answer on the content!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

id cry, ive covered rich & bishop and thats it im that lazy person who decided just to do women caus they come up every year to be honest all i remember of walcott was that i thought he was a "smoottth" guy from Jamaica & when i think about keats all i can remember is fanny brown (im such a child)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Definitely Claim you I was the real Derek Mahon and write 5 poems on the spot on the spot. When asked how the poet was feeling I would simply say "while writing this poem I felt like ****, mainly cause I knew I was going to fail English"

And that is how I got into clown college.

Men can be feminists....

I haven't seen any evidence of it in Longley's poetry though.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen any evidence of it in Longley's poetry though.

You're just not looking hard enough... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

pathway33 wrote: »
    throw your desk at the one classmate who has bugged you for the last 5 years and start a riot
    What a fukcing relief that would be. Take THAT snobby hos

It's on

You're just not looking hard enough... ;)

God dammit! I should have known that dead badger symbolised the crushed spirits of oppressed women.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

all i remember of walcott was that i thought he was a "smoottth" guy from Jamaica & when i think about keats all i can remember is fanny brown (im such a child)

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In fairness could ceasefire be a more feminist poem. We all know Achilles was gay, so it was a real connection between a father figure and a gay man. As they dressed and clothed the father figures son. Then they talk about checking each other out, which is grand for Achilles cause he was into men, but kinda sketch for Priam.

God dammit! I should have known that dead badger symbolised the crushed spirits of oppressed women.

Didn't wanna say it, but yeah it's pretty obvious man.
    think bout it,dead badger-->dead beaver-->oppressed women.

errlloyd wrote: »
    In fairness could ceasefire be a more feminist poem. We all know Achilles was gay, so it was a real connection between a father figure and a gay man. As they dressed and clothed the father figures son. Then they talk about checking each other out, which is grand for Achilles cause he was into men, but kinda sketch for Priam.

What have gay men got to do with feminism though?
    I dunno it's no dead badger...:)

Advertisement